Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #61  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
you didn't outright call me a liar
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
but you did emply that I was lying.
Incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
I state a fact, you don't believe it.
I chose to not believe that what caused the pass-out was mariuana, not the fact that you passed out, or even that you believed mariuana is what caused it. That is mine and everyone's perogative, to believe or disbelieve other's reasoning as factual, and in no way insinuates that you are lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
That tells me that you believe that it's not a true statement, so you believe I am lying.
But it doesn't tell you that anymore though, I hope. And no, I did not "believe you were lying". I believed that you were incorrect as to what actually caused the pass-out. My perogative, accusation-free.







Last edited by Atom; 07-03-2006 at 10:23 AM.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #62  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
BTW, Juggo, I've heard that argument before and I actually think that it was in one of your posts .. can't remember for sure, but, it's pretty amusing.
 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I was a cofeeshop owner in Amsterdam for more than 20 years and I have seen a few people pass out but the circomstances were always the same: It was always one of the first few times those people smoked, and it was always in combination with alcohol (and tobacco).
 
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well I now know it's possible, but I have observed a hella lotta people smoking and not one passed out from it. That would have freaked me right out if one had. lol
 
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It can only happen with people when they smoke their first few times, as soon as someone is familiar with the feeling I have never seen it happen, and believe me that I have seen more people use weed than most people.
 
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 PM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
it was my first time really around it. The car windows were up. When I woke up (laughing) I couldn't even see the road. We were doing about a buck 20 on the freeway and the driver was like "oh, I guess I should crack the window... you getting high?"... I just kept laughing.

I was 15 maybe, weighed maybe 170 pounds wet... and this guy was a heavy smoker.

@atom. i understand your point now. thanks for explaining.
 
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Juggo, were you smoking tobacco and/or drinking alcohol that day too?
 
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
nope. neither.
 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thanks, usually when that happens there is tobacco and/or alcohol involved in my experience but the fact that it was your first time explains it, it's nothing to worry about and to be honest I nearly passed out with one of my first times I used cannabis too, but I had also drunk alcohol. I didn't pass out but had to sit down outside in fresh air for a while.

When I had the coffeeshop we had people nearly faint on many occasions, tourists mostly, who smoke for the first time and what helps practically inmediately is some sugar. As soon as someone who gets kind of unwell because of smoking for the first time takes some sugar they start to feel better right away.

This is a tip for anyone who wants to try weed, when you feel that you pass out or can't handle it all it takes is a glas of water with a few spoons of sugar to get rid of the effects.
 
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
... @atom. i understand your point now. thanks for explaining.
Good deal. Y/W my friend.
 
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The only time I ever got sick was as a teen hitting a bong that was laced with other drugs. I didn't know it at the time... I puked my guts out later that night. I found out later that it wasn't the weed, but the other drugs.

I don't do any type of drugs these days... it's been many years actually. but I will agree that the first time I got high was the only time I passed out.

I just wanted to state the fact that it does happen.

Just like I got chicken pox twice. That's true too.
 
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
Thanks, usually when that happens there is tobacco and/or alcohol involved in my experience but the fact that it was your first time explains it, it's nothing to worry about and to be honest I nearly passed out with one of my first times I used cannabis too, but I had also drunk alcohol. I didn't pass out but had to sit down outside in fresh air for a while.

When I had the coffeeshop we had people nearly faint on many occasions, tourists mostly, who smoke for the first time and what helps practically inmediately is some sugar. As soon as someone who gets kind of unwell because of smoking for the first time takes some sugar they start to feel better right away.

This is a tip for anyone who wants to try weed, when you feel that you pass out or can't handle it all it takes is a glas of water with a few spoons of sugar to get rid of the effects.
Huh. Interesting, Ferre. You all must have some pretty good stuff over there. lol
 
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
We do, and those weed-tourists are funny sometimes. They are not used to be able to go into a shop and have the possibility to purchase all those different kinds of weed and hash, all top quality, and they buy a few different variaties and try them all in very little time and than they wonder why they pass out. Usually they are with a small group of friends and not one of them wants to admit before the others that they are not experienced so they all smoke too much. Like with everything, too much is simply too much.

