Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby

Web Design Lobby Forum for general web design issues not specific to scripting or graphics.

Share |
Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
FWIW I have been called a lot of things in my life but "lukewarm" has never been one of them.
Oh, no no no, you misread my post, I didn't call you 'lukewarm' lmfao!
That quote was in reference to people taking the 'both points of view are correct' route, if that makes sense. A was of saying that, sometimes, while it's easier to state that everyone is right in their own way, it's wrong to do so if it's on other peoples account. Not giving them a definitive answer in this case could do more harm...that was the only reason I even commented. I felt that someone in an authoritative position such a super mod was leading people to assume that WP was not easier to optimize than html sites, which is not true based on facts.

Just wanted to clear that up as I think you misunderstood what I said

Anyway i'm out of this thread, you guys are too touchy feely today haha

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Old 03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

i see very hard discussion here. From my point of view, all hand made html site or frames like WP, Joomla, Drupal are just a tool to build sites. So everything else depends on users (programmers). So if user is not expert on programming and SEO, take WP to do the sites, because it is much easier (I've seen many people who can do sites with WP, but they don't understand much in WP). if user is good enough in programming, he can do it by html or WP and can achieve good results. I've used to do hand html because i like it and the pages load faster, because i know how my script works, and add modules as i need ..... so it's my only opinion .

Old 03-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

wordpress is best one. It is also best for seo
In comparison of blog and html. Html is nice

Old 03-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

HTML or Blog huh....?? Nice thoughts....but I have a question for you too......Y not both???

Old 03-09-2013, 07:10 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinrobin View Post
wordpress is best one. It is also best for seo
In comparison of blog and html. Html is nice
Are you sure you read this thread?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:24 AM

if you are not going to update your site frequently then HTML would be better because it will have light weight code to crawl the site.Wordpress as a CMS would be also better as blog if you are changing your content frequently.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM

I personally think that having a website setup with some type of CMS/blog software (i.e. WordPress) is the best way to go, no matter what kind of website you're looking to run. However, when you are designing a website for the first time, you typically find yourself creating static HTML pages of your design, implementing the design into the software you choose to use, and then move forward. It's a lot easier to go from having at least one static page to work with and then integrating it into a CMS, then to just dive right into the CMS and do all of the designing there.

With that said, I believe that using a CMS keeps with the times and gives you much more flexibility. Depending on what your portfolio is about, there are tons of supported plugins that you can use such as image sliders/galleries. Plugins can definitely enhance the user experience by promoting your work and services in a way which is visually appealing and keeps viewers engaged. Plugins also save you from having to search for custom scripts that you could have otherwise taken advantage of had you installed a CMS in the first place.

I think it all comes down to preference, though. Some people like to build static websites, others prefer using a CMS. For instance, I utilize WordPress for the reasons I've already specified, but also because it shows my capability in using the software. That in itself can be seen as a skill. It also keeps me organized and allows me to update content easily.

Static pages are a thing of the past and I have found them to be a lot harder to manage, especially when it comes to content creation. Without a CMS/script, everything has to be done manually through an FTP client. I'm not totally against it, but it's not the best way to allocate time. I'm a visual person too, so having a system infront of me where I can see and do things all in one spot keeps me from forgetting, which improves productivity.

So to answer your question with a definitive answer, I would say blog... But be creative enough to not make it look like a blog and just have your posts on a separate "Blog" page, or something.

That's just my two cents.

Last edited by Omario24; 03-12-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

I pretty much will go with a static site. Blogs are usually for articles and news items.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Design Lobby