Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21  
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Dreamrage's Avatar
Dreamrage Dreamrage is offline
Blue Rose Mentor
 
Join Date: 01-11-11
Location: South Africa
Posts: 5,024
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klo View Post
Although ironically, that's what these million-dollar Internet gurus are promising their unfortunate customers in their e-mails and exorbitantly priced e-books and courses. I guess that's where the money's at, if you can sleep at night doing that sort of thing. I just want to run my own show and do it on a shoestring, 'cause that's all I got
Not really. There are many "gurus" out there that sell hype. "Do this and you will make thousands instantly". Their ebooks are generally a rehash or outright copy of just about any other ebook out there. Many fall into that trap and then don't know why their campaign bombed instead of making money. Ebooks with MRR's included are just as bad. Those things are about as unique as the fact that everyone in the world has two eyes.

Writing is excellent though. They can make a decent profit if their writing is of high quality, and can even be in demand. Especially now that unique, quality content is important for business owners.

Good luck though, I hope it all works out well for you.
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22  
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Klo's Avatar
Klo Klo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-12-11
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thank you, but I'm afraid I misunderstand why you disagree. Gurus sell hype, we are agreed there. "Make thousands instantly" is an outright lie and an unreasonable expectation, we are agreed there also.

That's the ugly side of the Internet, and I want nothing to do with that. I see guys like this Yaro Starak all over the place marketing to people about how to get rich by marketing to people about how to get rich. It's really no different from multilevel marketing, pyramid scams. Their product offers nothing of real value to anyone - they all just want to get rich right now and they don't care what lies they have to feed desperate people to get there. I'm under the impression we enjoy kindred views of these people.

A well-functioning, smart-marketed e-commerce op or online service that generates a comparably modest revenue but offers something besides amulets and fairy dust is what I would consider a smashing success. As you said, writing's a fine business too, o'course
 
  #23  
Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Dreamrage's Avatar
Dreamrage Dreamrage is offline
Blue Rose Mentor
 
Join Date: 01-11-11
Location: South Africa
Posts: 5,024
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klo View Post
Thank you, but I'm afraid I misunderstand why you disagree. Gurus sell hype, we are agreed there. "Make thousands instantly" is an outright lie and an unreasonable expectation, we are agreed there also.

That's the ugly side of the Internet, and I want nothing to do with that. I see guys like this Yaro Starak all over the place marketing to people about how to get rich by marketing to people about how to get rich. It's really no different from multilevel marketing, pyramid scams. Their product offers nothing of real value to anyone - they all just want to get rich right now and they don't care what lies they have to feed desperate people to get there. I'm under the impression we enjoy kindred views of these people.

A well-functioning, smart-marketed e-commerce op or online service that generates a comparably modest revenue but offers something besides amulets and fairy dust is what I would consider a smashing success. As you said, writing's a fine business too, o'course
exactly. You get some really fantastic sites out there that are different and actually offer a really good product or service, becoming part of that is an awesome business opportunity.

I apologize though, The people on the wrong side of the net target people that are new to the area, and I did not want to see that happen to you, or anyone else. Its an area in marketing I feel really strongly about, and have been advising against it for a while now.

Some writers I have seen online get anything up to $100 (sometimes more) an article, once they have been in the market for a while and have established themselves as authorities.
 
  #24  
Old 03-15-2012, 12:08 PM
DarwinEvolution's Avatar
DarwinEvolution DarwinEvolution is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 03-14-12
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hey Klo! Web development has been a passion of mine for many years and I get this question a lot or I tend to encourage my friends with this idea.

Everyone has a passion, don't think about the money, because when you do, you have the wrong motivation. I'd always say, start a blog, wordpress is an easy way to go about it. You don't need to be technical and just follow steps, its simple anyone can work it.

Now with the passion part... do you like travelling? Do you enjoy tasting different culinary? Are you an avid sports person? The things we love to do in life, if we write about them, share our experiences, give some suggestions... I'm sure there is tons to talk about and there will be people out there looking for this kind of info to read!

Once you have enough content and a steady growing viewer rate, you can start thinking about monitization (why not get paid to share what you're passionate about? =] ).

Keep the content fresh and update frequently, and be dedicated into growing your blog. That's really all there is to it, just stick with it long enough and the product of this will be some nice residual cash rewards!

Just don't give up, I see this too often, if you're willing to stick it out you'll make it!

Wishing you all the best in your en devours!

Cheers!
 
  #25  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Klo's Avatar
Klo Klo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-12-11
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
I apologize though, The people on the wrong side of the net target people that are new to the area, and I did not want to see that happen to you, or anyone else. Its an area in marketing I feel really strongly about, and have been advising against it for a while now.
No need to apologize. I would warn me too!
 
  #26  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
apostars's Avatar
apostars apostars is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 03-29-10
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Choose the Subject of Your Personal Website Wisely

This page is geared more toward those wanting to design personal websites or maybe find ideas for blogs and I hope it will help you with new website ideas and tips to get you started on the Internet. Below you'll find a complete list of personal website starter ideas for web design inspiration.

Choose the one (or two) that best fits your area of interest or expertise. You'll find that there are many options on the Web.
Continued at: http://www.webmastercourse.com/articles/101/personal/

Last edited by snakeair; 03-15-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: add quotes and source
 
  #27  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Klo's Avatar
Klo Klo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-12-11
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinEvolution View Post
Now with the passion part... do you like travelling? Do you enjoy tasting different culinary? Are you an avid sports person? The things we love to do in life, if we write about them, share our experiences, give some suggestions... I'm sure there is tons to talk about and there will be people out there looking for this kind of info to read!
I have enough passions to make my head spin

Web development and marketing initially caught my interest because I'm fascinated with the potential of the Internet to do great things. I suspect one day everyone will wake up and realize its capacity to finally put a stop to this unnatural 9-to-5 nonsense.

Seriously though, I am one of those lucky people who really likes my job already, but as you say, being able to base your work on your passions is another step up from that. I'll tell you what my biggest hang-up with writing about my passions is, though: I quickly find out how much I still don't know about them! Silly thing to worry about, I know
 
  #28  
Old 03-16-2012, 07:38 AM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klo View Post
I have enough passions to make my head spin

Web development and marketing initially caught my interest because I'm fascinated with the potential of the Internet to do great things. I suspect one day everyone will wake up and realize its capacity to finally put a stop to this unnatural 9-to-5 nonsense.

Seriously though, I am one of those lucky people who really likes my job already, but as you say, being able to base your work on your passions is another step up from that. I'll tell you what my biggest hang-up with writing about my passions is, though: I quickly find out how much I still don't know about them! Silly thing to worry about, I know
I'm just like you. I am still doing my 9 to 5 day job in the career i wanted for the past 13 years but have a passion to make money online.

Everyday i'm motivated to make at least $1 or increase my traffic. I go through my ups and downs as i test out new things but i'm always motivated about this online stuff.

In some countries, it doesn't take much money to make a living online but in the USA it takes a lot of money to be able to leave the day job and make a full living online. If i can't make a stable income then i won't leave the day job. Google can slap a penalty on your sites with a single click and wipe out all your income so always have backup idea's to earn money. One day you'll find something that enables you to leave the day job if you wish to.

I used to worry so much but now I just do what ever i want when it comes to my blog. Just be yourself and don't try to act like someone that you are not.
 
  #29  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
DarwinEvolution's Avatar
DarwinEvolution DarwinEvolution is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 03-14-12
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klo View Post
Web development and marketing initially caught my interest because I'm fascinated with the potential of the Internet to do great things. I suspect one day everyone will wake up and realize its capacity to finally put a stop to this unnatural 9-to-5 nonsense.
You are definitely right about that, the 9-5 is very unnatural especially in this time and age. It's a paradigm that was carried over by the industrial revolution. It's time to wake up and see the new world of technology, marketing has shifted from the newspapers and magazines to online, lets capitalize on it, have some fun, work whenever we want to!
 
