Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Depends upon you and your business. Some times it is best just to let things go and start new while other times it is best to cure what went wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoseattlellc View Post
HMMMMM...

I do appreciate the “wake up”. We will re examine. I guess my initial question is: Which is more cost effective. Cure or Start New. It is my guess that we had tried to-revive with little success and at one point decided “enough”.

Again, Thank U

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Banned

STAHP! with all the blaming and reasoning bandwagon of replies. We're trying to look for solutions here. We know all those SEO legalities but this thing is a bit more complex so we are now looking for way out if there's any or what's the best alternative to market out websites again.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Contributing Member

There is no one size fit all solution. As with any business you should already have a plan b in place (never put all your eggs in one basket). Running a business online is the exact same thing as running one offline. You must make sure you have a plan before even getting a business.

The fact that many followed those so called experts and are now crying out for help should tell you something about those so called experts (maybe it is time to stop following and start testing).

With that said I think imwebmasters said it best "I think it must be looked at on a case-by-case basis". I stated what "I" personally would do above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphnix View Post
STAHP! with all the blaming and reasoning bandwagon of replies. We're trying to look for solutions here. We know all those SEO legalities but this thing is a bit more complex so we are now looking for way out if there's any or what's the best alternative to market out websites again.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

Let's look at a specific problem! Suppose a domain is like this - offline[keyword]blog where the [keyword] can be anything like - lead marketing, auto insurance, marketing, would you consider this to be an EMD? or a PMD?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Contributing Member

That is not an exact match domain but again understand that ANY word can be turned into a keyword. What Google has always tried to combat is those that try to game the system.

Google is a business just like any other business and with that business they do want to cater to their "users" and supply them with quality search results. If someone searches for car auto insurance for texas then the last thing they want to see is car-auto-insurance-texas.com that is loaded down with a bunch of ads or affiliate links.

They want to find a "real" car insurance company and Google is smart enough to know the difference between an ad filled website and an actual car insurance company in texas. On the other hand if car-auto-insurance-texas.com actually offered nothing but high quality content about insurance rates in texas then the site does become relevant to their users.

While it is an entire another lesson, you can actually make money from 100% ad free websites that offer nothing but high quality information. I will not go into that here because it would take an entire ebook for me to teach you how to make money from ad free sites (I know I have been doing it for many years and teaching it for many years).

Instead of trying every trick in the book to gain customers or build an income, why not just run a business like it is supposed to be run. It amazes me every day how many people try to find that push button solution and spend every waking hour looking left or right or spend every dollar they have "trying this or that".

When the entire time all they had to do was look in front of them and see they could have already had a business up and running and making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechUpdates View Post
Let's look at a specific problem! Suppose a domain is like this - offline[keyword]blog where the [keyword] can be anything like - lead marketing, auto insurance, marketing, would you consider this to be an EMD? or a PMD?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

The main topic was - how can we save an EMD.. coming back to our original purpose, let's share what we could have done if one of our domains was hit by this algorithm update.

* Resubmit the sitemap to GWT?
* Use a different link building strategy?
* Get a new domain and use 301?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

The thread has been on topic all along. Several solutions have been given but just like Google' own website you must read between the lines some times. Google actually does state on their own website exactly what they want, they always have.

My suggestion is to go out and "test" some of the solutions that have been given and see what results you get. Part of marketing is not following someone else but "testing" things to see what results "YOU" get.

If you are waiting for someone to give you an exact science solution then you may be waiting a long time. I do not say that to be rude but I am stating the truth. What works for Mary may not work for Joe and this is the reason why we "test" things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechUpdates View Post
The main topic was - how can we save an EMD.. coming back to our original purpose, let's share what we could have done if one of our domains was hit by this algorithm update.

* Resubmit the sitemap to GWT?
* Use a different link building strategy?
* Get a new domain and use 301?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum