Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Google seo question relating to index sitemap?

Will Google index all my backlinks after my site is indexed completely, i have got about 800 backlinks from working very hard on seo but wondering whether google will index them after indexing my new site?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Administrator

I think you are a bit mixed up with terminology and how the process works.

Google indexes a site's pages. It and the other search engines/directories have spiders (bots) that go around the net looking for new sites, new pages on existing sites and updated pages on the sites they already know about.

What you need is for Google to find the pages where you have your backlinks so it's bot will follow your link on that site to your site thus discovering the page on your site. If these are existing pages then you have to wait for the search bot to come back to the page and find the new content. How often the bots come back to existing pages depends on how often the site is updated.

If you have an HTML site map and/or really good consistant navigation on your site (i.e. same main navigation on each and every page) then this will help all the search bots find the rest of your pages resulting in the whole site being indexed eventually.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason830 View Post
Will Google index all my backlinks after my site is indexed completely, i have got about 800 backlinks from working very hard on seo but wondering whether google will index them after indexing my new site?
I think not all may be google index only do-follow backlinks and leave no-follow links.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Indexing of your site and Indexing of back links is altogether a different thing. Search engines will not crawl both the things simultaneously.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason830 View Post
About indexing of back links: Google follows same process in indexing every websites and links that website has, if your backlink on the other websites is at some prominent place link in footer or in navigation.

If your link is on some new web page or very deep page then it will take time in indexing same link.

Also new website indexing is different process then back links, if Google continually indexing your website then their is no problem in indexing new design of your website.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

Backlink has nothing to do with your web page indexing. If you are throwing you backlinks on popular websites which frequently get crawled, your backlinks may get crawled faster than your webpages.

Its all about discovery of your backlinks and webpages by the crawler.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:16 AM

I have heard a lot of things about indexing, i was wondering if there is a link to a good piece of content, will that be indexed with different priority then the one with bad quality. For the first time.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Banned

A lot of the ideas mentioned above are pretty much on point.I would love to see the answer to the above question,well the "noindex" means do not index that page. "follow" means that the links on the page should be crawled as normal.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

it'd be the other way around. they'd index your site after they find a backlink to your website. o.o

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread