Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 09-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

Against Unfair Trade With China

Quote:
There are very few things that the top politicians in both political parties agree on these days, but one of the things that that they do agree on is that free trade with China is a good thing. George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, John McCain, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have all fully supported our trade relationship with China. In this day and age, virtually anyone who even dares to question how fair our "free trade" is with China is immediately labeled as a "protectionist" and is dismissed as a loon. But when you sit down and really analyze it, there are a whole lot of very good reasons why both conservatives and liberals should be fundamentally against our unfair trade relationship with China. But you won't hear these reasons being talked about on CNN, MSNBC or Fox News. You won't hear many members of Congress get up and give speeches about how trade with China is bleeding our economy dry. Both major political parties have completely and totally bought into "the benefits" of globalism and free trade and there isn't even much of a national debate about our trade policies anymore.

But there should be a national debate. Unfortunately, most conservatives are just going to accept whatever their leaders tell them to believe. Conservatives have been convinced that to be against unfair trade is to be "anti-business" and no conservative ever wants to be anti-business.

Similarly, most liberals blindly follow whatever Obama, Pelosi and Reid tell them to believe. Millions of hard working Democrat voters have lost their jobs due to our nightmarish trade relationship with China, but they are still convinced that Obama is their savior and that they must not ever say anything that he does is wrong.

Well, I have a message to members of both political parties....

WAKE UP! YOU HAVE BEEN LIED TO!

If you are truly a conservative, there is no way that you should ever support our trade relationship with China.

If you are truly a liberal, there is no way that you should ever support our trade relationship with China.

Globalism has allowed the big global corporations that dominate our economy to make huge amounts of money, but it has also forced American workers into one gigantic global labor pool.

Are you willing to work 12 hours a day for less than $2.00 an hour in sweatshop conditions?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ade-with-china

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Contributing Member

China's SAIC Motor Considers Stake in GM

Quote:
But the Treasury is worried about the reaction if non-U.S. investors, such as sovereign-wealth funds or a Chinese company, are allowed to acquire a significant stake in GM after U.S. taxpayers spent $50 billion to see it through bankruptcy reorganization.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DDLETopStories

Very smart...

Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

Another ineteresting article from CNN:

A Chinese stake in GM? Bravo!

Quote:
The drumbeat in the blogosphere began about a millisecond after the news broke on Monday that Shanghai Automotive Industrial Corp. was considering buying a piece of General Motors when the US Treasury Department floats its shares in an IPO sometime later this year. "The U.S. government should block such a deal from ever occurring," wrote one outraged commentator at Yahoo News. "Major U.S. companies like GM should be owned by American investors, not by any company run by a foreign government; particularly a foreign government that is hostile toward the U.S. This deal would jeopardize U.S. national security and should be rejected.''

So predictable was that particular line of thinking that the Wall Street Journal reported that the Treasury department "is concerned about coming under criticism if a Chinese company were to take a stake in an American industrial icon like GM, especially one that was saved with money from U.S. taxpayers."

Oh my. Where to begin? Set aside the obvious rhetorical point that the US government is, in its own way, about as bankrupt as GM was, and has been relying for years on debt financing from China to meet its obligations. Beijing holds close to $2 trillion worth of Treasury bonds, a portfolio on which the Chinese government has pocketed, in dollar terms, literally billions in profit as interest rates have plummeted in the US.

SAIC is one of GM's key joint venture partners in China, the country that is now -- and will forever be -- the largest automobile market in the world (as measured by the number of units sold). The Chinese government owns a controlling stake in SAIC. The company had $33.6 billion in sales last year, making it #223 on the Fortune Global 500.

In part because of its joint venture with SAIC, GM is doing very well in China. Indeed, earlier this year, Tim Lee, the President of GM International in Shanghai, was practically ebullient about the state of GM's relationship with SAIC. "It's excellent," he told Fortune.

But now, some Americans -- and, apparently, the Obama administration -- are going to go through the requisite hand-wringing because SAIC might want to buy a stake in GM as it tries to get beyond the humiliating "Government Motors" era. We're at something of a pivotal point in the history of global capitalism right about now, and it's unclear who -- aside from the top leadership at Fortune 500 companies worldwide -- really quite get it.
http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/21/news...tune/index.htm

That's right we're at something of a pivotal point in the history of global capitalism right about now.

The real question to ask is: Will the architects of the New World Order or Globalists be surpassed by the Chinese Masters?

Old 09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
v7n Mentor

I don't like China and never have. There were two world wars fought against communisim and for what??? We are trading with communist countries now. They have tried to posion our pets and us and their own people. Yet we still trade with them. And yes they are buying our treasury bonds. Unfortunately I think that is what is keeping the U.S. going. If they ever call in their debt we are in big trouble. I am afraid that China right now already "owns" us. I don't know if you remember last year sometime that China bought like 7 trillion dollars in Gold. They bought all the gold that was avail at the time. that alone worried me, that was a major red flag there.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

When you say "our" trade you must be American as thy seem to think they are the world.

Much more important issues like why Africa is not allowed to trade with Europe or most other countries.
Free trade with China is a must - what do you want, a chinese worker getting $20 bucks an hour ( a billion of them ) - lower living standards, completely different culture and way of life.

While most Americans dont hold passports and dont even leave the state, china has been busy propping up the worlds ecomomy.

If it was not for China buying most US bonds over the recession ( a recession which the american banks are too blame ) them the US, UK and most of the world would have been in a depression.

Its okay using long words and short sentences but the truth is that China's ecomony will dwarf the us in a few years

Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebitty View Post
I don't like China and never have. There were two world wars fought against communisim and for what??? We are trading with communist countries now. They have tried to posion our pets and us and their own people. Yet we still trade with them. And yes they are buying our treasury bonds. Unfortunately I think that is what is keeping the U.S. going. If they ever call in their debt we are in big trouble. I am afraid that China right now already "owns" us. I don't know if you remember last year sometime that China bought like 7 trillion dollars in Gold. They bought all the gold that was avail at the time. that alone worried me, that was a major red flag there.
I don't think it should be against China or Chinese people, but rather finding a way to regulate and create a fair trade system.

Isolationism is not that great if you want my opinion, but we cannot let all free trades going to help emerging countries at the expense of our people and countries.

Something balanced is the only way to go for each side.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues