Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

SEO Tactics Die, But SEO Never Will

Very good blog post on the Moz blog.

Quote:
This is a post that has been gnawing at the edges of my brain for years, and I think the time has finally come to write it. Our recent Moz re-brand launched the inevitable 4,789th wave (and that’s just this year) of "SEO Is Dead" posts. This isn't a post about our reasons for broadening our brand (Rand has talked extensively about that) – it’s a post about why I think every declaration of SEO's demise misses something fundamental about our future. This is going to get philosophical, so if you’d rather go make a sandwich, I won’t stop you.
Continued at: http://moz.com/blog/seo-tactics-die-but-seo-never-will

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM

Nice Article

I read this written by Dr. Pete.

But I would like to ask him about my site

With the recent Panda 2.0 update on 22 May 2013 my site jumpdates.com is lost our top position (10th) for all top keywords e.g “free dating sites” and “free online dating sites”. In fact we are ranking on my site jumpdates.com as floating since April 2012 when Panda and Penguin update was rolled out in the span of less than a week. Since then the traffic was flat and never picked up. The major drop in the traffic I came on 27 September 2012 when Google launched when Google launched Panda #20 and EMD (Exact match domain) update. Since then the traffic on the site is dropping and never picked up.

In fact we did not do back linking. The only thing we have been doing is posting articles, social bookmarking and maintaining social profiles on (FB, Twitter and Pinterest). No Back linking in past 18 months.

I have been noticing the drop in traffic since August 2012
My site is jumpdates.com, I am clueless what to do now!!

Domain registration Date – 2001
Page Rank -3

Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpmayur View Post
I read this written by Dr. Pete.

But I would like to ask him about my site

With the recent Panda 2.0 update on 22 May 2013 my site jumpdates.com is lost our top position (10th) for all top keywords e.g “free dating sites” and “free online dating sites”. In fact we are ranking on my site jumpdates.com as floating since April 2012 when Panda and Penguin update was rolled out in the span of less than a week. Since then the traffic was flat and never picked up. The major drop in the traffic I came on 27 September 2012 when Google launched when Google launched Panda #20 and EMD (Exact match domain) update. Since then the traffic on the site is dropping and never picked up.

In fact we did not do back linking. The only thing we have been doing is posting articles, social bookmarking and maintaining social profiles on (FB, Twitter and Pinterest). No Back linking in past 18 months.

I have been noticing the drop in traffic since August 2012
My site is jumpdates.com, I am clueless what to do now!!

Domain registration Date – 2001
Page Rank -3
Contact the blog author by visiting the moz blog. The blog author doesn't belong to this forum.

Do you have any feedback on the blog post as that is what I want from the members on this forum. Create a thread if you have a SEO issue that you need help with.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Banned

It's normal that SEO tactics change... Otherwise people that started doing SEO 5 years ago will have really "powerful" SEO strategy and a webmaster that starts today will be UNABLE to reach him... BTW, I like all these updates, because sometimes new ways of gaining new backlinks, are also a good source of TRAFFIC!

Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

now people who are living only on keyword ranking will definitely in the list of next updates too because chances of spamming is high in this scenario. Now all seo industry must be raise there level from keyword ranking. SEO is now working with Social media + Content marketing.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Contributing Member

hey jumpmayur,

i would like to comment here ..

its good to hear that you were ranking on seo for free dating sites for many timespan

but buddy its not your bad that you did anything bad and lost backlink

its just many new domains in market introduce at that timespan and used good seo tactics with using which they ranks with getting good seo techniques which you didnt ..

as much i know this could be reason ahead in depth we will need your webmaster account access and all in details

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum