Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-15-2018, 04:09 AM

What about these Link strategies in 2018?

What do you think about Forum posting, Guest posting, Article submission, Social bookmarking and Link Reclamation in 2018? Which is still the best and which one is not as good as it was?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-15-2018, 05:12 AM

All are good in building backlinks. Guest posting is the pro as you get quality backlinks from high authority websites. But for that, you need to do a lot of content promotion which is not easy. Other ways to build backlinks is bookmarking, forum posting, article submission in web2.0 sites, profile links, product/business listing etc.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiru77 View Post
What do you think about Forum posting, Guest posting, Article submission, Social bookmarking and Link Reclamation in 2018? Which is still the best and which one is not as good as it was?
Most of them are just a waste of time apart from Guest Posting.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:15 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy&loyal View Post
All are good in building backlinks. Guest posting is the pro as you get quality backlinks from high authority websites. But for that, you need to do a lot of content promotion which is not easy. Other ways to build backlinks is bookmarking, forum posting, article submission in web2.0 sites, profile links, product/business listing etc.
All of these are junk, and devalued by Google thru various algo updates in recent years. You should stop handing out bad advice, and spend more time lurking, reading and learning.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
All of these are junk, and devalued by Google thru various algo updates in recent years. You should stop handing out bad advice, and spend more time lurking, reading and learning.
Why would you disagree with guest posting? I know here on this forum many will disagree for in the favor of even link building but guest posting still works.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
Why would you disagree with guest posting? I know here on this forum many will disagree for in the favor of even link building but guest posting still works.
Anything to do with getting links in either articles, forum posts, and yes, even guest posting have publicly been devalued by Google. You'll have to dig up those sources, but I've viewed them - either video by Cuts, blog posts by Illyes or Mueller.

That said, IF the content is useful, does not have anchor text links, or at least has links to point to reputable sites (validation), and or are on top rated/quality sites out there, then you might not be dinged.

Conversely, most of the guest posts and articles out there are junk - made by wannabe "SEOs", that see themselves as "link builders" (which is a huge joke BTW), that have, and continue, to tarnish the industry more than I can say here and now.

Need I say more?

Old 01-15-2018, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Anything to do with getting links in either articles, forum posts, and yes, even guest posting have publicly been devalued by Google. You'll have to dig up those sources, but I've viewed them - either video by Cuts, blog posts by Illyes or Mueller.

That said, IF the content is useful, does not have anchor text links, or at least has links to point to reputable sites (validation), and or are on top rated/quality sites out there, then you might not be dinged.

Conversely, most of the guest posts and articles out there are junk - made by wannabe "SEOs", that see themselves as "link builders" (which is a huge joke BTW), that have, and continue, to tarnish the industry more than I can say here and now.

Need I say more?
You maybe right about many guest posts to be spam or done just to get links.

But I don't agree with you that guest posting doesn't work at all. And what videos or sources are you talking about? Share the links please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkLFlaWxgJA&t=161s

Check out this videos about what Matt Cutts says about giving some valuable information to the community (or niche to be specific). So, if someone gives some good information through guest blogging in other blogs than if link back than they will be totally considered as valued backlinks.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:18 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
You maybe right about many guest posts to be spam or done just to get links.

But I don't agree with you that guest posting doesn't work at all. And what videos or sources are you talking about? Share the links please.
Re-read my previous post.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:13 AM

I'd be interested in swapping notes with other people who have had success doing guest blog posts. I have quite a few domains in my que already that I haven't even finished yet, but it never hurts to add more.

I'm talking about sites where there is a human editor that approves pitches based on content and there is no or very little charge for posting. I'm worried that sites who charge to post are going to have less incentive to screen guest posts for quality of the writing which will drag the whole site down over time. Although I guess with sites like BuzzFeed I shouldn't be too worried about that. haha

Old 01-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

They are all a waste of valuable time and resources just like they was in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 - - Here we are in 2018 and most still have not learned that spamming up the web don't work!

Old 01-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Most of them are just a waste of time apart from Guest Posting.
Can you explain more how guest posting is better than other ones?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Need I say more?
I completely agree with you my brother. Mostly guests post which we found easily nowadays, are junk. They are created for "link building" purposes. But I am a little bit confused. If we don't use anchor text then how can we get top rank on that specific keyword? Kindly guide me

Old 01-16-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadkhan14 View Post
I completely agree with you my brother. Mostly guests post which we found easily nowadays, are junk. They are created for "link building" purposes. But I am a little bit confused. If we don't use anchor text then how can we get top rank on that specific keyword? Kindly guide me
I would disagree with this more, but I don't know how. There are many sites that will publish your awesome content even if they don't advertise that fact. Who would turn down great free content?

Old 01-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
But I am a little bit confused. If we don't use anchor text then how can we get top rank on that specific keyword? Kindly guide me
I'm not a link builder, nor do I ever want to be. If you can get away with a few links in a few choice spots, you should call it a day.

Me? I'd be more concerned with content, optimizing my site pages, and then working it on various Social Media platforms - without being obnoxious, spamming the target platform or being a general nuisance. Nothing can derail a campaign faster than any one, or all of the bolded points in the previous sentence. It would be like blowing a tire on the highway at 60 miles per hour.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not a link builder, nor do I ever want to be. If you can get away with a few links in a few choice spots, you should call it a day.

Me? I'd be more concerned with content, optimizing my site pages, and then working it on various Social Media platforms - without being obnoxious, spamming the target platform or being a general nuisance. Nothing can derail a campaign faster than any one, or all of the bolded points in the previous sentence. It would be like blowing a tire on the highway at 60 miles per hour.
To add to what LMD is saying:

If you engineer your links, it looks fake. Just provide value and people will link to it. Google is pretty good at figuring out context without anchor text guidance.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

I will give you a little hint - Content on your own site!

Oh I know sounds stupid right - that's the exact reason many don't do it because it sounds stupid but they lack the knowledge to understand YOUR SITE IS THE MOST POWERFUL MARKETING METHOD YOU HAVE.

Google grades content, they count words, they count repeating of those words, they count semantically related terms... Give Google what they want and Google gives you what you want - NOTHING COULD BE SIMPLER!

Quote:
If we don't use anchor text then how can we get top rank on that specific keyword? Kindly guide me

Old 01-17-2018, 06:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

hhhhhhmmmmm... ok got it, pretty much clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post

Oh I know sounds stupid right - that's the exact reason many don't do it because it sounds stupid but they lack the knowledge to understand YOUR SITE IS THE MOST POWERFUL MARKETING METHOD YOU HAVE.

Google grades content, they count words, they count repeating of those words, they count semantically related terms... Give Google what they want and Google gives you what you want - NOTHING COULD BE SIMPLER!
Right.... Right... Thanks for your explanation. This is great. I tried to make my newly e-commerce store as much as strong from on-page perspective and then started off-page. With the working on link building, I am also searching more flaws on my website.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member

Link building is a huge waste of time and yes even for an ecom site. Natural Links are what get top rankings. This has been proven for so many years it's sick! I have NEVER been slapped by Google and NEVER will be - they can do updates until hell freezes over and my rankings will still stay in top positions.

This may be of help to you - http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ml#post2311249

Yes I own an ecom site - I own a jewelry company so I know an ecom site or not, you can still get natural links with content.

Quote:
Right.... Right... Thanks for your explanation. This is great. I tried to make my newly e-commerce store as much as strong from on-page perspective and then started off-page. With the working on link building, I am also searching more flaws on my website.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Link building is a huge waste of time and yes even for an ecom site. Natural Links are what get top rankings. This has been proven for so many years it's sick!
Well getting natural link through contents may not possible for everyone, especially when you have a small blog.

Why Article submission does not work if a backlink is used by targeted users?

Old 01-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:

+1 to this

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread