Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Reseller Hosting

Reseller Hosting Discuss reseller hosting opportunities and more.

Share |
Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Dividing reseller space up for customer plans

Hey all, I just purchased a hosting reseller plan from one of the big companies. I have 50GB hard drive space and 500GB monthly traffic. Does anyone know of any resource I can check out to help me divide the space up and make plans for customers to purchase? Is there maybe an industry standard that start-ups go by? Thank you in advance for any help.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Are you stuck with the 50/500 as hard limits or is your account overselling enabled?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:32 PM
v7n Mentor

As a reseller you don't want to follow any standard, package wise. You need to find a niche, think of that niche, and give them something that suits their needs. Most resellers go local, satisfying the needs of small businesses etc. in their community. In such a situation, space, bandwidth and 24/7 support come second, and your own presence/presentation, experience and willingness to assist them matter a lot more. Most of the time you can charge a premium, for being less of a host, and more of a guide regarding their online presence.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
As a reseller you don't want to follow any standard, package wise. You need to find a niche, think of that niche, and give them something that suits their needs. Most resellers go local, satisfying the needs of small businesses etc. in their community. In such a situation, space, bandwidth and 24/7 support come second, and your own presence/presentation, experience and willingness to assist them matter a lot more. Most of the time you can charge a premium, for being less of a host, and more of a guide regarding their online presence.
That is some darned good advice. A value added host.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

As a reseller you want to be able to offer something of a custom service. That means your packages as well as your knowledge, guidance and the market to which you are making your pitch. As a reseller you want to make it seem that you can provide a service that others can't find easily and that entails some personal touch and some customization and a good niche where you can find a good level of clients.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Contributing Member

Is overselling enabled? I think this is a major factor to consider when creating your packages.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM

What market do you want to compete in? Who are you targeting?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Reseller Hosting