Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Backlink Age

I hate when people like some of you in these forums that think they know so much, I just wanna answer the question "Does the age of a backlink matter" and the answer is 100% yes absolutely. I am not taking a guess on this, I am stating a fact because of results, i have been testing this for a while now. And all you really have to do is think about it.... Why would google make that a factor? Well why the ot heck wouldnt they, it all started when people started buying backlinks and that is not what google wants, they dont want purchased backlinks, the great thing with backlinks and why it is the biggest factor in googles algorithm is it was something that somebody had no control over, you could not make somebody link to your site, but now with people buying them now you wont get credit for that backlink until its at least 6 months to a year old and the longer its pointing to your site the stronger it becomes, that way they dont get these stupid seo people that buy a ton of backlinks, artificially promote a site over night and alter good serps.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

I agree, anyone that thinks it is not a big deal just needs to think about it for a minute. Not only does it mean that the link is not bought and something that is going to be there for a while, but it also means that the site that it is coming from has been there for a while as well. They are many factors that play into it, but the older the link the better.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM

I agree too. I can't image that Google wouldn't take this into consideration.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

The age of the backlink is most likely given value by Google when computing for the PageRank of websites and its web pages. The age reveals that the links are not acquired all at once. It also reveals the relevancy of the website especially when the backlinks are on for quite some time already.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

I think the age of backlink is 2 years. The time of 2 years is enough.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

I believe the age of backlinks get value from google, but I don't rely on it. I still continue to build backlinks everyday to avoid any slide in search engine rankings.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Contributing Member

yes age of back links has value but again it is also consider from which pr website u getting back links,

Old 06-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Age of Backlinks

I have came from the cubicle software engineering world and have been working on learning the "art" of internet marketing. I have a good collection of tools that I have picked up along the way building up some of my niche sites.

I worked on them just to test out some experiements and been finding that indeed the longer that the links survive, the more clout they seem to be getting. If you keep up the new link building, you can effectly "grind" your way through the rankings, as long as you do it in a controlled manner.

Last edited by ASVABSCOREHQ; 06-26-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, age does play a part in a lot of areas with google. I think google factors in a variety of issues including the age of the backlink. I also know the age of domain names also does play a factor as well.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum