Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 01-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Site's ranking just dropped

One of our site's is producing unique and useful content as it gets to its users.

The site has published almost 50 articles as of date.

And it has done no link building so far. Maybe posted in a few forums in the form of signatures. But as you guys know they don't provide any real value.

Due to the social media presence and updates given about the site's articles. The site has about 20 quality backlinks each with great anchor texts and they are provided from well knowned sites in its niche. The site's traffic is almost the same every time of the year. It may fall in summer a bit but that's it(lets say from 100uv to 80uv).

Now after 2nd January. The site's ranking has fell in a significant amount. Its now say from 100uv to 10uv. Its not that its competitors have updated with unique and great content. Nor, it has gained any odd backlinks that can decay its rank. So, Anybody any suggestions about this?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
One of our site's is producing unique and useful content as it gets to its users.

The site has published almost 50 articles as of date.

And it has done no link building so far. Maybe posted in a few forums in the form of signatures. But as you guys know they don't provide any real value.

Due to the social media presence and updates given about the site's articles. The site has about 20 quality backlinks each with great anchor texts and they are provided from well knowned sites in its niche. The site's traffic is almost the same every time of the year. It may fall in summer a bit but that's it(lets say from 100uv to 80uv).

Now after 2nd January. The site's ranking has fell in a significant amount. Its now say from 100uv to 10uv. Its not that its competitors have updated with unique and great content. Nor, it has gained any odd backlinks that can decay its rank. So, Anybody any suggestions about this?
Where do those site pages rank right now? If they've fallen from page 1 to page 2 or 3 (as an example), the views will certainly be reduced.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

They were ranking consistently on the first page. At the second, third or even on the fourth position. But now they are on the second page's last or third page's first position. This is for most of the articles.

And the 5 or 6 articles which were at the top, now they are on the second page or third page.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

I've found a lot of movement on some of our keys over the last few weeks. Mostly the index page ranking for some keys have dropped to page 2 or 3, but the inside pages for those keys have appeared in ranking data, are now ranking in the top 5, so I don't know what's going on.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:54 AM

It mean Google update ?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I've found a lot of movement on some of our keys over the last few weeks. Mostly the index page ranking for some keys have dropped to page 2 or 3, but the inside pages for those keys have appeared in ranking data, are now ranking in the top 5, so I don't know what's going on.
Index pages or homepages falling in rank and inner pages ranking well it isn't a new thing. We have been experiencing it since quite a few months for many sites.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Index pages or homepages falling in rank and inner pages ranking well it isn't a new thing. We have been experiencing it since quite a few months for many sites.
It's a new thing for us.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 AM

There are a lot of fluctuation in the ranking and SERP recently. Even some prominent sites are hammered by Google. The sites which gained high ranking with Scholarship links to .edu sites were punished manually. Though they recovered by removing those backlinks.
Always Guest posting is the best option to get backlinks.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinggearlab View Post
There are a lot of fluctuation in the ranking and SERP recently.
Oh really. And what do you attribute this to?

Quote:
Even some prominent sites are hammered by Google.
Which sites are these?

Quote:
Always Guest posting is the best option to get backlinks.
Really? So, can you tell us why Google has devalued said types of links?

Old 01-08-2018, 01:36 PM

@LMD, Whatever hurdles I face on my path, I continue my hard work. Constantly trying to generate good content is my way of working.
No doubt, as everyone knows in the SEO world, one was 10beasts. By withdrawing the scholarship links, Mr. Luqman helped the buyer of this site to overcome the manual penalty.
I told in my opinion, guest posting is the best option. I think @LMD please explain your overview on Google devaluation. You are the great expert, I came to this platform for learning from you.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

Can I see one of the articles ?

Old 01-08-2018, 01:43 PM

I hope we are not supposed to post the affiliate link on this platform. I just explained my way of working, as you have asked.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

No self promotion is not allowed but in order to help the OP I ask to see the text of 1 article. The OP is more than welcome to PM me this if he chooses to do so.

Quote:
I hope we are not supposed to post the affiliate link on this platform. I just explained my way of working, as you have asked.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I told in my opinion, guest posting is the best option.
Who told you guest posting was "the best option"??

Quote:
I think @LMD please explain your overview on Google devaluation. You are the great expert, I came to this platform for learning from you.
Even if I were an "expert" (which I've never professed to be), I hate that term. With your hard work, I believe you have it in you to be able to search this out on your own.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry, but I can't share.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

Understood... Nothing I can do without seeing the text so it can be graded because that is exactly what Google does, it grades content.

Quote:
Sorry, but I can't share.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member

Either any updates in the algorithm, as well as less modification in several time of period. Sometimes prime site rank also affects the ranking of inner pages due to internal linking. Try to resolve fresh errors or warnings of your prime website, might improve your ranking and get back on first page.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david21 View Post
Either any updates in the algorithm, as well as less modification in several time of period. Sometimes prime site rank also affects the ranking of inner pages due to internal linking. Try to resolve fresh errors or warnings of your prime website, might improve your ranking and get back on first page.
This is absolute rubbish.

Firstly, there have been lots of recent updates that may have caused issues.

Secondly, you are diagnosing the body without any evidence.

Thirdly, (and this is the most scary part) someone might actually think you know something about the issue at hand and just might follow some of your time-wasting advice (and I use that term very loosely).

Old 01-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
This is absolute rubbish.

Firstly, there have been lots of recent updates that may have caused issues.

Secondly, you are diagnosing the body without any evidence.

Thirdly, (and this is the most scary part) someone might actually think you know something about the issue at hand and just might follow some of your time-wasting advice (and I use that term very loosely).
Frankly I just got lost after 'the ranking of inner pages due to internal linking'.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Frankly I just got lost after 'the ranking of inner pages due to internal linking'.
<rant>

It's kind of a sad state of affairs when just about anyone can post anything they want in fine forums like this one, regardless if they know anything about SEO or not. The scary part is that most of what is posted by the uninformed, can cause undue stress and damage to the sites and businesses of those that unknowingly think what the "uninformed" are flogging, is good info, when in fact, most of it is just plain trash.

</rant>

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum