Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Number of searches per month

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedomir87 View Post
what can you do with 200 searches a month,1000 minimum is more like it...

200 searches a month is the minimum - you've got to have a cut-off point where it simply is not worthwhile getting the rankings for the search phrase

I follow what other successful people do - and somebody I know who builds profitable mini wordpress blog sites to earn money from adsense or clickbank ebooks, has a 200 a month cut-off point - but he also goes by gut instinct, and may not always bother, if the CPC is also low, for instance

I use a simple rule of thumb - multiply the CPC by the monthly search if building a site for adsense income - i.e. 200 month search x $2 CPC = $400 which is as good as 400 month search x $1, if you get my drift

I should also point I'm not talking about just 1 ranking per site - the sites will target multiple search phrases - i.e. the traffic comes in via a combination of primary and secondary search phrases - then of course there are the unexpected long tail search phrases you also rank for

Also, it depends on what the site is targeting - high ticket items don't need many searches per month to bring in good monthly income, if you have one or more site ranking on page #1 of Google

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

Steady monthly income or lump-sum profits

Quote:
Originally Posted by patel soeb View Post
yes, but i think monetizing blog and earning via that is much better option
A lot of people won't sell their sites - they prefer to keep them for the monthly income

However, if you need to buy something expensive, then selling a few sites makes sense, in order to generate a large amount of cash quickly

Also, if you keep building sites, you soon get too many to be able to update regularly - even wordpress autoblog sites need your daily attention, or the sites will be de-indexed due to auto-posting of crap blog posts

Old 01-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Time factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedomir87 View Post
yes,but compared to blogging,keyword selling is a lot easier and quicker cash...plus no expenses...
It depends how quickly you can build the keyword list

I find it very time consuming

I've just started using a different method yesterday - specifically for "local" searches

I can now see in seconds whether there's an opportunity

e.g.

search phrase:
"weight loss"

city list:
los angeles
new york
boston
heuston
newark

returned 10 "top rated" search phrases, a long list of "good" search phrases, and lots of "forget it"

I then just have to do a bulk domain availability check for .com, .org, .net

examples of "bad" search phrases returned that would be a waste of time targeting, because of low search volume, or high competion:
weight loss hypnosis los angeles
weight loss hypnosis boston
weight loss spa new york
etc. etc.

I'll probably need to run the best results through Micro Niche Finder - but having already got a good list and deleted the unavailable to register exact-match domain names, it should be a lot quicker than it takes me currently, when evaluating a long list of "unknown" search phrases

Old 01-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Contributing Member

Wow that is amazing I never thought of this idea that you can sell keywords, now that you think about it it's worth it because just look how many people are complaining that they can't find the right keywords for their blog or website.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Contributing Member

I think if you master in micro niche website formation .. you won't sell them instead you will earn thousands of $$$ via affiliate.. Think about it.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoproservices View Post
I think if you master in micro niche website formation .. you won't sell them instead you will earn thousands of $$$ via affiliate.. Think about it.
You don`t have to master it but yea,you could make a lot.But selling keywords can mean quick cash if you need it right now.You could get like 10 decent ones in half an hour,or less,and if you keep the price above 50$,that`s 500$...but i would charge more...think about that...

Old 12-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Contributing Member

A search landed me here. I also had this idea last night of selling keyword lists. I have to setup a micro site to test the viability of it and be sure I'm picking these words correctly.

I have tried autoblogging, but it becomes too spammy. I'm trying a micro site with 10 articles, and then marketing those articles in various ways to see if I can generate some traffic. The only problem is this takes months to know if it actually works before getting Pagerank assigned and traffic trickle in.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovy View Post
A search landed me here. I also had this idea last night of selling keyword lists. I have to setup a micro site to test the viability of it and be sure I'm picking these words correctly.

I have tried autoblogging, but it becomes too spammy. I'm trying a micro site with 10 articles, and then marketing those articles in various ways to see if I can generate some traffic. The only problem is this takes months to know if it actually works before getting Pagerank assigned and traffic trickle in.
For someone like you who knows a lot about SEO, you should make sure you are doing things the legal way that won't get you or anyone banned if you sell anything.

Autoblogging is no longer the popular method now. It was when it first rolled out but Google started to put a stop to the AutoBlogging industry. More panda updates will roll out in 2012 and no one knows what those changes will be.

This just my 2 cents. In the future, if the thread is well over 6 months old, start a new thread and you can always link to the old thread as a reference.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread