Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing

Social Network Marketing Social media discussions. (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, etc)

Share |
Old 03-26-2018, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Should We Still Trust Facebook?

Facebook has been in the news a lot lately. Today it was that they are tracking and collecting data of android users. Is it time to dump your Facebook account?

Quote:
Facebook has been in the news a lot in 2018, and it hasn’t been good. First, the company was under fire for allowing Russian operatives to purchase Facebook ads to influence the 2016 U.S Presidential election. Then it emerged that Cambridge Analytica, a political data firm, gained access to private information on more than 50 million Facebook users. Yes, the problems were bad. But worse, Facebook hasn’t been completely open and honest and transparent as these stories were breaking. I no longer trust Facebook.

There’s a growing #DeleteFacebook movement as well as congressional scrutiny.
Can We No Longer Trust Facebook?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member

Recently we got news from Mark Zuckerberg that he and his team is working on it. In my view, I will trust the facebook which is playing the main role in social media and which is the better platform to market and also for many other things.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:40 AM
Community Builder

I trust them just as much as I did before.
I also downloaded my backup, nothing unexpected in it.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

So long as you are willing to trade all your personal information for a bit of online frivolity you should trust and use them. It is pretty much as it has always been.

You won't find me there, never have and never will.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Administrator

In case you missed it, Facebook’s founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg has been in front of the US Senate Commerce and Judiciary Committees and US House Energy and Commerce Committee this week:
Quote:
..the Eye of Sauron has now been fixed upon Facebook, Google and other platforms that traffic in user data. We can expect that they will now face the kind of scrutiny that has previously been reserved for large global companies such as Microsoft, AT&T and others. Though a more apt comparison may be the scrutiny and subsequent fines and regulation faced by the tobacco industry, which came under fire for the ways it sought to hide its products’ known deleterious effects and the companies’ efforts to increase their addictive properties and market them to an ever younger population, disregarding the interests of consumers. The Silicon Valley hoodie-and-Whole-Foods “disruptors” have now officially joined the big leagues and must come to grips with the great responsibility that comes along with their great power.

How Facebook responds to this crisis, and, more importantly, how users respond, could have a serious impact on the viability of Facebook as a dominant marketing channel. Restrictions around data policy, data access, targeting capabilities and more will have significant downstream implications for marketers maximizing those very powerful tools that Facebook currently provides...
Facebook & Cambridge Analytica: What we know, what they knew & where that leaves us
April 12, 2018

Old 05-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Cambridge Analytica Announces Closure

Fallout from the data scandal:
Quote:
Cambridge Analytica, the controversial firm embroiled in the mishandling of Facebook user data, has announced its shut down on Wednesday. Its British parent SCL Elections Ltd. will also be shuttered as the data analytics company reported a significant decline in business.

In a press release, Cambridge Analytica blamed negative media coverage for the data scandal. It lost suppliers and clients while facing mounting legal fees, prompting the company to file for insolvency in the UK and begin bankruptcy proceedings in the US....
Continued: Cambridge Analytica Announces Closure, Files for Bankruptcy

Old 05-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Community Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
online frivolity[/B]
That may be true for the majority of users, but many do make a living using parts of Facebook. Do you use Google, gmail, docs, calendar ect? If so then the argument is a bit hypocritical don't you think?

It's like the old saying, if the product is free, then you are the product.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:38 AM

In the event that you dont have confide in facebook and the work we do through facebook then it is alright for you what the truth of the matter is facebook having the biggest rundown of crowd you cannot prevented from claiming that might be a few things turned out badly for facebook yet at the same time it is sufficiently proficient to work with fact is I did'nt discover any impact of the crisis in facebook work is going like the way it had been..

so you can totally trust facebook.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum > Social Network Marketing