Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-15-2010, 06:48 AM

What are your favorite sites to write for?

I'm fairly new to this, and was wondering what are some of your favorite sites to write for, and why.

When I visit the sites, they all make themselves sound good, but when I do a little googling, the reviews can be mixed. Of course, some of those reviews might be fake also.

According to another post, it sounds like Hubpages is fairly good. Any others?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 AM
v7n Mentor

Here is a list of the top article directories, sorted by traffic and page rank. This list is updated nearly every day, so you will always get up-to-date information from it.

The best thing you can do is try out a bunch of the top directories - see which ones you like and which ones you don't. When I started article marketing, I tried about a dozen of these sites. Some of them I absolutely hated (they either took too long to approve my articles, they didn't have a way to see my article stats, or they didn't have author profile pages). Others, I absolutely love. Now, I submit to 4 or 5 on a regular basis.

The best article directories for you may be totally different from what works for me. However, you should be looking for directories with a fast approval rate (anything longer than a couple of days is too long; remember, time is money! The longer your article sits in "pending" status, the more traffic you could be missing out on!) You also should pick article directories that let you see the statistics for each article. That way, you can see which topics are working, and which ones aren't (and it will vary from directory to directory). You should also pick article directories that allow you to have an Author Profile page. Not only does it count as a separate backlink, but it also gives readers a chance to learn more about you (which helps; people respond better if they feel like they know someone).

Good luck!

Old 11-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Contributing Member

If you really want to get results you should consider writing guest blog posts for other blogs in your niche. I've done this on a few occasions now and one time I did it I got around 4500 visitors in one week when I managed to get a slot on a really popular blog.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

Bukisa is one of my favorites.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw1978 View Post
If you really want to get results you should consider writing guest blog posts for other blogs in your niche. I've done this on a few occasions now and one time I did it I got around 4500 visitors in one week when I managed to get a slot on a really popular blog.
Hi.
Would you please elaborate on this?
I am trying to earn extra cash from blogging/writing articles online.

thanks.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdi View Post
Hi.
Would you please elaborate on this?
I am trying to earn extra cash from blogging/writing articles online.

thanks.
We have a whole thread about guest blogging with ton's of information in there that'll help answer your questions. Take a look at the posts. http://www.v7n.com/forums/blogging-f...ml#post1347717

Old 11-29-2010, 03:18 AM
v7n Mentor

What you may want to do is find a blogger or two in your niche and start working with them. Make sure they aren't cheap. If you keep sending them quality work, they should keep buying it. I have one writer who sends me as many articles as she wants because she knows I will take every single one. But I know that every one is going to be quality so I want to encourage her to write for me as much as possible. Hopefully she feels no need to write for anyone else.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

My favorite sites to write for are my own sites. I love building my own properties.

However, when I started I wrote for content sites and article directories extensively and there are many different ones. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to build backlinks? Do you want to create mini sites? Are you looking for pay per click income and if so do you know how to write for the search engines? Do you want to establish yourself as a freelancer?

The best sites for you will really depend on your individual goals.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM

I agree with Fitgal to write for your own sites so you can earn long-term passive income from them. If you need some quick cash though, you can try bidding for projects in job sites such as ifreelance.com. But since job sites are competitive, the pay won't be much. You can also try prospecting local businesses in your area if they need to professionalize their websites.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

I like writing for ehow, they have very good quality control, and even do routine quality control checks on exisiting articles for outdated information, prices of services, and to just look for stuff that may have slipped the net. A lot of writers don't like this. But I think it's good, keeps the quality of the site up and prevents power quality writers from getting in.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw1978 View Post
One of your best bets is huffingtonpost, and they accept guest posts. However, some of the bloggers who write for huffington should recommend you unless you are a known expert in some field or a PhD in something. Guest posting looks difficult only at the beginning - once you write for a blogger and he/ she gets to know you, they will welcome more posts from you.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeFish View Post
I agree with Fitgal to write for your own sites so you can earn long-term passive income from them. If you need some quick cash though, you can try bidding for projects in job sites such as ifreelance.com. But since job sites are competitive, the pay won't be much. You can also try prospecting local businesses in your area if they need to professionalize their websites.
Ok, that is something different from promoting your own websites. If you are an American or English, you can try Demand media - they have constant loads of articles and pay a min of $15 per piece. Internet brands pay $10 an article.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM

Yes, Hubpages is certainly a good place to write for. Nicole thank you for that list of article directories, I am sure it will come in handy for me

Old 01-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic_ace View Post
I like writing for ehow, they have very good quality control, and even do routine quality control checks on exisiting articles for outdated information, prices of services, and to just look for stuff that may have slipped the net. A lot of writers don't like this. But I think it's good, keeps the quality of the site up and prevents power quality writers from getting in.
Ehow no longer has a writer's platform and hasn't since April of last year.

Writers for Ehow were invited to apply to their parent company Demand Studios but Ehow has not accepted new material since April 2010.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGal View Post
Ehow no longer has a writer's platform and hasn't since April of last year.

Writers for Ehow were invited to apply to their parent company Demand Studios but Ehow has not accepted new material since April 2010.
Is that a problem? Demand Studios pay for the articles anyways. Though some writers say their editors are kind of picky.

I forgot to mention technorati among my favorites - they don't pay to contributing authors, but you get high quality links to your website.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 PM

I am currently writing for this a News online website. And I am really enjoying it. I get regular feedback here

Last edited by snakeair; 01-12-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: self promo removed

Old 02-05-2011, 06:51 PM

HubPages is a fantastic place to write. It's a friendly site, and has lots of flexibility in how you can make money. I'm bringing in a growing stream of income from Google Adsense with them, and having a lot of fun doing it. AssociatedContent.com is another site that I really like. I've read on the web they aren't accepting many articles, they won't pay very much, and so on and so forth. Yet, that is not my experience with them at all. I'm in the top 1000 with Associated Content, and that's with very minimal effort. They accept everything I submit. It's probably because I try to make them money whenever I write an article for them. I'll write about a product that will bring up high paying Google ads, and use the right density of keywords. At the end of the day, you may just want to try a few different sites and see what fits your personal style.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks for your comments

Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Banned

My favorite sites are Demand Media, Groupon and the Yahoo Contributors Network. The Yahoo Network only pays $10 per article, but you also get paid on page views and that can really add up over time. Passive income$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web