Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Contributing Member

2500 Daily Unique Visitors and 1$ Earning. How Disgusting

Before Developing My Own Website, I had heard that there is lot of earning in the field of web. Then I Developed my own website (You can see in signature) and Start Promoting it. Now My Website is more than 9 Months Old and It has 2500+ Daily Unique Visitors, 27000+ Daily Page Views and My Earning is Only 1$ and some thing per day. at this time, I am using Clicksor and Smowtion Ad Network. I am much Disappointed. I tried a lot to find a good paying network but now one accepted my site. I applied for buysellads, but they did not approved my site. Google Adsense also rejected my site. I used adbrite, chitika and bidvertiser but they pay very low. I have tried almost all of the possible networks but no benefit. Now, I need your advice. Please suggest me that what should I do Now? Should I sell my site? Is there any way that can help me yet? Or Is this traffic is not enough to earn about 5-6$ daily?
Please guide me, I will wait for your kind reply.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 10:28 AM
v7n Mentor

It could be that the visitors you are getting aren't interested in the ads you are showing. I'm not sure that any type of ads on a site like this would be very profitable, since people are coming to watch movies and are likely to ignore ads.

Maybe a better strategy would be to only offer 1/3 or 1/2 of your movies for free, and offer the rest with a cheap subscription? Even if it only cost $1 or $2 a month, I bet you would make more that way than just trying ads.

As a side note, I had trouble even finding an ad when I visited your site. Then when I finally found it and clicked, my browser prevented it from opening in a pop-up window. Maybe before you resort to a subscription service, you should consider some other ad networks that will not cause this popup blocking problem.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

Rashid,

I also have a streaming movie site.
With 500 to 800 pageviews a day, i only earn $0.60 to $1.50 a day. I know it's low but good enough for me.

Comparing to your 27,000 daily pageviews, you are indeed getting way lower than mine

I suspect it must be your placement of ADs that's making them not to click it.
Try to change your ad placement and experiment.

Good luck!

Old 07-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member

How are you two guys with the video streams able to even afford to put the website up and pay for bandwidth? Your earnings seem very low compared to the traffic. Are Indian web hosts that cheap? Are they open to Americans? Besides that, I don't see much comments really. No one interacts. There is no community. Maybe start a new one with a more niche market toward younger viewers (people who spend a lot of money not middle age guys who just want to watch free movie at home) Who wants to advertise to people who don't buy anything. I bet if they were the 18-25yr demographic, they would advertise on your site.

@Jackdi how are you showing American movies? I thought the movie studios and ISPs were hunting down users via their ISPs now? If that's the case how are you even getting people from the US to visit your site?

It looks like you dont host the movies, just link to them. Thats not illegal? If anything, I'd say your site might get shut down by the authorities sooner or later.

Last edited by steiner; 07-28-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner View Post
How are you two guys with the video streams able to even afford to put the website up and pay for bandwidth? Your earnings seem very low compared to the traffic. Are Indian web hosts that cheap? Are they open to Americans? Besides that, I don't see much comments really. No one interacts. There is no community. Maybe start a new one with a more niche market toward younger viewers (people who spend a lot of money not middle age guys who just want to watch free movie at home) Who wants to advertise to people who don't buy anything. I bet if they were the 18-25yr demographic, they would advertise on your site.

@Jackdi how are you showing American movies? I thought the movie studios and ISPs were hunting down users via their ISPs now? If that's the case how are you even getting people from the US to visit your site?

It looks like you dont host the movies, just link to them. Thats not illegal? If anything, I'd say your site might get shut down by the authorities sooner or later.
Hello Steiner,

I've seen Rashid's website. You can actually see that he is just using video embeds. Meaning, the actual videos are hosted somewhere else like Youtube, DailyMotion, etc. Although it does eat bandwidth but way much lesser compared to hosting the videos yourself.

If movie websites do not provide "upload" system, most viewers just come and watch the movies and then leave after they finish watching them. Just an IMO though.

-----

Yes, i am providing links for US Movies. I do not host any single video myself. I get the source links from the bigger fishes in the ocean which even accepts uploading of full movie length videos. And they are still alive. ... I myself is also wondering why they're still online...

And honestly, i am NOT paying for hosting -- its free dude! I only pay for the domain name which is about $12 a year. ( I

US Traffic? ..im sure you know about SEO. Im a newbie so im struggling to make things work. But im ok....

Off Topic:
If US Authorities are really firm on hunting down websites like these, they must LOCK-UP the video uploading and hosting sites first like vidreel, xtshare, vidbox, etc... If sites like these do not exist, websites like mine will cease to exist as well. Thanks for the worries mate... honestly, i am expecting mine to be hit within 5 to 10 years time.

Last edited by jackdi; 07-28-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Banned

I would get rid of the popups. You don't make much from them and people tend to leave sites that utilize popups.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member

You are showing copyrighted content and so it is illegal. Leaving aside the moral and leagal aspects, it is not easy to make money when you have such a site and no quality CPC will accept you. Better do something legal - make a site with quality legal content that will be accepted by adsense.

There are better ways to monitize Indian traffic using affiliate programs of top ecommerce and other sites, but I would seriously advise you to do something better.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

Jackdi:

I am very green too. I just read about SEO frOm a couple of sites. I tend to read about them from forums where old school techies go to. They usually don't run blogs for a living... More like programmers and such like my Indian friend.

I thought movie links were illegal too. That's why some movie sites that only provide links get shut down. I used to go to this site that rated and linked to mega video uploads but they went out 2 yrs ago. I don't watch movies online.

I am intending to learn how to make some spending money on the side so when school starts I can have a small revenue stream this fall.

Thanks for the info tho.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

Alem:

What is CPC? Client provided content? What do you mean he can use affiliate program content? Newbie talk pls.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

Try this ad networks alternatives
http://www.v7n.com/forums/webmaster-...ml#post1904916

Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Contributing Member

The intrusive ads you have on your website do not report more than the Adsense ads.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM
v7n Mentor

I haven't tried them, but you may want to look into adfly. You may have to do some url rewriting or you could try it going forward with new content you add. It basically has a forced interstitial that forces some sort of user action, non popup.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atyq View Post
The intrusive ads you have on your website do not report more than the Adsense ads.
ATYQ:
You actually make money from your blog? How is it? Just curious. I saw a question that said, what is a printer. :p

Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 AM

The main problem you are having is that your website and the ad on it are not related e.g your site deals with watching movie online while the ad is about internet stuff or likes. Most of your visitors will be there to watch movie and their interest is on movies NOT on internet advert. Therefore, they will not click anything. Try to make research on the best niches online from Google then design another website on it. Things will change. What I can just see to this is that you will not find it difficult to drag traffic to your new site since you have had enough experience from your first site. Good luck.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM

may be should offer video cds selling affiliates which are now a days popular. Also try to use the CPA networks like bank ads which runs credit card leads like that they will get you more. even if 5 persons fills up, you will get your $10 target

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue