Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 AM
piper01 piper01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 02-22-11
Location: Kolkata, India
Posts: 120
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Why we use pipe line in site title tag.

Hello Friends,
Today I ask a question "Why we use pipe line (|) or commas in site title tag?"
He say more of the site are using that's why we!!I argument with him But I am not satisfy of this answer .

Can any body give the answer ?????
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 06-22-2011, 03:36 AM
seogame seogame is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-10-11
Location: Dubai
Posts: 240
iTrader: 0 / 0%
when i use 2 or 3 keyword then i use for sparred them thats`y i use |
 
  #3  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:12 AM
luring's Avatar
luring luring is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-09-11
Posts: 531
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Pipeline or other symbol does not matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunaqrayait View Post
Well you ask a very wonder question out here.Many web masters use to pipe between keywords.Any i want say that using stop letters like( | - will make your job harder.As these is not acceptable by search engines.
If Webmaster thinks that a title of page like "Web design and hosting" or "Web design | hosting" is a effective title, then they will surely going to get hard time to compete against a Website which have a titled "Web Design Web Hosting". Using a stop letter (means a words which have no meaning are never be indexed by Search engines) and by doing these you will losing your search engine traffic like a sand from your hands.
If you are still confused you can ask me your questions.Or i will recommend you to get information about a term Keyword Proximity.

Thanks,
Raunaq Rayait

In your point you are right because you are saying one keyword or keyphrases. But when you want to two or three keywords in title such as web design company OR web development services, then you can use any thing whether it it a pipe line ( | ), ( - ), ( , ) ( > ) or any other symbol, it does not matter.
 
  #4  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:24 AM
djpoint's Avatar
djpoint djpoint is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 05-13-11
Location: Asia
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by luring View Post
In your point you are right because you are saying one keyword or keyphrases. But when you want to two or three keywords in title such as web design company OR web development services, then you can use any thing whether it it a pipe line ( | ), ( - ), ( , ) ( > ) or any other symbol, it does not matter.
And i just add a little to it that although you can use commas or any other symbol that you want but pipe line neatly separates multiple keywords, and the structure looks clean in the title tag of a website.
 
  #5  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 AM
rujuta's Avatar
rujuta rujuta is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-08-10
Location: India
Posts: 474
iTrader: 0 / 0%

There is no special reason to use pipeline or comma, but it is choice of the person what to use. For Search engine and user comma or pipeline is not important, it is used only for separate the words or keywords and to make it more readable. Personally I use mostly comma because when we use pipeline it takes 2 spaces before and after but when we use comma there is only one space after comma not before, so that way we can show more words in SERP.
 
  #6  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 AM
indybail indybail is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-04-11
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 704
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I use it in my title. I believe it improves and clarifies my website mission statement in the search results and thus I get more conversions.
 
  #7  
Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 AM
timestandstill's Avatar
timestandstill timestandstill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 06-11-11
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
"Why we use pipeline in site title tag - Webmaster Forum" would make no sense without the dash there. I don't think there's anything more to add.
 
  #8  
Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Hulbert Lee Hulbert Lee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 06-20-11
Posts: 46
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper01 View Post
Hello Friends,
Today I ask a question "Why we use pipe line (|) or commas in site title tag?"
He say more of the site are using that's why we!!I argument with him But I am not satisfy of this answer .

Can any body give the answer ?????
I think the pipe line is just a clean symbol to separate a website title and a webpage title. For example: Lose Weight | A Guide To Lose Love Handles
 
  #9  
Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 PM
seo9 seo9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 01-13-11
Location: UK
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You can use lots of different delimiters. However, personally, I think the pipe looks much neater and clearly breaks keyphrases/words.
 
  #10  
Old 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM
sydneyseoconsultant sydneyseoconsultant is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-16-11
Location: Sydney
Posts: 59
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It is just something different, that is all. You want to try to break up the title tag, so you can use whatever suits.
 
  #11  
Old 06-23-2011, 03:49 PM
cheese cheese is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-23-11
Location: Cheese Factory
Posts: 228
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It helps break up the title tag, and it looks cool. I use it whenever I want to seperate my keywords used in the title.
 
  #12  
Old 06-23-2011, 11:48 PM
karmadir karmadir is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-03-08
Location: India
Posts: 387
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Pipe and comma are used to target more than 1 competitive keyword for search engine.
 
  #13  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
jasondefoe jasondefoe is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 06-24-11
Posts: 13
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It's nothing but to segregate your key phrases.
 
  #14  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
lbre's Avatar
lbre lbre is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Posts: 171
iTrader: 0 / 0%
This is a great question. I have always wondered if the pipe was better than the dash or comma. After looking at top ranking sites there seems to be a combination of both. I don't see too many sites using commas in the title tag to seperate keywords though...
 
  #15  
Old 06-27-2011, 01:54 AM
jacksamwhite jacksamwhite is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 03-14-11
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper01 View Post
Hello Friends,
Today I ask a question "Why we use pipe line (|) or commas in site title tag?"
He say more of the site are using that's why we!!I argument with him But I am not satisfy of this answer .

Can any body give the answer ?????
You have to use a separator in title of web pages while targeting more than one keywords on it. There are three separators which used widely in title, and they are: comma (,), pipe (|) and hyphen (-). You are free to use any of these in your titles, they have same effects in the context of SEO.
 
  #16  
Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 AM
steveschmidt85 steveschmidt85 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-11-11
Posts: 168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
its just a separator i think you can any of them you like. and as per your requirement. i would suggest comma as it takes less space
 
  #17  
Old 07-14-2011, 04:57 AM
piper01 piper01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 02-22-11
Location: Kolkata, India
Posts: 120
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by rujuta View Post

There is no special reason to use pipeline or comma, but it is choice of the person what to use. For Search engine and user comma or pipeline is not important, it is used only for separate the words or keywords and to make it more readable. Personally I use mostly comma because when we use pipeline it takes 2 spaces before and after but when we use comma there is only one space after comma not before, so that way we can show more words in SERP.
I comfortable in ur ans
 
  #18  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 AM
PalmGeo PalmGeo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 06-15-11
Posts: 36
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You can use Pipe line or comma. Both are used to separate different keywords. Webmasters use Pipe line instead of comma because it is a clear symbol to represent a different keyword has no meaning for search engines.
 
  #19  
Old 07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
mjtaylor's Avatar
mjtaylor mjtaylor is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-01-10
Location: Key West/Asheville
Posts: 5,425
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksamwhite View Post
You have to use a separator in title of web pages while targeting more than one keywords on it. There are three separators which used widely in title, and they are: comma (,), pipe (|) and hyphen (-). You are free to use any of these in your titles, they have same effects in the context of SEO.
I don't believe you have to use any separator for SEO purposes. I believe it's entirely a question of usability.
 
  #20  
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
A.Gray A.Gray is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 07-13-11
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Why not use pipeline. They look clean and cool.
Sure I see here using a comma gives u more space but imo more keywords isn't necesarly better.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pipe line in title tag Michael william SEO Forum 0 11-21-2009 12:50 AM
Pipe Parts Brian M Graphic Design Forum 3 04-23-2007 08:36 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC