Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Hub Pages

I hope I have put this in the right place.

Do any of your webmasters write articles for hub pages, and does it bring in any traffic.

I have just st.arted writing articles on there

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 PM

Hi! Yes, I write for hubpages and get decent traffic, and make money with them through AdSense. My profile is http://hubpages.com/profile/bizchickblogs if you would like to check it out.

The key to success at HubPages is putting in the time it takes to get some accolades and get a high profile rating. You need at least 76 for your links to be dofollow, and the higher you rate, the better the experience will be overall.

But anyway, to answer your question, the hubs will bring in traffic. Point some decent links toward each one and you will be good to go.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Banned

Hey,

I have also written a number of articles on hubpage. Take a look my profile http://hubpages.com/_kpeter/profile/kevinpeterson

If you have fresh and original articles, HubPage is really a great platform to get authoritative backlinks pointing to your website. It also helps to drive good traffic to your website.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:09 AM

I do a lot of work on hubpages too. I have to say though that to get that score up past 76 to do follow can be tough when you are first starting out. You do have to participate in the community and make "friends" etc but it does get traffic to your website and good backlinks too.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 AM

I quite like Hub Pages. I've had a couple of them get referenced by online magazines and stuff, because you can get them to rank for niche terms quite well. And they seem (to me) a lot easier to work with than, say, Squid lenses

Old 12-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

I've heard about hub pages. I might start posting articles here. I've heard that they give you a share of the ad revenue as well, which is better than ezines.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:02 AM

I don't have a deep knowledge on hub pages can somebody tell me or give me a reference?

can you please tell me best site to read about hub pages
Thanks,

Last edited by snakeair; 12-18-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: merged posts

Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by black7mt View Post
I don't have a deep knowledge on hub pages can somebody tell me or give me a reference?

can you please tell me best site to read about hub pages
Thanks,
Have you looked around the hupages website yet? Check out this link to learn more. http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 AM

Thanks i haven't seen it before it seems nice i am reading it now

Old 12-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Banned

I write for habpages. But I don't write for traffic.
However, if you write a good article and build link, I am sure you will get traffic to your website through hubpages.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry, but using hubpages as a means to earn Adsense isn't a very smart business model. They could close down your hub(s), lenses etc. any time any day they want and *poof* all your business is lost. If you just use hubpages as a means to get traffic to your money site then it sucks as well since again, these 3rd party owned properties could vanish anytime and second, all these ads will distract a lot of your hub readers so that only a few will even get to your resource box/call to action. For backlinks it is fine but quite a lot of work since the hubs really have to be of high quality otherwise they get often easily flagged or deleted for spam reasons.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchickblogs View Post
Hi! Yes, I write for hubpages and get decent traffic, and make money with them through AdSense. My profile is http://hubpages.com/profile/bizchickblogs if you would like to check it out.

The key to success at HubPages is putting in the time it takes to get some accolades and get a high profile rating. You need at least 76 for your links to be dofollow, and the higher you rate, the better the experience will be overall.

But anyway, to answer your question, the hubs will bring in traffic. Point some decent links toward each one and you will be good to go.
Thanks for the tip, it's ncie to hear from someone with direct experience with it.

Just out of curiosity how much time and articles does it take to get 76 profile rating?

I browsed through some of your articles, and have to say the quality of your articles is pretty good. However I haven't really noticed how you are monetising these, are you relying ad-revenue share with hubpages? Because I can't see many external website plugs with your articles.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web