  #30  
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM
paulkingston paulkingston is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-21-11
Posts: 131
iTrader: 0 / 0%
i am fed up of visitors thing
i am not able to get good traffic
help me with your experiences
 
  #31  
Old 03-21-2012, 11:31 AM
DarwinEvolution's Avatar
DarwinEvolution DarwinEvolution is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 03-14-12
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
@paulkingston

Whats your blog url or niche of your site? Every niche has a specific way it should be marketed to gain most visitors. If the content is there you just have to stick with it and tough it out. You'll see the rewards eventually
 
  #32  
Old 03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
TheRACK's Avatar
TheRACK TheRACK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-13-10
Location: Michigan
Posts: 714
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hello there!

This is a good question that alot of people have.
When you find your niche you'll know it. There's alot more information and resources available today then ever before. If you know where to look and how to take advantage of them you can really make an established brand in any industry.

Theres a couple idea's i can throw your way, If your looking just to gain experience, and maybe make a few bucks you can always do one of the these.

- Start a Local Business Directory
- Pick something to promote, goto business's sell ad space and directory fee.
Sounds dumb, but you can charge $10 for a year, $25 lifetime ect. Everyone wants to be listed on the net. Now you have your own little yellowpages for your local city, county or state that shouldn't take long to get traffic.

I have a michigan club website that I do pretty well at you could turn out few 100$ a week or 1,000s monthly ^^

Second suggestion is... if you want something with alot of traffic sorta like a wallpaper site. Think upcoming holiday.

Maybe start a local FIREWORKS website. So local audiences can find firework shows, times places ect. It wont get much business or traffic till peak seasons, but come june-august my websites peak millions of hits mainly casue im also sponsored and involved with local marketing in some places.

Those are 2 good ideas that can give you work, $$$, traffic and experience pretty quickly. If your looking for some knock-off sites, run a couple blogs and self-promote between them.

Goodluck friend!
jay~
 
  #33  
Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Klo's Avatar
Klo Klo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-12-11
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I used to worry so much but now I just do what ever i want when it comes to my blog. Just be yourself and don't try to act like someone that you are not.
This is great advice and I try to apply it in all of my writing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRACK View Post
Second suggestion is... if you want something with alot of traffic sorta like a wallpaper site. Think upcoming holiday.

Maybe start a local FIREWORKS website. So local audiences can find firework shows, times places ect. It wont get much business or traffic till peak seasons, but come june-august my websites peak millions of hits mainly casue im also sponsored and involved with local marketing in some places.
This is an interesting idea, and I've considered it before but I wondered what the catch was. I am curious to hear from folks who have had success with this model. I think if it worked, it would be the most fun because you could run multiple different businesses year-round and try out different things!

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 03-21-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: merged posts
 
  #34  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 PM
kju385's Avatar
kju385 kju385 is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-29-11
Location: Croatia
Posts: 654
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The topic should be renamed "In search of the most fun yet highly profitable website ideas"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klo View Post
I am curious to hear from folks who have had success with this model.
Now now, I'm not in the business but somehow I doubt that they'll be willing to share their professional secrets to someone aspiring to become their competition

Some great ideas came from this thread, got me thinking as well
 
  #35  
Old 03-21-2012, 08:50 PM
snakeair snakeair is offline
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018
 
Join Date: 12-31-07
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 54,771
iTrader: 3 / 100%
It would be a lot easier if i won the lottery so i could have lots of money to invest in a online business.
 
  #36  
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Greg79 Greg79 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-26-12
Posts: 69
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You could write an eBook, or create a classified ads website for instance? Or maybe a community (webdesign, cinema, music...) with adsense ads to make money on the side?
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help and ideas with building a website chadlv Web Design Lobby 1 08-24-2011 02:43 PM
Best Ideas For Two Product Website SteveW SEO Forum 4 08-22-2011 07:14 AM
Website ideas! AZ_Scott Web Design Lobby 6 04-07-2010 03:15 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC