Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum Discuss web hosting related stuff.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-14-2016, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

HostGator's performance in 2016? Is it getting better?

Hi,

I remember the time when HG was a great company providing excellent service and support to its customers. But after getting acquired by EIG, they just ruined the complete image of HostGator in front of its customers. Hours of delays in live chat support and low performance of servers, all of these make customers shout every where on internet that HG is getting worse.

I have not used HostGator for more than 1 and half year and I don't know how it is performing now. Maybe they made some changes to their structure and now their performance and support becomes good? Have you guys used their hosting recently? What was your experience? Is it still like before or they improved it?

Looking for your replies.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2016, 07:16 AM
Contributing Member

Currently i can tell you that Hostgator service is improved a little . Few of my client sites have been hosted in Hostgator currently and i do not have major problems as such in technical support.

I would still suggest to go with Bluehost for better support and service.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
Currently i can tell you that Hostgator service is improved a little . Few of my client sites have been hosted in Hostgator currently and i do not have major problems as such in technical support.

I would still suggest to go with Bluehost for better support and service.
It's good to hear that HostGator is improving again.
I heard so many bad reviews of bluehost, I think they were also acquired by EIG. How is your experience with bluehost? Are you talking about good performance of shared hosting? Or you are using vps?

Old 04-15-2016, 07:19 PM

HostGator and BlueHost are both owned by EIG. If I predict from their history, I'd not feel safe with them. They have a sales-oriented strategy, meaning they care less for existing clients and more for new ones. They do not need to actually.

Most people who sign up with them hardly know about EIG or do any research and if one brand turns out bad, they leave that brand only to land on another. There are tons of other hosting providers out there. I do not see a reason why I must use any of them.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicWeb-shoss View Post
HostGator and BlueHost are both owned by EIG. If I predict from their history, I'd not feel safe with them. They have a sales-oriented strategy, meaning they care less for existing clients and more for new ones. They do not need to actually.

Most people who sign up with them hardly know about EIG or do any research and if one brand turns out bad, they leave that brand only to land on another. There are tons of other hosting providers out there. I do not see a reason why I must use any of them.
Exactly, they are running so many flash sales with more than 70% off and always trying their best to get new customers. But as far as I experienced, they don't care about their customers.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Banned

I don't think it matters to them even if you leave their services. They have so many clients to serve, so they don't mind sacrificing. I cannot comment on how their service is but always make sure that you do not get carried away by the prices.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

I have been using HostGator since December 2015 and No issue till now. I think, they have improved their services.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:47 PM

It may have improved a little, but I'd still be wary. I'm not too sure if Brent had a clause in the sale to keep the on-site staff hired for a set number of years - but if history gives any clues A Small Orange recently tanked regarding quality, and they were one of the better EIG hosts.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum

Closed Thread