Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Marketing Forum Marketing, branding and advertising discussions. Online and off-line marketing discussions.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Banned

Exclamation Buying Traffic VS organic SEO traffic: which is the best in your opinion?

Which is the best strategy if you have to apply only one?

Buying traffic or SEO (organic) traffic?

For me it's buying: steady results and more predictable.

But a Member of the forum posted me these links:

http://growtraffic.com/blog/2015/05/ethical-buy-website-traffic-from-third-parties

https://moz.com/blog/online-advertising-fraud

Please read them and answer: if you have to apply ONLY ONE choice to your money site, opt in page, etc.

Which one?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

I'll choose the paid traffic, if the service is reliable enough.
But if you are planning to run a long-term campaign, I think that splitting the budget and using the both of choice is the better idea. In the early stages, buying traffic will help you get immediately result, so it's time/cost-effective. But for a long time, buying traffic will drain lots of your money so you need a strategy provides you a long-term result like SEO.

Old 05-09-2016, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2do2 View Post
I'll choose the paid traffic, if the service is reliable enough.
But if you are planning to run a long-term campaign, I think that splitting the budget and using the both of choice is the better idea. In the early stages, buying traffic will help you get immediately result, so it's time/cost-effective. But for a long time, buying traffic will drain lots of your money so you need a strategy provides you a long-term result like SEO.
Why drain money?
If you, after tests of course, set a proper R:R, you spend X and you gain X+n.

So why you will end in losing something?

Old 05-18-2016, 07:14 AM

Buying traffic is essential in the beginning but the whole point of buying traffic is to build your initial base. Once that is built, you should try to ease yourself out of the paid advertising and the fan page/website will hopefully grow on its own!

Old 05-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilley Consolidated View Post
Buying traffic is essential in the beginning but the whole point of buying traffic is to build your initial base. Once that is built, you should try to ease yourself out of the paid advertising and the fan page/website will hopefully grow on its own!
I think it's a misconcept.

Every companies has a more or less fixed budget invested in paid advertising, even if their brand is just established.

Think of Coca-Cola, do you think they stop promoting on adwords or other cause they're well known?

Im convinced that although the site or fan page sooner or later, if there are fresh content etc, will grow on its own, paid traffic can deliver you visitors who would never come in touch with your fan page maybe, just cause it's a matter o targeting.

And the more organic traffic you have, the more similar audience you can intercept, due to lookalike audience.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vianny View Post
I think it's a misconcept.

Every companies has a more or less fixed budget invested in paid advertising, even if their brand is just established.

Think of Coca-Cola, do you think they stop promoting on adwords or other cause they're well known?

Im convinced that although the site or fan page sooner or later, if there are fresh content etc, will grow on its own, paid traffic can deliver you visitors who would never come in touch with your fan page maybe, just cause it's a matter o targeting.

And the more organic traffic you have, the more similar audience you can intercept, due to lookalike audience.
Advertising is most definitely persistent. That's why in my statement I said they no longer pay for "likes" but still continue to promote their products and services. You will almost never see a Facebook ad for Coke-Cola saying "Like our page" it is all product promotion and website promotion. Coke-cola doesn't even need to spend much on their Google Ads because they are on the first page when you search because they have built up their site authority so much through Keywords and Backlinks.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:43 PM

It depends on how quickly you want results and depends what your marketing strategy is. Start here: What is the goal of the business. When you answer that question, you can then make a decision on how what to focus your marketing efforts on.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:22 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinChotoo View Post
It depends on how quickly you want results and depends what your marketing strategy is. Start here: What is the goal of the business. When you answer that question, you can then make a decision on how what to focus your marketing efforts on.
I agree that IM is not a mess of instruments and tools but a strategy.

But i dont understand the focus on "quickly" and "not quickly", imho it force the reader to think that pay advertising is a short of shortcut instead of SEO which appears more sustainable and less "evil way"

But is it really the truth?

Pay advertising requires a lot of effort in setting the right target to achieve good ROI.

Seo of course isnt fast to carry results, and you have to apply a lot of knowledge and exertion but is really more sustainable?

