Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 PM
Contributing Member

Problem with google analytics

Hi, am having a few issues with analytics would be really helpful if someone could help me solve them:

1. Thenextweb.com, abc.xyz - is detected as referral visit and spoils all the stats with 100% bounce rate, page views etc. Have filtered for abc.xyz until it appeared as thenextweb.com. Has anyone else encountered this? Any permanent solutions?

2. Problem with tagging - paid traffic is improperly classified as organic (in some cases). Auto tagging in adwords account is yes and I have no issues with gclid tags

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2016, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav2555 View Post
Hi, am having a few issues with analytics would be really helpful if someone could help me solve them:

1. Thenextweb.com, abc.xyz - is detected as referral visit and spoils all the stats with 100% bounce rate, page views etc. Have filtered for abc.xyz until it appeared as thenextweb.com. Has anyone else encountered this? Any permanent solutions?

2. Problem with tagging - paid traffic is improperly classified as organic (in some cases). Auto tagging in adwords account is yes and I have no issues with gclid tags
i am also facing the same issue on which google analytic i worked
so think mostly google analytic facing the same issue

Old 11-30-2016, 02:48 AM
Contributing Member

To remove referrer spam from data do this. Go to admin > select the view > Filters > add filter > select create new filter > add name of the filter > filter type custom > select exclude > select referral > put thenextweb.com in filter pattern.

For the second part, if auto tagging is enabled then I guess it should work. Some time due to bugs analytics does crazy things. I think it will be corrected.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Have added filter for thenextweb.com but then it was showing referral traffic from addons.mozilla.org and when I blocked that one...now its showing referral traffic from some reddit page :/

Old 01-03-2017, 09:13 AM

dear if you getting trafic from XYz site first check these trafic or rassian then you can block this trafic now a days alot of site getting bot trafic these trafic increse bounce rate.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:51 PM

Some people just block traffic from Russia and the referral spam disappears. Not sure if this is the fix you want.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:03 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav2555 View Post

I also had the same issue. It automatically stopped after a few days. Does this affect SEO of our website? Don't know what is the advantage for hacker by giving a fake address, because he even don't get any hits by giving a fake referral.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

For 1. You may find some answers in this post. There are two types of spam. Ghost spam & crawler spam. The article offers solutions to both https://moz.com/blog/stop-ghost-spam...ith-one-filter

For 2. Have you tried adding UTM tags to your paid campaign URLs? Once you do it, your traffic should start showing up as CPC. Here's the link to Google's UTM tag builder https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/

Old 01-30-2017, 10:17 AM

Even when you pay for traffic

When you pay for clicks and traffic that does not mean that you will not jump up naturally and get natural visits as a result.
I've noticed this many times that I pay for google traffic and then it goes into my organic - or so I though.
What is really happening is my serps are getting better and naturally getting traffic from google at the same time that I am paying for it.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:00 AM

This is not the correct solution. I'm not able to post links in this forum, yet, but if you google "google analytics referral spam" and click on the analyticsedge dot com's result, you will find a compete explanation of this problem and how to solve it.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejewelhut View Post
To remove referrer spam from data do this. Go to admin > select the view > Filters > add filter > select create new filter > add name of the filter > filter type custom > select exclude > select referral > put thenextweb.com in filter pattern.

For the second part, if auto tagging is enabled then I guess it should work. Some time due to bugs analytics does crazy things. I think it will be corrected.

it's any problem to delete current code and add new one ? or it's a good practice

Old 02-06-2017, 05:08 AM

Google Analytics sometimes has this sort of problem since it is a free tool.. you can use whoisvisiting tool or google webmaster if you want to double check your data.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:06 AM

To solve this problem I download a plugin in wordpress to exclude these pollutions

Old 02-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvisProduits View Post
To solve this problem I download a plugin in wordpress to exclude these pollutions
Can you mention what plugin incase someone actually needs it?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:05 AM

I simply use google analytics plugin with filter system

Old 03-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Contributing Member

I have issue in Custom Campaigns Not Being Tracked - A Custom Campaign is a means of uncovering how referred traffic arrives to your site. Using this data you can understand more about the most effective ways to attract visitors to your content.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:39 AM

This is common problem, I was also getting fake referral traffic from "social sharing buttons" and some kind of Reddit page but now they are stopped themselves. So wait for few days.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread