Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 AM

GIVE ME SOME TIPS...ARTICLE WRITTING

I am a new member in odesk. I want to build carrier in article writing. RThough i am new i already completed two project in article writing. But my feed back score give is not good...
Is there anyone who can give me some tips about article writing .......

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 06:52 AM
v7n Mentor

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way so my apologies if it does but if your post above is any indication of your writing style then it's difficult to read.

Also, you misspelled your topic title so I'd suggest you work a lot more on spelling, punctuation and proper sentence structure first.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

In addition to what Alter-Ego has mentioned i have found a few threads that have some good information for you.

Daily Writing Tips

How To Write Headlines That Get Results

Please look at the other threads in this section and read the replies in them for more tips. Also there is 2 blogs that will have some helpful advice for you.

http://www.copyblogger.com/

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-writing-process/

Old 08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Contributing Member

I am not a good writer. I usually hired somebody to write articles for me. But I think it's Reading! Reading is the best way to improve your writing skills and styles. The most important thing for article writing is the meaning of your article. Your audience will dig in to find out the gold in your article if they believe there is gold in it.

To add more value, you should also understand about keywords process-how to use the right keywods in your articles that attracts SEs. Buyers do need those kinds of contents to help them get high rank in SEs.

To your success!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Banned

i will suggest you before writing any new article you must have to confirm that your article must be unique not copy.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:05 AM
RIP March 1, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health and Business View Post
I am a new member in odesk. I want to build carrier in article writing. RThough i am new i already completed two project in article writing. But my feed back score give is not good...
I'm not sure if this post is some kind of sick joke or not. But I'm not surprised your feedback scores aren't any good - your writing skills are atrocious! My advice to you is FORGET ABOUT WRITING ARTICLES. Instead, focus on polishing up your grammar and spelling skills. There's really no excuse for the spelling mistakes you've exhibited here. Haven't you ever heard of spell-check?

Regarding your poor grammar, I recommend Grammar Girl.

David Jackson

Last edited by David Jackson; 08-09-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Senior Web Developer

Maybe you could write in your own language. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities there in Bangladesh. But you definitely need to learn English to enter the global market.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned

Article writing is not just write anything just to create article. You need tor research and study the subject you want, it must be clear, simple and informative. Do not try to infringe other writings create and choose your own words and details to flow properly on its contents and create new ideas even if it is below 500 words.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Contributing Member

This may help a little, I wrote an article for Free Traffic System, and I found this quite helpful 'How to prepare and Submit Articles'
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/fts...mitArticle.pdf

Without being rude to you, first of all which has been said already, you will need to brush up on your spelling and punctuation, otherwise your articles will not be accepted.

My first article that I submitted to Ezine was not accepted, then left it a couple of months and tried again, was very surprised when they accepted me as 'Expert Author', it takes time and alot of researching to submit articles.

It will come in time, just be patient.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Banned

Be serious about writing. Choose the topic of your choice or liking. Think about the ideas you want to express before hand. Put down in the form of writing. Make some research on the topic, so that you may get more interesting information on it. Add it, use it, and make the article without mistakes of grammer and spelling etc.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

first u need good english and good study then u need practise for writing unique artical not copy any one

Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Avoid passive voice unless the client requests it.

Get rid of excess words. (Read the Elements of Style)

Read your work backwards to find errors

Read it out loud to make sure that the article flows.

I hope this helps.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health and Business View Post
First of all, Congratulations on your new career dude...
Hmm, how about researching thoroughly about your articles,
and if you need some inspirations check out this websites I'm sure they'll help you.
CopyBlogger and ProBlogger

They're not just for blogger, they also give wonderful tips and ideas for creative writers like you

Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 AM

Well since all articles need a lot contents, i find research a bit helpful. the more idea you have about a certain topic the more detailed your article is. chunks and chunks of information. but of course you must review your articles at least 2-3 times..... and find your own writing style........ =)

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web