Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM

Huge hits... little profits. Need help

I have a website that's only been up for 6 months months and currently receives 700k hits a month with 400k unique and those numbers grow by 10-20% a month. This is a very family friendly site that sells and streams religious content. We have several android apps and a TV channel on the ROKU. We survive by donations and orders, but when those are slow, I get worried. We transfer roughly 22-33 terabytes a month in bandwidth so you can image the hosting cost. Even though host say unlimited, when you reach numbers like that, they aren't.

I've always told my users that there will never be an external ad on our site, but I believe that the time has come to place a couple ads. However, I'm looking to place VIDEO ads before loading our streaming content. I'm unsure where to start to look.

Can you guys give me an idea of what services to look for and which ones are legit and who aren't?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Well I for one would like to know how you achieved 400,000 unique visitors per month in just 6 months. Well done.

Without knowing what your website looks like or the amount of content it has, I would suggest looking at Google Adsense. With 700k hits and who knows how many pageviews, you should at least be able to cover all your hosting costs.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 AM

Andheresjohnny: GOD and religion are a big part of my families life and evidently a lot of people too. I was very surprised and shocked by our quick growth as well.

I have experimented with Adsense and I actually had adsense text ads up for 15-30 minutes during testing and generated $3.81 (which is still there, because you need $10 for a deposit) but quickly took it down because I didn't like the way text ads destroyed the simplicity of the site.

Does Adsense had video ads that will load a specific page once it's done? I'm a PHP/C++ Developer by trade, so I can script it needed.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Contributing Member

Google Adsense certainly has video ads, but I think you blend them into your content just as you would the text-based ads.

I don't anything about them loading a page upon completion.

If your first attempt earned almost $4 after just 15-30 minutes, they you may want to revisit that experiment.

I understand that you don't want to clutter your website, but Google offers quite a few types of ad layouts. And you don't need to plaster ads all over the site (not saying you did ).

Maybe try a nonintrusive text link block in a sidebar or something. You can certainly experiment some. I'm not sure 15-30 minutes is enough to do some real testing on layout.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:47 PM

This blog post may help you: http://mashable.com/2007/08/23/video-ads

Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 AM

there are two reasons,if there is copyright content on your site,it is also one reason,and other is quality of content,you should post high quality content,then your earning will be tight...

Old 05-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

With such amount of big traffic you can make lots of money with Google Adsense.Also you may work with buysellads who will place advertisers banner in your site and for this you will be paid every month.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:36 PM

I wish I could have the traffic that you do. Great job!

Old 05-10-2011, 05:20 AM
Banned

First Getting That Much Unique Visitors in a month is a great job and when it comes to earnings try to be professional on this basis try to make ur blog filled up with ads and buy to action this will loose your visitors impression .... work harder u can achieve more what u accepting......

Old 05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMupchurch View Post
We transfer roughly 22-33 terabytes a month in bandwidth so you can image the hosting cost. Even though host say unlimited, when you reach numbers like that, they aren't.
Don't you just love the idea: for FREE but only if you pay to get it free )

Why don't you try to sell something, like book, via affiliate marketing?

Old 05-13-2011, 06:29 AM

I'm no Internet mogul, but here's a couple of suggestions.

1) Try hosting on your own. Bandwidth is cheap these days. Try to go with a cable modem provider. That's broadband, and it's quite fast. Check out metro-e also. Just price things out to find out what you can get.

2) Adsense is good. You can just put up 1 small add if you want, it will load fairly quickly.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue