Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
But they'll sure as hell kill Christians from/in other countries.
Hey, we're Americans. We don't discriminate. We kill everybody!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Community Builder

this was/is horrible
thinking of the family's

Old 11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Farlow View Post
Yes, John, if they share the ideology of the enemy.

But I haven't seen too many U.S. Christians intent upon killing other U.S. Christians because of their beliefs.
I haven't seen many Muslims who kill Christians because of their belief. But if we are to weed out Muslims from the armed forces, and do racial profiling, how far do we look into the family. Perhaps we could just start at the top and anyone with a Muslim background, say with Hussein as a name. Gosh just lost the Commander In Chief.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:25 PM
v7n Mentor

I hate it when posts mysteriously disappear and I dont know why, so I'll toss in an explanation. There was a post in this spot that was removed not over factual accuracy or inaccuracy, but because it wouldve provided bait for the sorta trolls that inhabit the P&R sections of some other venues some of us occasionally inhabit.

I can think of at least one forum I visit regularly that has a forum just like this one... but theirs is basically an unmoderated cesspool where almost every other thread starts with a post condemning all members of a religion (Jews, Christians, Muslims, pick one). Every thread contains the same people saying the same tired thing over and over. There is no room for reason because the loonies are everywhere.

One thing that stands out about V7 is the general decorum with which members treat each other. Even when disagreeing, I dont see people going for the jugular. The people here are really in the web business and are just kicking back in some spare moments.

If we put the bait out there, the ones we'd attract would NOT have your decorum. I'm talking about trolls that in some cases are not even associated with webwork, they just like forums where flames are allowed. Cricket is as-we-speak agonizing over a guideline to cover this... but in the interim I thought I'd take a shot at just explaining the reason and asking those present to remember that some forms of post are just the textual equivalent of leaving french fries in a pile on the floor. Lets discuss among ourselves without leaving bait for forum vermin.

We CAN post about controversial matters, but we must draw the line ourselves and self-moderate to a degree because it does us no good to split a forum along religious lines.

Last edited by robjones; 11-12-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

My two cents on the death penalty
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...asan-fort-hood

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues