Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Website Review Forum offers feedback and constructive criticism regarding the design, content, SEO, marketing, or overall impression of your website.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-10-2016, 02:59 PM

Review: WebsiteBeaver.com

Been a member here for a few months now, and I thought I'd post my custom website design company site https://websitebeaver.com, developed by me.

I'd like a review based upon its design and user-experience. You could also provide other important information, like on-site SEO or anything you'd find useful to mention to me. Feel free to pick me apart

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 01:25 AM
Individualist

Very contemporary design. One thing that caught me off guard was when I clicked on Services, it shows you 4 areas of service, but when I tried to click on the icons for more information, I found that they are not clickable. Kind of counter-intuitive, in my own personal opinion. Otherwise, very smart looking website.

Old 09-13-2016, 02:20 PM

Hey John, thanks for the reply and kind words! I see what you're saying. So ideally, would you want it to be a popover or modal with brief information? I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to make it a new page, but perhaps a brief description could work?

Old 09-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Individualist

For example, when I go to Services I see "Make Mobile Apps." I would like to click on that and see some examples or some reasons why the customer needs a mobile app. Just my

Old 09-22-2016, 08:37 PM

Changed the services section as per your suggestion. Went a slightly different route though. Let me know what you think.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:26 AM

I like what you have done with the One Page site thing.
However, The empty gap below the video embedded in the 1st section is too much. Maybe increase the size of the embedded element or decrease that gap.

Also, the spacing in "Things We Do" section, in the middle is again a little odd.
And the contact form isn't tempting enough. Maybe add copyright information of years working below that.
Rest everything looks great to me.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityHosts View Post
However, The empty gap below the video embedded in the 1st section is too much. Maybe increase the size of the embedded element or decrease that gap.

Also, the spacing in "Things We Do" section, in the middle is again a little odd.
These issues seemed to be because I didn't optimize for extremely large screens, which you are obviously using. I actually fixed what you said, so let me know if you like it better now.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Contributing Member

The overview is good, I like the screen when I first come to your site, there is only a video make I easily focus on it. However, the top bar seem a little big, both the height and text size. Regarding the contact form, the full width text fields make the form weird, it may be ok on mobile, but PC

Old 10-05-2016, 12:00 PM

The logo of the site is fantastic! Doesn't convince me the video below the menu, is too close to the menu, would go further away and highlighted perhaps with a different background and with some call to action to invite the user to watch it.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member

I like your site very much. Good to know your services and will recommend if anyone needs.

Being a blogger for more than 5 years, I would suggest you to update the blog in a consistent manner with relevant information.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:34 PM

The overall aesthetics are good. I like that there is a video above the fold, which explains your services and helps reduce bounce rate. I know you asked for UX advice, but I'm thinking additional pages explaining your services would help with SEO. Good luck!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby > Website Review

Closed Thread