Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM

How To Write Your First Article

Article Marketing is a great strategy for creating traffic. So, begin writing articles to submit to the different article writing sites. Here are 5 steps to writing your first article:

1) Choose a Topic - Brainstorm and research for top topics in your niche. You can do key word searchs. Make a list of top ten topics. Then choose one of the topics
2) Focus On Area of Interest Related to Chosen Topic - write down 10 questions or problems for each topic. Then chose one of the problems to write about and focus on sharing solutions to that problem.
3) Choose a Title - this is very important for search engines and for getting people to read your article. The title should be key word rich and tell of solving a problem.
4) Content - this is where you share exactly how you solve the problem you talk about in the title.
5) Resource Box - The final thing you include in your article is the section that allows you to link back to your website. Give people a direct call to action. Tell them what you want them to do.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 05:36 AM

great post and very detail suggestion. i will kept it in my head.
keep share my friend.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Banned

Thank you for the tip. I'm venturing into freelancing and honing my writing skills so this comes handy.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

I think writing a great article means direct interface to the reader. Apart from all the above mentioned tips, you may add a relation to your readers by making that article your personal experience and let readers feel that you are really saying something rather than using hard, dubious and vague words to make your article more precise and standard.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 AM

The tips are simple and straight forward and very helpful, Thanks.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 AM

I totally agree and appreciate the input ... reaching your readers is very key to article writing ... if you cannot reach your audience, nobody will want to read your article

Old 10-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

Writing for actual readers should always be your priority, cause sometimes, people will just write anything non-sense for optimization's sake

Old 12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Banned

Good points! Thank you for the tip! Making an outline always helps me.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradiprg View Post
You write your first article on the subject of your choice, which is loved by you. So it will be easy for you to write. Then read it as stranger, and you will find how to improve it. Then finalise it and publish. By going on writing you will develop the skill to write.
Reading your own work as if you were a stranger is very difficult to do. You, as the writer, already know what you meant to say and you, as the reader, will usually see exactly that.

I find it much better to ask a friend or family member to read my work and give me their impressions. A person reading the words for the first time can sometimes see things that you'd probably never notice.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Your 5 tips sound good and I am in the writing job for over two years now. I have done various article writing and submitted to various online directories for listing them. I know it is the toughest task for anyone who wants to generate steady traffic online.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
Reading your own work as if you were a stranger is very difficult to do. You, as the writer, already know what you meant to say and you, as the reader, will usually see exactly that.

I find it much better to ask a friend or family member to read my work and give me their impressions. A person reading the words for the first time can sometimes see things that you'd probably never notice.
On that note, yes, it is best to have someone read it for you. It's another thing that I don't see my spelling mistakes from time to time. If there is no one around to skim through my work (and it's an article I find important), I'll just leave it for a couple of hours and read it again. It helps to shift focus.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Banned

These are best Tips to write a article. I like it.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing these tips. I will check with my article writer if he is doing brainstorming or not before delivering articles to me.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
No Longer Active

I liked your 2nd point most. This will help me to be more objective than subjective.

Quote:
2) Focus On Area of Interest Related to Chosen Topic - write down 10 questions or problems for each topic. Then chose one of the problems to write about and focus on sharing solutions to that problem.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web