Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Share |
Old 03-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Contributing Member

Question How to Promote a Game?

We have launched our very first iphone/ipad game [Removed]

The game is about "test your number skills" and designed for both iPhone and iPad as of now.

[Removed]

Now my main concern is How to promote this app and make it viral to get downloads ?? App is Free so no coupons or Promo code needed.

Some ideas i have :

* Press release (but which is more best to promote iphone app ??)
* Article Submission (but it wont get my app more downloads asap)

[Removed]

p.s: We will also be launching paid version of this app in coming 1 or 2 months time but no plans to launch in coming weeks for sure.

@Admins/Moderators: I am not trying to promote my app with the help of this thread, i jst need ideas and members views.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 03-09-2013 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Moved thread to Marketing forum, removed self promotion, and a section belonging in another (sub)forum

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 AM

If you have developed and launched an App but somehow still don't know how to market it, I question both your intentions and professionalism. When you develop an app you need to first define you goals, you need to research the game app market and define your expectations. Before any serous developer start drawing up prototypes and stuff, they first need to dveelop a monetization plan, a marketing plan too.

Check this monetization guide for your app:
designboost.net/app-monetization-guide/

As for marketing, you should have already had this planned before or at the most while developing the app itself.

Engage your potential market
You need to incorporate social media into your app, figure out how your app can work with different social platforms and interact with users then build that feature into the app. At the least set up profiles on facebook, twitter and other platforms to reach out to both current users and potential ones.

Get the word out
Build buzz about your app BEFORE it launches, but seeing as how you launched it, you need to do some post-buzz work. Email journalists, shoot out press releases, find people who can relate to your app and happen to be in the same niche. You need to get people talking about it. Reach out to youtube app review vloggers and send them your app to review/test out.

Create a user wish list
Make sure your first release isn't your final release, disable some of the features from the initial app release and make a TO BE ADDED list. Then slowly launch one feature after the other in a timeline manner to help boost your app sales

These are just a few of the marketing idea, but you should have honestly thought of all this before launching your app dude.

Here are some popular app marketing sites/articles for you to check out too:
  • splinter.com.au/indie-iphone-app-marketing-part-1
  • mobilemarketer.com
  • mobilemarketingwatch.com
  • linkedin.com/groups?gid=2070839

Old 03-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for your suggestions

But to let you know, I have already started marketing via PR, Articles, blogs, etc but i posted here as to get more suggestions and ideas if i missed anything for promotion or any new ideas of marketing by members out here.

Also if someone has iphone/ipad apps review blog/site, please contact me.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 AM

Puneet mate I think you're doing an amazing job with this app. The app site is beautiful, good on you!

Perhaps try and land yourself some reviews, go on youtube and search for users who do app reviews and then just contact them with a link to your site. You'd be surprised how many jump at the chance to be the first few to review a certain app/game with such potential! best of luck to you mate!

Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

It all depends on the type of device you are making the game for. If it is for android, you can promote on google play store.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed23 View Post
It all depends on the type of device you are making the game for. If it is for android, you can promote on google play store.
Hello frd,

I have already mentioned in my post .. the game/app is launched for iPhone/iPad for now.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:50 AM

For promotion of Game You should give add on youtube, Video marketing will be good option for that free demo should be given. Then social media will be a powerful tool for promotion purpose you should start contest on it.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:43 AM
Contributing Member

To promote your Game, you will have to do marketing for it. You can take the help of Social networking sites, Google Adwords, Blogs and Forums related to games. You can also announce the launch of your Game through Press Release through various PR websites.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Contributing Member

You will miss the trick if you don't promote it on Social media. That's where one plays and others know what he played. And, you may need to run ads on other gaming websites or apps. ASk yourself -where do you catch the eye of a gamer ?

Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks TheIrish and other above members for your suggestions ..

Cant give promo code for free download as the current version of game is already available for FREE

I have started doing :-
* Game title and icon is already eye catchy
* Press Release
* Searching for game directories and submitting in it for inclusion
* The game size is already less
* Promotion via Social networking sites like FB, Google +, Twitter, etc is done as an ongoing process
* Website is also available for the game/app download

Following things are pending now:

* Creating video for promotion via video sites & Youtube ofcourse
* I am looking for forum posters/ members who have membership on gaming sites (not getting)

Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
The game is about "test your number skills"
If it helps with math why not send info to your education department and try to get it used in schools, or at least recommended to pupils.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Banned

Press release and article submission is a good idea,you can also do the social bookmarking as well as take the help of social networking sites like Facebook, Google+,twitter to promote your game.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amol555 View Post
Press release and article submission is a good idea,you can also do the social bookmarking as well as take the help of social networking sites like Facebook, Google+,twitter to promote your game.
Appreciate your suggestion but I have already mentioned above that i have been doing those activities .. Please let me know if you have any other new suggestions

Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Contributing Member

well put invite your friends button ... !!!

put your games in forum of games ...

there are many sites in market who accept to submit games ...

apart of same you can also contact to any application like free apps a day and give your game to them and you will get a big jump with them just on a single day you will get a lots of downloads ..

best of luck ..

Old 03-29-2013, 02:01 AM
Contributing Member

Maybe you can try email marketing. Nowadays you can try to send the launch message to the users of iPhone and iPad. It will be fast to convey this information to them.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

Try OMGPOP's strategy of social promotion. They seemed to pull it off rather quickly. Also, Rovio is another good example of a case study.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Game can easily be promoted on social media sites and it would be effective too.. but the best way is optimizing some targeted keywords for search engines as visitors from search engines are targeted visitors. Game related forums would also be good here.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

This is true as there are MANY game related niche forums on the web. You should also carefully consider your target demographic as the average age of a "gamer" is actually 39, not < 24 like many assume.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Contributing Member

title, catchy screen shots, and a good description for me, you should have these 3 to make your game more interesting specially for casual gamers

Old 05-03-2013, 04:25 AM

You can publish your game information on social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn to attract your fans and communicate with them to make your app popular.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum