Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 08-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

I.O.U.S.A. movie

Forthcoming movie about the US economy (and federal debt) - check it out: I.O.U.S.A. movie trailer and review

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

Well I won't be watching it.. but it looks interesting

Old 08-09-2008, 11:16 AM
v7n Mentor

Just tell the Dem's, whenever you point a finger at someone you have 3 more pointing right back at you.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
Just tell the Dem's, whenever you point a finger at someone you have 3 more pointing right back at you.
LOL!

Do you even know who Warren Buffet is?
The man knows a thing or two about finances.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
v7n Mentor

I didn't watch the flick I knew who they are. I also know that the economy was going in a great direction up till about 2004 to 2005. About the same time the dem's took over congress, started ensuring or at least talking that the tax cuts wouldn't be made permanent. I know that the largest assault on our economy right now as far as individuals are concerned is the price of gas, another issue the high ups on the liberal side refuse to address or be pressed on. I know the libs have a vested interest to ensure any way they can nothing positive happens unless it is strictly at their doing, or after the upcoming election. Regardless if you are financially secure or not, it doesn't change those facts, the fixes are easy, moveondotorg types want you to think otherwise and want you to be convinced that nothing else will work except for what they tell you.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerslink View Post
I didn't watch the flick I knew who they are. I also know that the economy was going in a great direction up till about 2004 to 2005. About the same time the dem's took over congress, started ensuring or at least talking that the tax cuts wouldn't be made permanent.
Now that's not true, gamer.
The economy took a nosedive on March 20, 2003.
That's the day that Bush decided to illegally enter Iraq on borrowed money and it continues to be a huge drain on your bottom line to this day. You and your fellow citizens will be paying for that decision for a long time to come.
You can blame the Democrat boogeymen if you want, but it was Bush and his buddies who falsified the evidence to get you into Iraq, not the boogeyman.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Contributing Member

Folks, please watch the video. The problems it talks about are much deeper rooted and serious than partisan finger pointing here would indicate.

David Walker (former head of the GAO) has been warning about this problem for a couple years now. The USA is facing the very real prospect of going bankrupt in the not too distant future if dramatic changes are not made.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues