Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

How to optimize page speed? ( Eliminate Rendering JS )

Hello Webmasters, I have recently started blogging and have written about 18 articles on how to tutorials.

When I checked my page speed on Google Pagespeed Insights it doesn't a good quality score 75/100 for mobile. I have fixed some optimization. But I haven't found a way to eliminate Render blocking javascript.

Google suggests using defer and async tag for your javascript file. I think I need to add defer attribute inside <link> tag but not sure.

But I don't know how to do this in Wordpress. Where do I need to add defer tag whether in function.php or header.php file?

Ex- Optimization says remove render blocking JS for howtoarticle. in/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?x82088&ver=1.12.4

How do I locate this file? Please give a solution with complete steps.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2017, 02:06 AM
Contributing Member

not sure how well this will work for you with wordpress, but for me i have found putting javascript to load at the bottom of the footer solved this issue for me. can you do that in wordpress? been a while since i've had a play around with the code

Old 09-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowtoGuide View Post
Hello Webmasters, I have recently started blogging and have written about 18 articles on how to tutorials.

When I checked my page speed on Google Pagespeed Insights it doesn't a good quality score 75/100 for mobile. I have fixed some optimization. But I haven't found a way to eliminate Render blocking javascript.

Google suggests using defer and async tag for your javascript file. I think I need to add defer attribute inside <link> tag but not sure.

But I don't know how to do this in Wordpress. Where do I need to add defer tag whether in function.php or header.php file?

Ex- Optimization says remove render blocking JS for howtoarticle. in/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?x82088&ver=1.12.4

How do I locate this file? Please give a solution with complete steps.
May be you should allow bots to crawl you js through adding allow code in the robots.txt file. Hope this will work.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Banned

File can be located by opening cPanel. Open public_html folder and definitely you will see search bar somewhere on your screen corners. Paste this file name and search. You will get the result. Just navigate to this location.

Also keep in mind, It totally depends upon your theme. If the JS which you are calling in starting contains the code to give more style and look to your page, then you can't put in footer.
Just to score 100/100 should not be your prime priority but also think from user perspective that if network is slow and your JS containing many style codes load at last, then your user will not get the User Experience up to the mark what it should get.
Check first, if putting your JS call at footer doesn't hampers User Interface, then go ahead, otherwise leave it as it is. 75/100 is pretty good score.

For an instance, as of now, BBC scores 53/100 on mobiles.
Do you think that this big company is fool? No. They give priority to user experience instead of getting top score from Google which is not going to give any "High page speed award goes to BBC"

Last edited by apoorvsukumar; 09-20-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

Nothing to do actually, you just check website speed in some SEO tools or else check in google web speed testing tool from there what needs to be optimized to increase your website speed clearly mentioned just follow that with help of Developers.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread