Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

8 Good Reasons Why Spinning Articles is Bad for your Website

The people who spin content need to read this blog post.

Quote:
Article marketing is one of today’s most popular ways of marketing products, services, ideas or even an entire business. Unfortunately, the article marketing spectrum has been tainted primarily due to the greed of many Internet marketers.

Tons of article spinning software have flooded the Internet. Needless to say, article marketing has become an efficient way of building hundreds if not thousands of backlinks. However, automatic articles spinning with the use of a spinning software is deemed as a black hat SEO technique that can seriously hurt a website’s search rankings and page rank.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/e...website/37737/

Care to add your

Last edited by snakeair; 01-13-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Banned

You know what, I really do not spin my articles. I really create my own and really give effort on creating one other than spinning articles and then re-using it. In the end, my website will be the one to suffer as well as its reputation online.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 AM

It is a fact, I will never put a 'spun' article on my website. However, I do spin articles for backlinking purposes, but I do it with a slight diference.

I have had great success with spinning PLR material with a piece of software which spins up to 10 diferent PLR articles on the same topic at paragraph level. This software automatically includes a intro paragraph and a conclusion.

My results in Google have proved to me that Google loves it. Again this is all PLR but each paragraph comes from a diferent article on the same topic - Works like a charm, is much better than PLR and because it is styled as a "tips" template it makes perfect readable sense.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Contributing Member

Hi.
Even me do not use the spin articles because it sometimes contains duplicate contents, keyword stuffing and due to this it will badly effect your site page ranking. It will be good if you create your own contents as that looks unique and original and moreover Google also likes it and increase the page ranking of your site.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

I've really never understood the concept of article spinning. I look at article writing as something that will benefit a consumer if they read my article. Spinning the article just feels dirty and I treat it just like spam. Make the internet a better place and you will be rewarded for that!

Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Contributing Member

IMO, it's really not good to use article spinning software as it produces low-quality articles which can give a negative perception to your company. In order for you to gain your reader's trust, you should write a unique article that is useful or valuable them.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Contributing Member

I have considered using Spinning software, but never did. I am glad of that now. Just to spend my time creating original articles, link wheels and submissions. Thanks for putting my mind at rest

Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachrealtor View Post
I've really never understood the concept of article spinning. I look at article writing as something that will benefit a consumer if they read my article. Spinning the article just feels dirty and I treat it just like spam. Make the internet a better place and you will be rewarded for that!
I used to do a bit of article spinning and it does definitely work from a back link/ranking perspective, but as you mentioned, it feels dirty and spammy - and that is why I stopped. I knows focus on single articles and guest posts.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Contributing Member

Article spinning can work great if you do it MANUALLY. Software spinners are garbage compared to writing an original article, then spinning each sentence two times for 3 unqiue spins per sentence. Works great for me and my clients!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Contributing Member

I've always been against article spinning. I'm a firm believer in unique content and unique views on said content. By posting your OWN articles, written by an actual writer or by yourself. It's the unique view and perspective as well as opinions that make good content and that make people want to return and/or comment etc.

Spinning articles is just another form of theft in my mind. You're taking an article someone spent time and effort into writing and merely replacing words and repeating them. Plagiarism is all it is...

Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

that is a way better then manually spinning them, would love to see some of your spinned articles. would you be kind enough to tell me the name of the software which helps you in spinning the article.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-dir View Post
that is a way better then manually spinning them, would love to see some of your spinned articles. would you be kind enough to tell me the name of the software which helps you in spinning the article.
Who are you referring to?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucegmarketing View Post
Article spinning can work great if you do it MANUALLY. Software spinners are garbage compared to writing an original article, then spinning each sentence two times for 3 unqiue spins per sentence. Works great for me and my clients!
This is definitely true. Rewriting an article at the sentence or paragraph level is a lot easier than writing new articles from scratch, but it feels like a new article to the reader. I've seen tools that help with rewriting or providing outlines to base an article on that will produce much better results than spinning.

The word-by-word spun articles are usually such poor quality as to not be worth publishing. Unless you've got really good spin software, the spinning process requires a lot of tweaking before you get something that's even readable, let alone good. That time would be much better spent rewriting articles manually.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web