Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Blogging Forum Discuss general blogging issues here - design, integration, posting, trackbacks, ETC. Also discuss blogs you like.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-01-2017, 07:28 AM

Are Efforts to find do-follow backlinks useless or useful

I have read many blog posts that provide a list of "Do-follow" forums and comment blogs. I created accounts on many of those blogs and forums for commenting and posting respectively. However when I do an inspect element then the back links show as "No-Follow". Probably they have changed to avoid spamming. So, are efforts to find such sites a dead meat now or do they still exist

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Even today, links with the "nofollow" attribute are a smaller percentage that links without that attribute. It's just the target sites that spammers have continually used over the years have gotten smart and "nofollow'ed" the links to deter spammers.

You just have to find other sources, or make such great content others will want to link to you.

Remember - "link building" is unnatural, and Google has wanted to put a stop to "link building" not long after they introduced PageRank and found that people were gaming the use of PageRank for ranking purposes.

You should really take the time to read about what has transpired in the past with online SEO, which will in turn, help you better understand the present, and where you should be focussed for the future.

2 cents

Old 11-01-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Even today, links with the "nofollow" attribute are a smaller percentage that links without that attribute. It's just the target sites that spammers have continually used over the years have gotten smart and "nofollow'ed" the links to deter spammers.

You just have to find other sources, or make such great content others will want to link to you.

Remember - "link building" is unnatural, and Google has wanted to put a stop to "link building" not long after they introduced PageRank and found that people were gaming the use of PageRank for ranking purposes.

You should really take the time to read about what has transpired in the past with online SEO, which will in turn, help you better understand the present, and where you should be focussed for the future.

2 cents
Great info. Thanks for this.

All right, meanwhile I have another thing to discuss. if google officially deprecated the page rank API's and tool bars, then why are some bloggers still mentioning about checking PR for linking. I have seen this in articles published in 2017 as well. What are they trying to do.
A. Fool around to get page views
B. They are unaware of the change
C. Google still uses page rank

Old 11-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakash Dayani View Post
All right, meanwhile I have another thing to discuss. if google officially deprecated the page rank API's and tool bars, then why are some bloggers still mentioning about checking PR for linking. I have seen this in articles published in 2017 as well. What are they trying to do.
A. Fool around to get page views
B. They are unaware of the change
C. Google still uses page rank
A. probable.
B. quite possibly
C. Definitely

Bloggers are chasing their tails if they are flaunting a serious effort in trying to get additional PageRank by virtue of assuming a given page has some. Or, a lot. Only a select few at Google know what a given page's PR is these days.

Forget about it and move on.

Last edited by LMD; 11-01-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebGuide View Post
Natural Link Building still works. So do outreach link building in your niche and gain dofollow backlinks.
Tell us your experience with what you have posted about link building. Some details and specifics please.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebGuide View Post
Natural Link Building still works. So do outreach link building in your niche and gain dofollow backlinks.
Natural link building does not include hiring someone to link drop for you.

Quote:
...Natural link building is exactly what the name suggests i.e. links that are created naturally without the website owner having to go and generate them either through guest posting, or other forms of link building practices...
What is natural link building?

Old 12-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member

Google is much smarter today than some years ago.
Please, if tou build links, dont go only for dofollow. When google looks at your page and the incomming link, they will se in a split second if your have manipulated with the links. A website should both have follow and no follow. Dont belive me? then go only for follow links.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Blogging Forum

Closed Thread