Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 04-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

@Bernard

[YT]1weHfZga8Ao[/YT]

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
v7n Mentor

After seeing that Paul would get an even share, if not more in Colorado last week, I now see that Paul is taking 20 out of 24 possible delegates in Minnesota. This was the state that Santorum won back in February. Paul was second in that caucus.

http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-roo...sota-delegates

So if Paul can take a majority of the delegates that Santorum won and pull close to even in other states, why wouldn't he have a shot come convention time? The mainstream media still is undercounting so I'm done listening to 'their' count.

What do you all think? I'm thinking he's actually got more of a shot now than a month ago. Imagine if he wins in Texas and does well in California.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfyre7896 View Post
What do you all think? I'm thinking he's actually got more of a shot now than a month ago. Imagine if he wins in Texas and does well in California.

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...130101566.html

Romney returning to New Hampshire to mark ‘semiofficial end’ of GOP primary

Five states will hold primaries in the race for the Republican nomination Tuesday, including Pennsylvania and New York, but Mitt Romney won't be spending his election night in any one of them.

With Rick Santorum out of the race, Romney is expected to sweep all five primaries tomorrow, winning nearly 300 delegates. And while Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul have given no signs they plan to exit the GOP race, Romney's aides view the primary race as all but officially over.

If the Sun has not already set on the Republican primaries, after tomorrow it will be ancient history ... and all hail the 1% Mitt Romney and good luck to the "winner".

happy new life for Ron as well.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

"Read my lips, no new taxes" and a tax increase are are what did Bush in.

Let's hope that, "If I haven't solved this mess in 3 years, it will be one term only" does the same for the current resident.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post

Let's hope that, "If I haven't solved this mess in 3 years, it will be one term only" does the same for the current resident.
After making a statement like that, any man worth his salt would refuse to run for reelection.
We both know that's not going to happen.

And, I'd love to share your enthusiasm for Ron Paul's chances, Sunfyre, but I know that the MSM still have a few tricks up their sleeve, like underreporting his results, etc.
They will probably start going gangbusters on Romney or Gingrich to siphon votes away from Ron Paul, while continuing to report lower than real results for Ron Paul. After all, everyone wants to back a winner. The MSM is no exception to that rule.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
... the MSM ... will probably start going gangbusters on Romney or Gingrich ...
For the most part, they are ignoring Paul and Gingrich and framing the narrative as if Romney has already won and is campaigning against Obama already.

There are a few exceptions though:

[yt]EfS1x5RnZZQ[/yt]

[yt]pOXJt1ahVsE[/yt]

Old 04-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post

If I haven't solved this mess in 3 years ...

The mess was brought to an end in June of 09 - Great Recession Dec. 07 - June. 09., positive GDP since that time.

Too bad for the Rs the election was not last Nov. - the prospects for accelerated recovery continue to improve with much of the blame for the present slow improvement dissipated equally between both parties.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post

The mess was brought to an end in June of 09 - Great Recession Dec. 07 - June. 09., positive GDP since that time.

Too bad for the Rs the election was not last Nov. - the prospects for accelerated recovery continue to improve with much of the blame for the present slow improvement dissipated equally between both parties.
FOR SALE: Designer Eyewear - Presidentially Approved!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rose-colored-glasses.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	16216  

Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 PM
v7n Mentor

Tonite's poll results courtesy of Real Clear Politics... 5 more states:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-25-12 RealClearPolitics   Opinion  News  Analysis  Videos and Polls.png
Views:	123
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	16221  

Old 04-25-2012, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze Wood View Post

HA HA! Can always count on you for a little bit of Obamaptimism.

It's true, there's a positive GDP...
...And unemployment is around 8%.
...And those who give up looking for work are no longer unemployed. Yay!
...And the inflation rate is around 2.7%.
...And that's because people don't buy food or energy.
...And the bailouts totalled $700 billion.
...And the banks are now in good fiscal shape.

It's easy to be hopeful when the administration is cooking the books.
Now THAT'S Obamaptimism!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjones View Post
Tonite's poll results courtesy of Real Clear Politics...
Very disappointing. Looks like the GOP machine has their puppet.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

BREAKING: Mr Gingrich to end White House bid

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...bid/?hpt=hp_t2

Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
v7n Mentor

Bernard, you seem surprised. Do you recall any prior elections where one candidate stayed consistently at the bottom, but suddenly gained widespread support as the candidates above him left the field to the frontrunner? Can't recall seeing that happen.

Mathematically Paul currently has roughly the same chance of taking the nomination that I have of winning the lottery by buying a quick-pick. It can happen, but the odds are against it.

Romney is not the first choice I'd have picked out of all that took the field, but I see him as a helluvalot more likely to turn an economy around than Obama and he also lacks the history of race-baiting, dishonest dealings and sheer incompetence that permeate the current administration. Obama is Jimmy Carter, without the honesty, plus a racial chip on the shoulder. At least Romney has a known history of turning around a lot of corporations, not to mention his stellar performance turning around a floundering Olympics effort in Salt Lake.

We don't get everything we want, and if the Paul fans want to fight it out to the convention floor I'm fine with that, they have every right... but I do hope that when the inevitable happens and the nomination does not land in Paul's lap by magic, his supporters do what is right for the country and help us NOT find out just what Obama meant in his candid open mic episode with the Russian envoy as he told him to give him some space cause he was going into his last election and he'd have "more flexibility" afterward.

Given some of the stunts he's pulled while the voters had a chance of a referendum... I do NOT want to see what he does when he thinks they no longer have a say. Any politician that considers the will of the voters to be a nasty encumbrance and is willing to say so to a foreign emissary is frankly a dangerous SOB to have in power.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

I wasn't expecting Ron Paul to win 1,144 delegates. I was hoping there were enough Republicans to prevent Romney from getting there. I was hoping for better results in Pennsylvania.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Contributing Member

For Paul's true believers, a study in American optimism

Quote:
Darryl Williams and Benjamin Kline were shivering before the speech even started, their black umbrella no match for the steady rain and brisk Philadelphia wind. Even as water hit their faces, though, they were smiling, excited at the thought of seeing Ron Paul.

Williams and Kline are true believers. They are two men who in spite of political reality and weather still come out to support their "ideal candidate." They don't care that many have crowned Mitt Romney the presumptive nominee or that it is now mathematically impossible for Paul to win the Republican nomination before the convention. They just know who they support.

"We believe he is the best candidate," Williams said.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/26/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues