Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 10-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

6 Points To Consider When Copywriting For Panda 2.5

Some stuff for the CopyWriters on here to read.

Quote:
Any self-respecting SEO consultant will know the true value of informative, vibrant content. It seems that Google is placing more importance on this kind of copy now, too. While there has been a lot of speculation surrounding the latest algorithm change from Google HQ, nicknamed ‘Panda 2.5’ by serial bloggers, it seems that the developers behind the search engine are incredibly keen to penalise any sites that could be considered content farms or are seen as completely irrelevant altogether.

This is nothing new, but it seems that if you’re going to step up the pace and stay one step ahead as far as the SERPs are concerned, it may be time to take a step back and remember the bare necessities of good, quality copywriting and their relevance to the modernised Google that we’ve come to both love and hate (depending on your stake in the SEO industry!).

Whether you’re writing for your own site or work as a professional copywriter, here are some points that you may need to bear in mind while writing for today’s contemporary web pages.
Continued at: http://dailyseotip.com/6-points-to-c...anda-2-5/1950/

Please share your thoughts on the 6 points. If you can add more information on these 6 points, that would be awesome.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

Thank god keyword stuffing is starting to die. The worst part of SEO writing is how unnatural it sounds. Removing the importance of keyword density will make it much easier to write for the reader instead of the search engines. I for one say FINALLY!

Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

All six points are very relevant to today's article marketing tactics. I particularly noted the second and third points. I have a tendency to wander off point. My title may be well intentioned and then a wonderful idea flashes in my brain and I wander off exploring this new idea. That is why it is so important to review your articles to make sure that your title and the content of your article are in sink.

The third point that I found interesting was the percentage of keyword density. When I first started, I toiled over inserting keywords in the body of my article trying to maintain a 2-4% density and in keeping with "guru" advice. That approach stifled my creativity and lengthened the time it took to write an article. It didn't work. It made writing a chore.

My advice to newbies is to choose your keyword(s), then write your article "on the fly" with your keyword(s) in mind. If the keywords appear in the text naturally, so be it. After completing the article you can go back and insert or replace synonymous words with your keyword(s).

As for density, I'm sure SEO experts will disagree with me; I am satisfied with a 1-2% density. In a 600 word article with about 12 paragraphs, a 3.5% density would mean an appearance of your keyword of about 18 times. That is almost twice in each of the 12 paragraphs. That does not look natural in any book. Of course, sometimes it is natural to repeat the keyword and not seem to be stuffing.

Write for the reader first, the search engines second.

Just my two cents.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:46 AM

Not just density but relevance in overall is mapped by google and they are getting better at it by the day. It wont be long when all black hat techniques to gain presence and traffic will vanish and only genuine businesses will be able to do their job in peace.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

ya keyword stuffing doesn't work much but still i have seen unrelated sites ranking better in Google for high search volume keywords

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Closed Thread