Myself, I actually don't smoke that much weed, I use small sigarette papers (not the big ones for joints) and only smoke a few of them during the whole day, that is when I smoke, I also sometimes don't use any weed for weeks, I sport a lot and train my kids, I teach them Jui Jutsu and tae kwon do and we have a very healthy lifestyle in general. I also only eat natural food products and avoid every single additive like colorants and artificial flavourings and such in our food.

I find it pathetic to see what miserable condition most people are in, I can outrun most guys that are twenty years younger than me and that's not because I'm superman, it's because most people are in a miserable physical shape and in general they think they are sportive when they blow up their muscles (with the help from steroids) in a gym.


Last edited by Ferre; 07-03-2006 at 04:11 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
TCH is a wonderful drug in every sense of the word.



What kind of monster have we become in the last 100 years to deny this fact? People going mad from smoking mariuana is how it started, remember, back in the early 1900's?

We have been duped, my fellow Americans.
 
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
When it comes to weed if you are a first timer yes it can make you pass out or if you combine it with alcohol it can definitely boost the buzz for sure.

There is a guy here in the outskirts of Ottawa that is on medical Marijuana who actually won in court when they tried to say that he was intoxicated.

He DID prove that he is a more cautious driver and a slower driver when he is under the influence of pot.

Don’t get me wrong it’s really not good to drive on any substance. All I know is weed will never send you spinning or blur your vision to the point where you will cause an accident UNLESS if it’s the first time you’ve ever smoked it.

Also all this crap about how weed has made people crazy etc that’s a load of BS. There are always a million other variables that people are not aware of as to what has caused these things to happen.

Someone who has gone crazy and killed a bunch of people didn’t do it because of weed use lol they did it because they had a terrible upbringing or because they were bullied in school or their entire lives or because they have a chemical imbalance.

I think people are too quick to blame issues on weed use. On top of it it's usually those who have never smoked a joint or only smoked once or twice making these accusations.

Marijuana is definitely not as bad as Alcohol or Cigarettes.

Is a serial killer a serial killer because he/she smokes weed or because they are just completely f**ked right up from the start?
 
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I have emphysema, and mariuana is a miraculous med for this and many types of other ailments. For anyone who doesn't believe me, just wait until you need it, and pray it's not still illegal. . We could probably do away with half the damn over-the-counter stuff in pharmacies if it were legalized. But that would cut into big pharma revenues.
 
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yep kinda like the fact that they have cars that can run on water right now but won't release them because the industry cant handle the loss lol

By the way I spoke about this the other day in another thread. How come the threads I post to dont ALL get added to my subscribed list automatically?

This one isnt there.

Do I have to post twice maybe before its added?

I'll check my UserCP right after this post to see if its been added

edit: I checked and its not in my subscribed threads list. I also logged right out of the site and logged back in and it's still not added

Just thought I'd ask why.
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
...By the way I spoke about this the other day in another thread. How come the threads I post to dont ALL get added to my subscribed list automatically?

This one isnt there.

Do I have to post twice maybe before its added?

I'll check my UserCP right after this post to see if its been added

edit: I checked and its not in my subscribed threads list. I also logged right out of the site and logged back in and it's still not added

Just thought I'd ask why.
Geez I don't know, Dan. I know the problem exists as others have complained and happens to me as well, but I guess I've just been ignoring it. I also find that occasionally I have to re-subscribe to threads that I'm sure I subscribed to already.
 
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I guess I should just subscribe to it manually eh instead of complaining lol

Ok no more complaining from me
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chicken Pox Sabeur Forum Lobby 9 02-27-2007 07:46 AM
My chicken South Graphic Design Forum 8 12-09-2004 08:46 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC