Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 02-28-2011, 07:47 AM

Googles quality filter probematic for article sites?

hi.

just wondred what the feedback has been on googles new quality filter. this has seen sites like ezinearticles dropping massively in the rankings.

how does this bode for other article/content networks?

anyone seen any results good or bad?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
v7n Mentor

Might I point you to http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...hm-update.html where a lengthy 3 page discussion, so far, is already ongoing about this question?

Old 03-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned

I write for Demand Media and I haven't seen any major changes yet. They are still pumping out titles for writers to grab. However, it also depends on what you write about. There are many different categories. Livestrong writer's are saying that there are hardly any titles. The google change seems to be bringing more traffic to the main e.how site. I have no idea why. The site normally gets 80 million hits per day and now we have even more hits. Other companies like WiseGeek got hit really hard. Things could still change within the upcoming weeks and months. I am working on my sites on hyper drive and trying to line up more ghostwriting clients because I have no idea how Demand is going to be affected in the long run. Demand Media is my bread and butter. I can make $1000 per week (when I get all of my articles done.) It depends on how hard I want to work. Sometimes I get burned out and I end up only bringing in $300 per week for a while because of writer's block.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

Google will continue to rip into people who spend a lot of time using duplicate content. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you look at it - ezinearticles and a bunch of the other run of the mill respun article platforms are penalized. Personally I am happy with this because I use all unique articles I've written myself.

Stay away from duplicating people's content, no matter what they tell you - because as you are seeing, this is a problem that will soon be taken care of by search engines. Its not 1994 anyomre, and people need to get over the thought that the same scams are going to work to fool search engines.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:04 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by synapsis View Post
Google will continue to rip into people who spend a lot of time using duplicate content. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you look at it - ezinearticles and a bunch of the other run of the mill respun article platforms are penalized. Personally I am happy with this because I use all unique articles I've written myself.

Stay away from duplicating people's content, no matter what they tell you - because as you are seeing, this is a problem that will soon be taken care of by search engines. Its not 1994 anyomre, and people need to get over the thought that the same scams are going to work to fool search engines.
And that's exactly what the biggest problem is with those places, they've allowed others to use them to GAME the system for rankings. Those that write original content and don't spin or dupe it all over the place won't have any problems. Those that outsourced on the cheap, spun, copy and pasted, etc, are the ones that will get slaughtered for their game. I too am glad it's finally come to this.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web