Marketing in fact is essentialy communicate your differentiating factor and brand to people.

So reach as more targeted people in your niche and communicate to them what makes you different from the others and why they need you so bad for solving their problems and recover from the "pain" that the problem cause to them.

Assuring that, you can be reached from people who actively look for a solution, supplying that solution for an explicit demand, with SEO or paying sponsored ads in google,

or intercept a latent demand, as an example with Facebook Ads or Google Adwords for Display.

So i think the goal of business is more or less the same: catch the right audience and communicate with them what said above, the important aspect is HOW you want to communicate, what kind of demand you wanna intercept and why.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

I think buy traffic not good - it's can get a spam from Google because get a high bounce rate. Natural is best, don't be too eager get a high rank.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Not a good idea to buy traffic at first because the more content you have on your site the more traffic you get without having to resort to PPC advertising or traffic networks in order to retain traffic. Are you understanding where I'm coming from with this? Buying traffic in the long run is a waste of time unless you've accumulated large sums of affiliate commissions from promoting affiliate programs and the blogger website. If you're just starting an online business buying traffic is not the way to go because you have to focus primarily on building up the quality content of the site for good year.

How are you going to spend money you don't have buying traffic when you can keep that money in your pocket and acquire a speech recognition program to pick up traffic to your site by creating content using the awesome power of your voice? Especially if you don't know what you're doing on the Google AdWords and you're buying traffic chances are you going to end up wasting tons of money on unwanted ad clicks and end up broke. So your best option is for now stay glued to your computer chair and create content for your blog at least six months or year until large sums of traffic start coming in from search engines and social networks.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Banned

And if you have an opt in page and not a blog with content?

I mean opt in page, than funnel with content and promotion. This best suits ppc.

However even waiting for 6 months to achieve some results seems too long imho, so a mix of ppc while building seo rankin could be more affordable

Old 05-21-2016, 09:32 PM

I think you all may have a point, i just depends what your marketing strategy is.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Flat out, I don't puchase links and never will. i lovd tt challenge myelf alll the time. So I focus on just organiic SEO traffic

Takes me much longer to reach my gooal though.. I did this as an experimnt with the blog. Oragnic from day 222.

Last edited by snakeair; 05-22-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:44 AM
Contributing Member

When it comes to the long term lifeline of your internet marketing, the result is clear - SEO offers the better value in search marketing. You won't rank #1 overnight, but SEO is more affordable and the long term benefits have been proven.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarsaady View Post
When it comes to the long term lifeline of your internet marketing, the result is clear - SEO offers the better value in search marketing. You won't rank #1 overnight, but SEO is more affordable and the long term benefits have been proven.
Why these assumptions should be considered true?

SEO is more affordable: rankin is not an exact science, it seems everyone has his recipe, and you will depend to what google choose time to time, if the algorithm changes (also hidden not proclaimed changes), you can be affected.

Here https://algoroo.com/ it's displayed in real time probable changes happened in google's algorithm.

So, you have to get updated, as in paid advertising you have to adjust ads, and most of the factors (rankin rules, competitors, etc), are out of your control maybe.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:51 AM
Contributing Member

Organic Seo traffic is more valuable than buying traffic. Buying traffic generates temporary traffic whereas organic traffic is permanent.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfortuners View Post
Organic Seo traffic is more valuable than buying traffic. Buying traffic generates temporary traffic whereas organic traffic is permanent.
Nothing is "permanent".

Expecially with google's algorithm.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:09 AM
Banned

ok... but WHY?

saying statements like " X is better than Y" is like "God exists".

Why you assure that X is always better than Y?

Old 06-06-2016, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik1823 View Post
Do Seo to get more traffic, buying traffic is not a good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashly85 View Post
i think SEO is better then the paid traffic.
Both of you need to read the blog posts the thread creator has shared before you share your quality advice on here.

So far, both of you have provided no quality posts on this forum.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:05 AM

In my opinion organic seo traffic is good for a webpage. Because if you do seo by following the rules you pay the visitors original who chose your articles most because he find that before.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Marketing Forum

Closed Thread