Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranter View Post
Then again, you can try to tie these two together.
I would love to see you to do that
Ummm, because the electoral college operates by compiling votes from individual states, and Acorn commits voter fraud in those states.

I don't need a link to how the electoral college works. It's the system I vote in every term. Clearly your having some issues understanding it.

You don't need anyone to explain to you how voting fraud can alter the outcome of a voting process. You figured out how to turn your computer on, and the answer to your question is at least as obvious as an "on" button, so I have to guess you already know, you're just agitating the conversation.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
I hope not at the same time in the same election
Actually ranter, yes the same election on the same date. You seen here in NY when we vote we are voting for the President and Vice President, and also there elections for Assemblymen, Senate races, Congressional races and local town races, as well as Town Justices, Local School Boards and County Clerks and more.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

One thing is certainly clear...

When a dead goldfish can vote, there are issues that need to be addressed.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Ummm, because the electoral college operates by compiling votes from individual states, and Acorn commits voter fraud in those states.

I don't need a link to how the electoral college works. It's the system I vote in every term. Clearly your having some issues understanding it.
Ok, let me try it this way.
Fraud may occur only after the same person cast his vote for the second time, which in reality is very unlikely to happen because of checks and balances that incorporated in voting process itself.

Mickey Mouse can be on every list in America but he will have only one chance to vote given he has proper ID to prove to officials that he is Mickey Mouse.

Are you with me on this subject?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Fraud may occur only after the same person cast his vote for the second time, which in reality is very unlikely to happen because of checks and balances that incorporated in voting process itself.
Please give reference to the specific checks and balances which you're citing as capable of doing that.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

South

I have better idea: why don't you prove me wrong instead?

It will give you something to do, lets say for the next 20 - 30 years, depending on how old you are now.

You can start now

Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
South

I have better idea: why don't you prove me wrong instead?

It will give you something to do, lets say for the next 20 - 30 years, depending on how old you are now.

You can start now
You made an assertion. I'm simply asking you to state the facts of your reasoning. It should be easy.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
You made an assertion. I'm simply asking you to state the facts of your reasoning. It should be easy.
Are you questioning your electoral system?
If you perplexed if you can trust your country and how itís run, I can understand that.

Oh BTW, can you play chess?
Do you know what checkmate means?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Are you questioning your electoral system?
If you perplexed if you can trust your country and how it’s run, I can understand that.

Oh BTW, can you play chess?
Do you know what checkmate means?
I understand my electoral system quite well. Still waiting for you to state the facts of your reasoning.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
You're joking. I can tell.

You do realize that in many (maybe even most) places in the U.S. all you have to do is walk up to the poll, state your name, and they let you vote? No ID, no proof of who you are. This has changed over the last few years in some places because so much voter fraud was going on, but it still exists in many places.

ACORN and groups like them fight very hard whenever there are laws proposed to require people to show ID's when they vote. It's racist, they claim. Minorities can't afford to get ID's or whatever, blah, blah, blah.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by intech View Post
You do realize that in many (maybe even most) places in the U.S. all you have to do is walk up to the poll, state your name, and they let you vote? No ID, no proof of who you are.
He doesn't have a clue. That's why I asked him for the sources I knew he couldn't provide. He too can learn, but first he has to realize he's wrong.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by intech View Post
You do realize that in many (maybe even most) places in the U.S. all you have to do is walk up to the poll, state your name, and they let you vote? No ID, no proof of who you are. This has changed over the last few years in some places because so much voter fraud was going on, but it still exists in many places.
Do you realize what you just said?
I can’t believe you called your country a BANANA REPUBLIC
and you South seem to me agreed with him.

You two guys definitely have very low opinion about your electoral system, ill views on your institutions functioning and constitutional processes, honesty of your own people and on top of that cynicism about validity of your elected officials.

Congratulations, you guys live in one of the best Banana Republics in the World

P.S. South, I made $100.00 bet on what you are going to say.
Please body, don’t let me down

Old 10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
P.S. South, I made $100.00 bet on what you are going to say.
Please body, donít let me down
No you didn't. Still no answer?

Old 10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
No you didn't. Still no answer?
Oh yes I did... thanks man, drink on me.

Hey South, you remind me the guy who was bragging to his girlfriend:
You know, I would kill that guy if he could ever keep up with me and
have had catch me

Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Oh yes I did... thanks man, drink on me.

Hey South, you remind me the guy who was bragging to his girlfriend:
You know, I would kill that guy if he could ever keep up with me and
have had catch me
While all that's very cute and while it does fill in space and sound argumentative without having to actually come up with an answer, it still leaves you making comments you can't deliver a foundation for. Not good for your credibility in a place like this.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
While all that's very cute and while it does fill in space and sound argumentative without having to actually come up with an answer, it still leaves you making comments you can't deliver a foundation for. Not good for your credibility in a place like this.
Come on man, I am playing by debate rules and you know that.

I placed an argument and itís up to you to prove me wrong, that is if you can.
Now, because you cannot come with counterargument, youíre trying to get away by using the oldest trick in the book- prove it to me. Trust me it wonít work, at least not on me

Debate on this subject will be continued only if you will prove me wrong and I submit to defeat but if you canít, I will graciously and with great respect accept your surrender and you will get all the credibility you deserved as intelligent debater who played by the rules.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM

So, you're looking for proof that there isn't a requirement for ID to vote?

You can take the registration form home with you and send it in. Then all you have to do is walk up to the polling station, state your name, they look it up on a list. If you're on the list you vote.

In Nevada if you don't have an ID to register, you can provide an electric bill, a lease, a library card. Basically anything with your name on it.

Illegal aliens pay electric bills, felons have library cards, both not allowed to vote, but no one is able to check.

There have been many attempts in several states to pass laws that require a photo id to vote. It usually gets shot down by the stupid argument that you shouldn't disenfranchise people that don't have id.

It's a system asking to be corrupted, but every time someone wants to fix it, ancient history is brought up and they're accused of making some sort of poll tax or worse of being racist because only the poor and downtrodden don't have ID and the argument is those are usually people of color.

If you're looking for links that prove all that. I've lived it and I don't have the time to google history and send you the links.

How about proving that you actually need ID to vote, instead of just assuming it's common sense? Which it is and should be and most of us wish it were, but it's not. And just because it says you need ID, in most places ID is very loosely defined.

Last edited by PeterNickel; 10-22-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:00 PM

Here you go: http://secretaryofstate.biz/election...gistration.asp
http://www.eac.gov/files/voter/nvra_update.pdf

Quote:
First Time Voters Who Register by Mail
If you are registering to vote for the first time in your jurisdiction and are mailing this registration application, Federal law requires you to show proof of identification the first time you vote. Proof of identification includes:

A current and valid photo identification OR A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.
After you're registered, you just walk up, state your name.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues