Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM

How much should we charge for ads on ecofirms.org - pr5 - 500-800 visitors daily?

hi, we're thinking about removing google adwords and start selling advertising space.

How much should we charge for small side banner ads on the home page and all the other pages (1000s). Would text ads be better in terms of revenue? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubarta View Post
hi, we're thinking about removing google adwords and start selling advertising space.

How much should we charge for small side banner ads on the home page and all the other pages (1000s). Would text ads be better in terms of revenue? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help
The price really depends on your own views on how much that ad spot is worth.

Was you using adwords to promote your site or using adsense on your website? If you was using adsense on your website, check out your earning stat's for each ad block you had if you created adsense channels for each of them. Perhaps figure out a price from the earnings each month for each ad block.

Since your site get's a lot of traffic you should have NO problem getting approved on this website to sell advertising space. http://buysellads.com/

Old 03-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

It depends on the size of the ad. While there isn't really a "right" or "wrong" answer here, considering the popularity of the site you should get at the very least $200 per month minimum for one ad. In the end it comes down to what the advertisers are willing to pay.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:38 AM

I think you can charge anywhere between 50$ and 100$/month for a small advert.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:42 AM

I'd be careful selling adds on your site, it may conflict with the new Google Panda update: http://searchengineland.com/lessons-...building-67838

Last edited by robwebby; 04-01-2011 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Grammer mistake.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by once janister View Post
It depends on the size of the ad. While there isn't really a "right" or "wrong" answer here, considering the popularity of the site you should get at the very least $200 per month minimum for one ad. In the end it comes down to what the advertisers are willing to pay.
agree. but u may try to convinced him that he will get the largest profit from minimum pay then can u receive a ideal ad fee.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Contributing Member

The traffic of this site is not high and i think its better that you start with $150 per month and then decide on future prices. Because its possible that people don't advertise on it even with this price.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highseo View Post
The traffic of this site is not high and i think its better that you start with $150 per month and then decide on future prices. Because its possible that people don't advertise on it even with this price.
Im having about the same traffic and using google ads but CTR is terrible. I would rather show spesific ads such as web hosting related but google's system does not let me do so. Im tired of that.

For last month google stas showed 23K page impressions for their 720*90 banner ads. Would you pay $150/mo for that amount? Of course it would mean business to you.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

The ad space depends on how much you think its worth. I'd charge as little as possible, and then once you have regular advertisers you can gradually increase the price.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Just to add if your advertisers have had success advertising on your website as in clicks turn into converts, asking a little more money for that slot will go well.

Like Cheese mentioned, start out small and slowly raise the price as your monthly traffic/PR increase's. Don't get to greedy or you may scare off the advertiser's.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue