Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Contributing Member

Review: forum75.com

Creating community, http://www.forum75.com/ is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. It is a brand new web presence. Please review my online forum website.

Can you tell me exactly what you thought of the site from your perspective... thank you.

1. Does the front page make you want to click in further?

2. Are things generally where you expect them to be?

3. When you click on a link, is it what you expected to be on the next page, or not? If it's not, tell me what you see -- this is very important for me to be able to get a fresh view on how the navigation works.

4. Can you find your way around and back to the start again? Are the search facilities appropriate for the site?

5. Do you think the colors and graphics are appropriate for the site?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2015, 07:06 AM
Contributing Member

The design part, does not make me wanna click any longer in this site.
This dark red at the header also, is a little ugly.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Banned

The design could use some work, also get rid of the icons by the forum categories.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeweballey13 View Post
The design part, does not make me wanna click any longer in this site.
This dark red at the header also, is a little ugly.
What then is your suggestion to improve the 'design' of the page on my website that would 'make you wanna click' to view more? And, very importantly, what 'browser', or 'mobile device' were you using to view Forum75? And, from where your location when viewing my webpage? This can help me gather the information I need to know more about the viewability / presentation of the layout from different platforms, devices, and by location. Thanks.

Last edited by F75; 02-01-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75 View Post
What then is your suggestion to improve the 'design' of the page on my website that would 'make you wanna click' to view more?
It's more so you need to make the site attractive and approachable, first impression for visitors is everything, I MEAN EVERYTHING. If they don't like one thing they will typically close the tab and move on.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt PII View Post
It's more so you need to make the site attractive and approachable, first impression for visitors is everything, I MEAN EVERYTHING. If they don't like one thing they will typically close the tab and move on.
Hi Matt PII

Regarding the 'the icons by the forum categories', those are in place for implication of the site's focus, the theme show of the website, and to urge members to interact more in those 'forums' as it will be the main attraction of the entire website and its usability.

Now, back to 'first impression for visitors is everything', what was your first impression of the site beside the irritation of the placed icons that caught your attention, what was it that make you not to want to click to view more? I mean the website's design is one thing, but, the CONTENT on it should be considered more as the site's usefulness to its users?

Thanks for your communication and review

Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hi Matt PII

Regarding the 'the icons by the forum categories', those are in place for implication of the site's focus, the theme show of the website, and to urge members to interact more in those 'forums' as it will be the main attraction of the entire website and its usability.

Now, back to 'first impression for visitors is everything', what was your first impression of the site beside the irritation of the placed icons that caught your attention, what was it that make you not to want to click to view more? I mean the website's design is one thing, but, the CONTENT on it should be considered more as the site's usefulness to its users?

Thanks for your communication and review
Well the icons in the forum category prove to be unprofessional and immature and ultimately I would get rid of them all together. The color scheme of of the red bar on the top doesn't match the entire blue/white theme. They content is lacking a numerous amount of forum categories that you can add, nothing will be organized and it will be a mess when you start getting activity with only 7 forum categories.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Well the icons in the forum category prove to be unprofessional and immature and ultimately I would get rid of them all together. The color scheme of of the red bar on the top doesn't match the entire blue/white theme. They content is lacking a numerous amount of forum categories that you can add, nothing will be organized and it will be a mess when you start getting activity with only 7 forum categories.
Regarding 'The color scheme of the red bar on the top doesn't match the entire blue/white theme.' I have just changed it to a different color. What do you think now?

P.S.
Don't forget to press F5 to REFRESH the page to view its update, else you will still see the old layout with red color.

Last edited by F75; 02-01-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Regarding 'The color scheme of of the red bar on the top doesn't match the entire blue/white theme.' I have just changed it to a different color. What do you think now?
Much better

Looks 10x better now.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

Hi everyone

Would you please offer some suggestion(s) what is needed to make my website and its usability to engage more users activities, participate in the sharing of 'new found' knowledge, and offer to share in valuable recommendation(s) and respectful opinion. Thanks.

Quote:
Much better

Looks 10x better now.
I'm glad to was able to please you. With your approval of the new layout, what's next? Btw, thank you for your honest opinion and reviews of my website Matt PII

There are still a lot of updating of Forum75 needed to successfully launch its usability for web users.

If you are viewing my original thread requesting for a website review, please offer your opinions and share in your thoughts to make Forum75 a friendly new found online forum you would spend sometime participating in discussion that will interest you and other viewers. Many thanks...

Old 02-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up Please Review My Website

I have recently updated, and redesigned my website. Please review the new looks & feels of it. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

It's a good start you have atleast the format ready to go. I was looking for the forum but did not see one. Keep learning, Keep updating, everything that revolves around a website is always a work in progress. Cheers!

Old 02-16-2015, 03:16 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I have recently updated, and redesigned my website. Please review the new looks & feels of it. Thanks.

So You are Spamming on the name of forum????

Because while i try to click on 75forum link, it opens a new tab of online shopping site.

lol, better avoid those kind of ad or ppc.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

Your forum looks good. But does not have any topics and post. So i would suggest few things.

1. Get good moderators for your forum for each of your group topics. In return you can give permission to use the signature on your forum.

2. You could do some marketing of facebook about your forum and create viral topics on forum.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendrasurve View Post
Your forum looks good. But does not have any topics and post. So i would suggest few things.

1. Get good moderators for your forum for each of your group topics. In return you can give permission to use the signature on your forum.

2. You could do some marketing of facebook about your forum and create viral topics on forum.
It's a brand new forum friend. [self promoting content removed] Cheers..

Old 05-16-2015, 09:18 PM

too simple and not attractive

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Closed Thread