Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 11-04-2016, 02:43 AM

What Does Anchor Text Heavy Page Means ?

When I Check my Website on MOZ It Shows Spam Flags And One Of Them Says That It is Anchor text Heavy Page.

I've attached a snapshot of that Issue.

Can anyone help out how to fix this spam flag?
- My Site has no outbound do follow links.
- it contains some no follow links and amazon and eBay affiliate links.
- and rest of the links are internal only...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	18708  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 AM
Banned

Hello, Anchor Text Heavy Page Means many offsite anchor text is pointing to the target page?

And if you want to reduce it then i am sorry i didn't know how exactly to do it. But i have found one article which help you to reduce your spam score. Please refer this resource: moz(.)com/blog/spam-score-mozs-new-metric-to-measure-penalization-risk

Old 11-04-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshparmar View Post
Hello, Anchor Text Heavy Page Means many offsite anchor text is pointing to the target page?

And if you want to reduce it then i am sorry i didn't know how exactly to do it. But i have found one article which help you to reduce your spam score. Please refer this resource: moz(.)com/blog/spam-score-mozs-new-metric-to-measure-penalization-risk
Thanks for the suggestion.

one more doubt i have. that, I am Using My Focus Keyword As Alt Text Of All Single post images. is it ok or it also counted as anchor text spam flag ?

Old 11-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp_ranpariya View Post
When I Check my Website on MOZ It Shows Spam Flags And One Of Them Says That It is Anchor text Heavy Page.

I've attached a snapshot of that Issue.

Can anyone help out how to fix this spam flag?
- My Site has no outbound do follow links.
- it contains some no follow links and amazon and eBay affiliate links.
- and rest of the links are internal only...........
Apparently, your idea of "some no follow links and amazon and eBay affiliate links" and Moz's opinion of how many differ:
Quote:
•Anchor text-heavy page: Sites with a lot of anchor text are more likely to be spam then those with more content and less links.
Moz Open Site Explorer Adds Spam Analysis For Risky Links
This definition would indicate to me you do not have enough text on the page tested. i.e. you have way more links than content

If your intent is to build a revenue site using affiliate links then you are going to have to put in more effort into actually writing your own content. Depending on what products you are marketing, there could be millions of other sites promoting the same product(s) and the one with the more unique content is going to rank naturally in the SERPs.

Based on your next question:
Quote:
one more doubt i have. that, I am Using My Focus Keyword As Alt Text Of All Single post images. is it ok or it also counted as anchor text spam flag ?
I am not sure you understand what anchor text is.
Quote:
Anchor Text is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink. In modern browsers, it is often blue and underlined
Anchor Text - Moz

The alt text (alternative text) for your images should describe the image. What you are describing is keyword stuffing which is not good.
Quote:
...Use the image alt attribute the way it was meant to be used, to provide useful information to your website visitors no matter how they access your website.

Remember that the correct way to refer to the alternate text provided for an image is referred to as the image alt attribute, not image alt tag.

As pointed out above, your alt attribute text can contain keywords as part of your on page SEO program but also make sure that the description is useful to those who cannot see the image....
Image Alt Tag – Image Alt Attribute

Old 11-05-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
The alt text (alternative text) for your images should describe the image. What you are describing is keyword stuffing which is not good.
Thanks a lot for this suggestion. it saved me to fall in very big keyword stuffing mistakes. and one more thing i need to ask is, is there any way to make that affiliate links ignored by crawlers? like we are using Rel=nofollow is there any code to say crawler not to consider that link anywhere????

Old 11-05-2016, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
...one more thing i need to ask is, is there any way to make that affiliate links ignored by crawlers? like we are using Rel=nofollow is there any code to say crawler not to consider that link anywhere????
If you are asking this because of your too many links note from Moz, no, you still would have too many links in comparison to actual text I would think.

Some affiliate marketers cloak their links (Cloaking Affiliate Links in WordPress: A Detailed Guide - there are methods explained that would work for other sites in that article) for other reasons but we should wait for Snakeair (or a more experienced affiliate marketer) to chime in on that idea.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
If you are asking this because of your too many links note from Moz, no, you still would have too many links in comparison to actual text I would think.

Some affiliate marketers cloak their links (www(.)brainsins.com/en/blog/cloaking-affiliate-links-in-wordpress-a-detailed-guide/3917"]Cloaking Affiliate Links in WordPress: A Detailed Guide - there are methods explained that would work for other sites in that article) for other reasons but we should wait for Snakeair (or a more experienced affiliate marketer) to chime in on that idea.

Thanks for making me aware with this Cloaking things. after that i was searching more about this topic. and i found an article by Harsh Agrawal of Shout Me Loud he said in his article that

"Additionally I recommend you to add the affiliate URL trigger in your robots.txt as disallow.

For example, my URL trigger for my affiliate links are /recommended/ and in my WordPress robots.txt file, I have following lines:

User-agent: *
Disallow: /recommended/ "

but if i use "link" word as prefix i can write

Disallow: /link/

Right?

And if i directly disallow such link from my robot.txt than do i need to make those links no follow too?

please find the material below what i've referred.
www(.)shoutmeloud.com/google-affiliate-links-seo.html

He gave so many suggestions which is a bit confusing.

and one more plugin i found is,
wordpress(.)org/plugins/outbound-link-manager/
it has an option to keep a specific domain to black list and it will make all outbound links to that domain no-follow at once.

So if you can, please help me to be clear that, which way would be time saving for me?

Old 11-10-2016, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Anchor text should be distributed in a safe way to avoid google penalties. A minimum of 50% should be brand specific i.e. you own w*w.loadsamoney.com and you are targeting keywords 'make money fast' and 'quick cash'. The 50% should be url links and similar e.g loadsamoney, w*w.loadsamoney.com etc. If you have been warned about over optimised anchors (anchor heavy page) then the links are equivalent to the following. Quick cash, make money fast, earn money online etc. Keyword rich anchor text should be kept to the absolute minimum. How often would you link to a home peg and use the sites exact keywords that can be found in meta tags etc?

Please note all the websites are made up for examples sake, hence my editing using *.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member

I think you should try to fully optimize your anchor text for both internal linking and external linking. because if you will over do it than google will surely slap you. one another thing you can do and that is you should try to make some generic anchor text. it will surely gives you some help.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:02 AM
Contributing Member

I use this ratio

Branded Anchor text: 50%
Unique/Other anchor text: 20%
Naked link anchor: 15%
Brand + keyword anchor: 5%
Partial match anchor text: 5%
Genric anchor text: 1-5%
Long tail anchor text: 2-4%
Exact Match Anchors: Less Than 1%

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum