Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

Challenging question for SEO experts!!

Hi everyone, i have one question for all the SEO professionals, Suppose if i have a website same as of my competitor, but the domain names are different, website design, structure, pages name all are identical, what are the steps to be taken to beat this competitor ? Can anyone answer this ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 07:15 AM

Why would you want to make everything the same as your competitor? How will your business differ from your competitors? Also if you are copying any copyright web design work that has cost much money you could be in trouble with copyright have you thought about these things?

But to answer your question if everything is identical than the only other factor that could be different is the link profile to both sites. If you build better links then you should outrank your competitor depending on the domain age of their site it could be extremely hard if they have a strong domain and solid link profile or it could be very easy if their links are weak and spammy.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:20 AM

With a very good SEO, you can beat the competitor's website. It gets very complicated if the website is older and if he continues to do SEO! In all cases, you must find better backlinks to it.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

It only depend to you on how you manage your site even if the site of your competitor is older than your site you can still beat him by means of putting extra effort and a lot of hard work in promoting your site. This simple technique or should I say advice may help you in your problem.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

If you want to come up so you need to do good SEO for your site. Use high quality sites for promotion.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signify_1 View Post
Why would you want to make everything the same as your competitor? How will your business differ from your competitors? Also if you are copying any copyright web design work that has cost much money you could be in trouble with copyright have you thought about these things?

But to answer your question if everything is identical than the only other factor that could be different is the link profile to both sites. If you build better links then you should outrank your competitor depending on the domain age of their site it could be extremely hard if they have a strong domain and solid link profile or it could be very easy if their links are weak and spammy.
Good point. If you take everything of theirs and they are already outranking you, you will fall behind them for a while. By doing this you are doing nothing more than stealing information. I think the new algorithm was set to make sure that sites like this didn't do well. You can work at it all day long, but I think you will struggle a lot more than you think to get anything accomplished.

The second thing you need to think about, and I think the thing that many people forget about is the people that are going to find your site. I myself don't care if you are second in the searches, If I have been to the first site and not seen what I needed and moved to your site, I would not stay long enough to do anything. Once I see that you look and have the same information that the site before you, I will not just go right on the the third site believing that it was the same site as before. I am almost certain that their are other people that share the same thoughts on duplicate sites.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
v7n Mentor

Technically speaking... you will lose out. Google will see that you've just got duplicate content, and that may get you banned from the SERPs because they know your competitor had the content first. Plus, your competitor has all other kinds of things going for them already: in SEO, besides just your on-site stuff, you need to get lots of links from other websites. You wouldn't have those and so even if you did show up in Google, you wouldn't be able to compete with them.

Practically speaking... I agree with the others, it's not going to do much good for you. Even if Google had a weird shift that allowed you to show up in the results, what motivation would buyers have to give you their money?

It's very useful to look at your competitors in terms of what designs work for them, what kinds of content they have, their keywords, their backlinks, so you can mimic some of the same things. But copy the principles, not the exact content.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 PM

First you set your SEO goal and prepare result oriented Plan. Analysis the back links of competitor's website and start link building to get quality back links. Create and blog and change content frequently. Promote your website on social media networks for traffic.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajdeshmukh View Post
Hi everyone, i have one question for all the SEO professionals, Suppose if i have a website same as of my competitor, but the domain names are different, website design, structure, pages name all are identical, what are the steps to be taken to beat this competitor ? Can anyone answer this ?
If all else is and remains identical, then the only factor that is externally controllable by either of you is PageRank (PR.)

Whoever getting the more incoming PR wins the SERP rank battle.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Contributing Member

Back links by focus the keywords related to your site.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

The exact same website as someone else? Sounds like a nice theoretical exercise, but why do anything in regard to SEO with one hand tied behind your back? Create some decent content, write a blog on the site...do SOMETHING to differentiate yourself.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbaker View Post
All on Page SEO Techniques, ...
Per the OP, sites are identical. Therefore, on-page factors are not in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbaker View Post
... C class IP address of back links from where they are getting.
Immaterial.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum