Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Blog Promotion Discuss how to promote blogs here.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Onpage WordPress SEO Tactics

Hey, for the wordpress blog owners, what are some of the Onpage SEO tactic's that you are using? Now before you answer this question, read the full blog post below. I'd like your comments on the blog post besides a tip or two that's not mentioned.

Quote:
WordPress is undoubtedly one of the best CMS platforms used by all webmasters across the web market. Every single feature about the CMS is very inviting and advantageous for its users. Embedded with several features and plug-ins, it is easy-to-use and also search engine friendly. You can easily optimize your WordPress blog or website using the suitable On Page SEO and the Off Page SEO tactics, thus ensuring better visibility and business return.

On Page SEO – Manage and control the online visibility of your highly compatible WordPress based website with the best On Page SEO methods for better ROI. These strategies help you attract the search engine bots to your website, thus boosting the indexing of your web pages.
Continued at: http://dailyseotip.com/what-is-your-...ordpress/1510/

Your thoughts on what's been talked about? Got anymore Onpage SEO tips to share? Try to get a little bit detailed in your response because we are not mind readers.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Banned

You can install few seo friendly plug-ins to your wordpress blog. They help a lot.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Hey, for the wordpress blog owners, what are some of the Onpage SEO tactic's that you are using? Now before you answer this question, read the full blog post below. I'd like your comments on the blog post besides a tip or two that's not mentioned.

Your thoughts on what's been talked about? Got anymore Onpage SEO tips to share? Try to get a little bit detailed in your response because we are not mind readers.
The blog post itself is pretty complete and covers most things about onpage SEO that I understand. I didn't quite understand the difference between bullets 2 and 3. I am not sure of the difference between "major keyword" and "competitive keyword". I generally target the entire post for one keyword itself and include it in my URL, title, h1,h2, h3 tags, in the content itself, and, in addition to the bolding of it in the content I also add other emphasis.
What I haven't done in the past but am incorporating into my blogs now is the addition of the "featured" image. I am getting free icons and then renaming them with keyword targeted names and adding the thumbnail to each post.
One thing that was left out was all the other SEO plugins that are available. SEOpresser is good but is a premium plugin. There are 2 others that are comparable that are free to download from the wp.org depository. They are "Yoast SEO" and "SEO vibe". Both of these plugins also will let you know if your blog post should be optimized a little more.

Over all, a good blog post.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Install wordpress.org and use XAMP for creating to wordpress on page seo, thanks for for sharing good CMS platform.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

It was interesting to read all these tips here to optimize the website by seo.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post

pretty basic and not saying much, we gave away loads more than that just over 2 years ago now, I wont link to the posts but you can find and follow the clues here

http://www.google.com/search?q=advanced+wordpress+seo

most of it (content production, interlinking etc) is all still valid, but a few of the plugins have moved on a bit since back then.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:58 PM

SEO plugins (ex: All-in-One-SEO) and tags (using tags widget) can be useful. Setting default "prefix" and/or "suffix" as well as Title and description within SEO plugin settings can assist your on-page SEO efforts. Beyond that, there are a number of "assistant tools" (ex: add an image --> title, alt text, description, etc.) that entice you to fill in values that assist your SEO efforts. Many of these might get missed otherwise. IMHO.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Banned

Word press is the best blogs site it is seo friendly and lots of seo plugin are available in ie; All in one seo is the best plugin.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by completelinkbuilder View Post
Word press is the best blogs site it is seo friendly and lots of seo plugin are available in ie; All in one seo is the best plugin.
What's your thoughts on the blog post i just linked us to?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

I think On Page SEO methods need backlinks between each post. I usually use automatic link and related post plugin.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:13 AM

"Yet another related post plugin" helps me in on page SEO. Automatic links also works for me- The great feature of this plugin is we can define keywords to urls and it will automatically converts all keyword or a specific number per page into do follow links.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

When adding images to your webpage, make sure you add the “Alt tag” along with your main keyword.
I suppose it's important to use significant file names for the images too, like "spaghetti-bolognese.jpg", instead of "2623807277_b175b5d5cc_o.jpg". However, the second one ranks 13th in Google image search, so may be this is not such a big issue...

Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM

Get your title right. Then use the keywords you're targeting in the blogpost. Use an SEO pack to control titles and descriptions.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

The article is hardly breaking any new ground. As a a basic tutorial it is somewhat helpful. Some concrete examples of what is being discussed would be a an improvement.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:16 AM
Contributing Member

If talking about the best on-page SEO tactic for WordPress blog or site, I prefer to use Yoast plugin. It is absolutely free, but there is a premium version of it. The free version is very goo. The plugin will automatically give you review and suggestion under your text editor while writing a blog post on your Wordpress back-end. The plugin reviews your writing by assessing your writing scores for readability such as 'fletch reading easy' score, passive words usage score, subheading usage score, etc. It also makes an automatic assessment about the on-page SEO for the single post, and excellently giving ideas how you do it better. Take a look at this picture, I love this free SEO plugin.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:21 AM
Contributing Member

Onpage SEO always helps google to view your content better and hence increase your ranking. Few tips from me are:

1) Decrease the Image Size. SMUSH.IT is best in that
2) Decrease the HTTP requests.
3) USE CDN
4) Write Code according to W3 standards
5) Use only One H1 and one H2 in your page. Optimise your Theme template
6) Increase speed to the Maximum you can. Less than 2 seconds is always preferable.
7) Optimize database using WP-optimize.
Use Supper cashe plugin to booost your content.
9) Edit HTACCESS file according to your need.
10) USE Yoast Plugin to write META TAGS, MATA DESCRIPTION, optimize TITLE
11) Use plugin for Snippets

BTW the link you provide doesnt open plz update thread so that we recommend more things.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by websolutions_777 View Post
Onpage SEO always helps google to view your content better and hence increase your ranking. Few tips from me are:
e TITLE
I am sure you missed OP date (04-23-2011 07:13 AM)

Old 01-07-2017, 06:41 AM

I started this thread in 2011. Thread closed as a lot of things have changed in regards to SEO since then.

If need advice, start a new thread.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum > Blog Promotion

Closed Thread