Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Contextual Networks Focuses on discussions concerning contextual ad network programs.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Media.net - Anyone Using?

Anyone using Media.net as a publisher or even as a advertiser?

Any feedback or tips?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

I used them briefly (literally a day or two), but then sold out that ad space privately.

Rates were ok (not that I gave them much of a chance to be honest), but the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Contributing Member

I use them for my local website.
Their tools are very powerful and, if your website is very local, you can earn between 20-30% more than Adsense.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 AM

I've been using Media.net for some time and I think it's a good alternative and infact good addition to Adsense since you can implement them together. You'll have a rep who should design a nice looking creative for your website that will blend with the L&F of your site.

On performance, I found out that it sometimes outperforms Adsense on my niche site. But the caveat is, the Ads has to be above the fold to perform since it will look more like our navbar.

I just think they need a little more work to make their portal more user friendly.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

We tried about 10 advertising companies including media.net. Bidvertiser , adbrite, chitika and more. None of these come anywhere close to what Adsense pays. The second best one was Adbrite, but it was less than half of what Adsense pays. I very disagree with the comment "Their tools are very powerful and, if your website is very local, you can earn between 20-30% more than Adsense. " made earlier. I would say the commenter does not have a proof for this for sure.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Contributing Member

* bump *

No point starting a new thread when this one is exactly on the topic at hand. I was recently approached by a rep from media.net about publishing their ads on one of my sites.

The rep claims that their ads can be run alongside AdSense (maybe it's OK for them, but is it OK with Google?). Anyone know if this is true? It's been a long time since I read the AdSense TOS, but I thought publishing competing contextual ads was a no-no. Did Google change that policy? Because, if so, it might be worth testing alongside my existing ads to see if the CPC is better.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the useful feedback.

Everyone is looking for a decent alternative to the dominant Adsense, but, based on the feedback in this thread, it looks like media.net is not it

Old 10-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
* bump *

No point starting a new thread when this one is exactly on the topic at hand. I was recently approached by a rep from media.net about publishing their ads on one of my sites.

The rep claims that their ads can be run alongside AdSense (maybe it's OK for them, but is it OK with Google?). Anyone know if this is true? It's been a long time since I read the AdSense TOS, but I thought publishing competing contextual ads was a no-no. Did Google change that policy? Because, if so, it might be worth testing alongside my existing ads to see if the CPC is better.
I've been running media.net on some of my sites together with adsense. No issues to date.

Here's a link to Google which covers the use of Adsense with other providers:
https://support.google.com/adsense/a...with_other_ads

Old 10-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Thanks for the link Andy. I have not used Media.net since Feb of 2012 when I was testing it out.

I am add one small block to my blog this weekend. Will have to think about where to put it though.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post

Any feedback or tips?
I used media but I still prefer selling banner ads from my website. It's easy to get revenue without waiting till end of months.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTommy View Post
I used media but I still prefer selling banner ads from my website. It's easy to get revenue without waiting till end of months.
Hi, iTommy, where do you sell your banners ? What are the rates??

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post

Any feedback or tips?
I have been hearing about them since more than a year and people are telling it's really good. I have personally talked with a few of the bloggers who were using Media.net and they all were praising them. The CTR is really good. And, it would be best if used along with Adsense.

Last edited by snakeair; 06-19-2014 at 06:04 AM. Reason: merged posts - use multi-quote feature

Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Contributing Member

i am using media.net on my site and it seems it gives me almost same as adsense revenue.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

not as good as adsense at all, but i will say that every now and then i had a click that generated 12-$18 at times which is something you never see with adsense (in most industries) I haven't used it for a about a year now

by the way, i was contacted about their new rich media ads format... im expecting this to increase revenue, more competition

Last edited by snakeair; 07-24-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Closed Thread