Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Contributing Member

First guest post on ComLuv, can I get a few pointers?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, and I don't want to spam by providing the link. But I recently posted my first ever guest post on ComLuv.com and I was curious if anyone had the time to read it and offer some pointers? It has only been a day since being published and reaction has been OK with about 15 comments or so.

If you are interested, you can search it out on ComLuv with the title 3 Free Steps To Viral Internet Traffic.

Yeah, maybe part of my mistake was a 'spammy' sounding title, but it is three steps that works for me and again, it was my first ever guest post.

I also think I went too long to keep attention. I tried to use funny pictures to break that up, but I don't know.

Thanks in advance! If a mod has a problem with this, please delete and understand I meant nothing by it.

Thomas

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Just a follow up on the guest blog post you did, have you tracked the traffic stat's from that site? I mean, you get any traffic from the guest blog post since last month?

That's a few popular website so i'm curious to know some stat's. lol

Old 11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Absolutely. I will go over to Google Analytics some time tonight when my daughter is asleep and pull the referrals.

There was enough interesting benefits to posting there that I have thought about posting a follow-up guest post and I do have a few things to mention to people interested in posting there.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Contributing Member

I had 55 referrals from that ComLuv post, and I would guess three subscriptions, at the most.

I also networked with a couple people I think I will benefit from, and was highly visible due to the amount of comments I received - and replied to - on the page as a Top Commentator for a fair bit.

I would have shortened the post doing it again, that's a low amount of referrals for the amount of time I spent writing that. I should have posted that on my main page, and a shorter "keys things I learned" post on ComLuv with a link for more information back to me.

Oh well, that's why I do these things! It's all a learning experience.

I'm currently doing what I can to learn how to build an Amazon affiliate store, market it, the SEO, everything...before the holidays get too close. I've had a few crash courses going on the past couple months. ;-)

Thanks for the reply and interest!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web