Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

Question Should I pay for articles to be submitted on my directory?

Hello, I recently started a general web directory and am in need of some unique content. Would buying some articles help me at all? I am kind of new to this, but think that if I were able to get some decent articles written it could help my SEO. I plan on sharing all of these articles with Digg, etc. Is this a good plan?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 PM

@Emmons yes that is a great plan, but be sure you aren't spamming the internet with horrible content, as Google can see right through that pretty easy. I don't know what your intentions are on the web directory (but let's be honest - it's probaby for SEO purposes, right?) The only legit directories that will get you traffic are niche-directories or DMOZ or Yahoo. But, anyways, new content is always good to get your site crawled more frequently, and it's also good for your users. In this case, however, I would imagine nobody will take the time to read content on yet ANOTHER web directory. I am not knocking your directory or idea, because ppl still will use directories for SEO purposes, but not so much a place to find information. In other words, outsource your content or use a service like Fiverr to get your articles written, just don't go overboard with it to the point that your site looks spammy. Hope this helps.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangarew View Post
@Emmons yes that is a great plan, but be sure you aren't spamming the internet with horrible content, as Google can see right through that pretty easy. I don't know what your intentions are on the web directory (but let's be honest - it's probaby for SEO purposes, right?) The only legit directories that will get you traffic are niche-directories or DMOZ or Yahoo. But, anyways, new content is always good to get your site crawled more frequently, and it's also good for your users. In this case, however, I would imagine nobody will take the time to read content on yet ANOTHER web directory. I am not knocking your directory or idea, because ppl still will use directories for SEO purposes, but not so much a place to find information. In other words, outsource your content or use a service like Fiverr to get your articles written, just don't go overboard with it to the point that your site looks spammy. Hope this helps.
Obviously, no one will probably want to check back daily for fresh content, but I was thinking they could subscribe to it and maybe check back when i email an update. As far as just bringing in traffic, people may read, then realize they can submit/promote their site...

Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmons View Post
Hello, I recently started a general web directory and am in need of some unique content. Would buying some articles help me at all? I am kind of new to this, but think that if I were able to get some decent articles written it could help my SEO. I plan on sharing all of these articles with Digg, etc. Is this a good plan?
is it web directory or article directory is what you mean? If you want articles, I think it's article directory, and if that's the case, I think you should offer free article submission, which is of course will be moderated for quality assurance purposes.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:56 PM

I myself have some content writers, and I pay them per articles. I mean, there's nothing wrong on paying if the content really is high quality. High Quality articles attracts readers to read your articles and that's a good chance of having traffic for your sites from those link you've included. Just do not do spamming, that will just hurt your site.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchoptmedia View Post
I myself have some content writers, and I pay them per articles. I mean, there's nothing wrong on paying if the content really is high quality. High Quality articles attracts readers to read your articles and that's a good chance of having traffic for your sites from those link you've included. Just do not do spamming, that will just hurt your site.
Can you recommend anyone? Right now my directory is free regular links with free article submission as well, but I was thinking the articles kind of need to be geared towards webmasters/seo to bring traffic that is interested in the directory as well. No one is going to check back for updated content on my directory I guess.... its not a blog or anything...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web