Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 03-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Contributing Member

Is Demand Media worth working for?

I recently started writing articles for many different websites and I've only just found out about demand media. I read briefly through their T&C and it says that you have to waive all authors rights. Does this mean just when working with them or future works which are non related as well?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 PM
v7n Mentor

It's exclusive rights, for whatever you submit to them, which YOU can't even use yourself later. They'll pay you up to $25.00 USD for the work, which I've pointed out in another thread, fair pay in the market is around $1.00 USD per WORD, and these guys, and most others, are looking for the cheap labor to make thousands, sometimes millions, off $25.00 content. Up to you who you write for, but I'll stick with places that pay fairly for hard work, not places wanting content for peanuts.

Old 03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
It's exclusive rights, for whatever you submit to them, which YOU can't even use yourself later. They'll pay you up to $25.00 USD for the work, which I've pointed out in another thread, fair pay in the market is around $1.00 USD per WORD, and these guys, and most others, are looking for the cheap labor to make thousands, sometimes millions, off $25.00 content. Up to you who you write for, but I'll stick with places that pay fairly for hard work, not places wanting content for peanuts.
Thanks for the advice, I've never seen places that offer $1 per word, that would be good. Any advice on where to look for this kind of pay/work? I enjoy writing so anything that pays that well would be ideal!

Old 03-12-2011, 05:30 PM
v7n Mentor

Eddy, Smallboss did a thread I replied to with some more base information on this. I don't have a whole list per se, I have some that I submit to because it's my niche and what I'm familiar writing. I'd suggest you use forum search as I am at a loss to where it's at right now, sorry. Was by Smallboss and about article submissions.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

The pay is fairly low at Demand. They just raised the rate on Home and Garden articles from $15 to $16, but that still seems so low to me.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
Eddy, Smallboss did a thread I replied to with some more base information on this. I don't have a whole list per se, I have some that I submit to because it's my niche and what I'm familiar writing. I'd suggest you use forum search as I am at a loss to where it's at right now, sorry. Was by Smallboss and about article submissions.
While I can't be sure, I found what I think is that thread. Very interesting discussion: http://www.v7n.com/forums/writing-we...-articles.html

Old 03-18-2011, 05:29 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barr View Post
While I can't be sure, I found what I think is that thread. Very interesting discussion: http://www.v7n.com/forums/writing-we...-articles.html
Hey Bob, many thanks for the assist, yes, that was the one

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web