Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Share |
Old 05-24-2015, 02:11 PM

Review: mytelecommutingjobs.com

Hi, guys.
Please review if you have a moment.

Areas of concern:

1. Speed. I am hosting on godaddy shared hosting for now until the site gets good traffic - then I'm thinking going to VPS. But for now, the site must be usable and not as slow as to have the visitor to leave because of speed.

2. If you had no idea what this site is about, what your impression would be?

3. If you were looking for a telecommuting job - if the functionality were there, would you subscribe to email updates? If not - what's the reason?

Anything else you can think of would be helpful too. Thanks!

http://mytelecommutingjobs.com

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2015, 06:28 AM

LOL, guys, is it THAT bad?

Old 06-03-2015, 05:46 PM

Hello wanttobefreeandhappy,

First of all, it's a great attempt, well done. Many people don't even get as far as you have - so don't be disheartened with the lack of replies to your post. We all start somewhere when it comes to websites! People probably just missed your post.

I'm going to be slightly critical in my reply here, it's not bad, but I think with more time you can really make this work. I have seen much, much worse websites so don't worry!

You have a good domain name for your chosen project and it could generate you some great traffic in the long run as it is specific and related to online services! Remember that!

I think with some extra time spent understanding who your potential competitors are online, you could get some great ideas in order to improve your design and really make your website go!

Check out some of the big online recruitment websites and job posting sites - don't copy them, that won't work - but you can sure get some great ideas from each and then create something unique to your chosen market.

For example:
Flexjobs . com
Indeed . com
virtualvocations . com
forbes . com/careers/

These are all very different job sites - but you can search for telecommuting jobs on any.

Remember that your website is specifically aimed at telecommuting jobs, so I think you will need a combination because that is all you are offering to your visitors, 1 'type' of job - but they know that when the click your website - it's probably the reason they would visit you!

Ensure the following:

> Jobs are posted clearly - remove unnecessary links in your content text to your search engine. People just want to view the job description and know where to apply. Understand what they want to do on your site.

> Consider using a content management system such as wordpress, joomla or something else that will help you. Some of these systems may even have add-ons for job advertising and recruitment! Then you just need to design a theme.

> Categories - Understand the different types of telecommuting jobs. Study a job post from various companies advertising the jobs. Perhaps ask someone else who has a telecommuting job and ask them what sub categories exist within their industry.

> Salaries - make sure people can filter by the salary/ pay.

> Location/ language - make sure people can filter by the location it was posted from or even the language required.

> How will you benefit from this? Are you doing this site because you are a big hearted person and you want to do it all for free, do you want to cover your costs or even generate money? If so, how will you make money, can you do it without lots of ads?

Look at some competitors and you will start to get some great ideas.

As for speed - don't worry. For now, get your website sorted out and make sure you are 100% happy. Only get a VPS/ Dedicated server when you need to grow bigger .

I'm sure people here at V7N will help you out soon too!

The best of luck with your project!

Best regards,
Andrew.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

1. Speed. -->It's really ok. Great speed
2. If you had no idea what this site is about, what your impression would be -->Bad, i understood immediately what your site is about. So, it's ok!
3. If you were looking for a telecommuting job - if the functionality were there, would you subscribe to email updates? If not - what's the reason? -->
I would prefer something like fiverr or freelancer

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review