Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Online Business Forum General online business related topics including ecommerce, customer related issues, home based business challenges & tips, etc.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-05-2018, 04:15 AM

Red face Why is online marketing increasingly preferred over offline marketing?

Nowadays the people always getting busy in their daily life. They don't have time to go out to do shopping. There are a lot of multivendor marketplace websites came into the online market. The people no need to go out. They can order by online and get the things where the seated(home delivery). So the online marketing getting preferable now by the people comparing to offline marketing.

By
Jessica

shopygen.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2018, 04:53 AM

Because you have better chances of targeting the specific audience. The granularity level you can achieve online with exact ROI source makes online ads a desirable choice for limited budgets. Think of Facebook Ads, you can target people on the basis of their precise location, age, gender and even their search likes.

Then, you have Inbound marketing as well which involves creating something of value in house and sharing that with your followers like blogs, contests and discount coupons.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:53 AM
Contributing Member

I run for 5 years a shop in the form of ecomerse that has a physical location.
Online marketing is measurable and therefore can me improoved to great detail. You cannot really do that with offline marketing.

Additonally more and more people are present in social media and therefore you can interact with them faster, easier and promote them with cheap ads. Branding is also easier with ads.

I will still ocassionaly use flyers to get instant result for local promotion. At the same time facebook ads offer a very good alternative for constant promotion (and local promotion) and branding.

If you now want the best results, then get your customers/visitors emails and do 100% targeted ads with facebook directly to them. I don't think there is a better targeted promotional method than that. Its higly targeted and measurable. In facebook you get a better result with discounts & coupons.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member

If you have a business, from a financial perspective. Offline Marketing can be expensive.

Offline Marketing = radio and print advertising, billboards, signs, pamphlets, telemarketing, and television ads.

Online Marketing = Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Display Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, Webinars

Online Marketing costs a SMALL fraction of what Offline Marketing will cost.

ALSO, THE MAIN BENEFIT IS . . . Online you can reach a wider audience for less money. Remember, if you're visible online, the whole world has access to you. If you are on a billboard or magazine, only your local area has access to you.

Last edited by richardalveranga; 01-17-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:12 AM

Online market better than offline market

In my opinion, as everybody has said online market is brilliant whereas offline market is not so good to grow in the world market.
But the question arises how can one make a progress in online market if he has started a business like Walmart? As these businesses need some stock in offline mode, so there should be first focus on offline market if the business has just started, otherwise there will be a lot of money which will be spent and the output will be poor.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:10 AM

there is not 1 reason why online marketing is preferred more than offline marketing,
1) world is becoming digital, everyone is always active online so we can promote our
product anytime in a day (24/7).
2) larger and correct audience can be targeted in online marketing.
3) there is also better consumer contact in online marketing.
4) we can also track audience, i.e how many people saw our adds

Old 01-23-2018, 04:40 AM

hi there... Since we are in dot com era,,, Online marketing can do best...Coz these days people nolonger have time for redios but they are 24 hours on internet....

Old 01-23-2018, 06:26 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiraf View Post
hi there... Since we are in dot com era,,,
We've been in the "dot com era" going on 3 decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiraf View Post
Online marketing can do best...Coz these days people nolonger have time for redios but they are 24 hours on internet....
I listen to the radio a lot when working in my office. I watch some tube in the evenings too!

Old 01-24-2018, 02:16 AM

online marketing get proper details and even tell you where the proper users coming coming from and even tell you how many clicks, ctr and impressions

Old 01-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basratransport View Post
online marketing get proper details and even tell you where the proper users coming coming from and even tell you how many clicks, ctr and impressions
Marketing online isn't just about site stats.

You are full of all sorts of gem posts today.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:35 PM

One of the advantages of Online marketing is that some online marketing efforts can remain in place for a long time - such as a blog that is continually updated. Many offline methods, such as ads have a certain length of time in which they need to come down.

Of course that is not always the case there are some online methods such as social media that have a time limit on themselves.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

Nowadays people use a lot of time on the internet, especially online by using smart phone. So online marketing helps access larger audience and it is convenient for customer to order and buy products. And if you work online marketing you can see this form is more economical than offline marketing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Online Business Forum

Closed Thread