Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 12-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

5 Common Misconceptions About SEO Copywriting

Before you post a response, check out this blog post first. You may want to add onto the 5 mistakes or add a few more.

Quote:
1. All You Need Do is Pay Someone $5 to Churn Out Keyword Stuffed Articles.

Dont even think about it. The panda update should have given you a heads up that content now has to be all about the quality (just ask ezine articles or any of the other article farms who took a massive spanking). Dont think that you are saving yourself money by hiring the cheapest writers either chances are that English wont be their first language and your site will end up bulked out with keyword rich content that no one wants to read and search engines don't particularly care about. If you don't like writing yourself then...
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...nceptions.html

Please share your thoughts on the 5 mistakes mentioned and feel free to add a few more to this list. I'd suggest that you backup your response if you add something new to this list.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 04:05 AM
Contributing Member

That's true! Google hates articles that are created using mathematical tables drawn in alphabetical orders! I believe from SEO perspective the best method to create articles fast enough is to read two or three articles on the same article and then create a gist of the partial memory that is retained.. So that you get unique + articles having facts!

Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Banned

I totally agree with TechUpdated. That is what I do and my concience is clear after I am done.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeping4dsun View Post
I totally agree with TechUpdated. That is what I do and my concience is clear after I am done.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 PM

Thank you for refreshing my mind, as I will agree totally agree with the shared articles points, to add any of my thoughts would go something like this:

Any and all articles written must be focused on the readers benefit, and not the search engine rankings at all. I feel that may sound odd for some seo copywriters. As clearly stated with the 5 misconceptions about seo copy-writing.
And surely, if you give your time and energy to write an article, you will want to see some return from your efforts.

The first benefit you will see, is that, your potential customer will benefit and get to know you better and also what you offer. Thus, through your article, you have gained a quality visitor. And because (most of the time) your article will talk about your online field (your niche), that is automatically a good signal to search engines. And the back link clicked to your site is definitely a good sign of seo copy writing. And search engines keep an eye out for that as well.

To be effective and efficient seo copywriter, it is always good to connect with your visitors on different levels, your words used (whether on your website, or anywhere online (including article directories) needs to allow your visitors envision the image you want to relay on to them, because at the end of it all, as we all know, internet is just that, a means of communication. And sprinklings your keywords (intelligently) in the flow of that communication is basically called seo copy-writing.

Once again, the subject of communication comes first (not the keywords) as in what you want to communicate to your customers wants, and blending keywords within that communication good place to start.

Well that's my opinion

Old 01-14-2012, 04:53 PM

A true SEO content writer - someone who really knows what they are doing - will write an article with something unique to say.

You can't just rehash what is already all over the Web, throw in some keywords, and hope to rank well on Google. The Google Panda updates have done a terrific job of separating the wheat from the chaff in that regard.

More and more, your content has to present a new idea for your topic. If you can't do that, it's better not to write an article until you can. The reason is that Google Panda will penalize your ENTIRE site if you have pages that Google considers to be of low quality.

Last edited by snakeair; 01-14-2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: self promo removed

Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Contributing Member

Has anyone had trouble with duplicate content while using certain common phrases like 'one of the most famous' etc while copywriting?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:02 PM

"All You Need Do is Pay Someone $5 to Churn Out Keyword Stuffed Articles."

I wish someone would conduct a study and see how many people actually respond to content that looks like it was written by a five-year-old, along with their creepy, flashy, seizure-inducing websites. I think if a website claiming to be a legitimate business has one typo on its home page, that should send up red flags. That would never fly in a traditional business environment. If these folks can't be bothered to pay a few bucks to a copyeditor who actually speaks their target language to clean up their copy a bit, I wouldn't touch whatever product it is they're foisting on weak-minded individuals with a ten-foot pole. If Google's algorithm doesn't take poor grammar and egregious color schemes into consideration, I think that's a shame.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:42 AM

As Google continues to unveil the "500 algo improvements"....we can see the panda and associates "eating" pages and websites........

The web is getting an enema........way past due....

And the chomping goes on and on......))))))))))))))

Old 02-02-2012, 11:49 AM

cheap articles def won't help - but most articles on a specific topic share almost the same keywords!? how google identifies the original articles from the copied?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web