Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 08-08-2012, 05:58 PM

I'm new here with some questions

First I want to say hello.I'm glad that I was able to find a forum that would allow me to ask questions as a new member without paying a membership fee.

I recently started a blog for fun about app reviews.I enjoy doing it but I've found that it's hard to make money in that niche.I have tried Adsense on another site attempt a few years ago.I know that it doesn't pay well.I put an app review request form page on my blog.I have gotten a few responses but people don't even want to pay $5 for a review.

I found a site that gave me three Ebooks for $5 by subscribing.One of them came with resell rights.It's a 78 page guide on how to start and market a site.This is actually a very useful guide.I just don't know where to start to sell it.

I know that you can't sell it on eBay unless it's placed on a cd.I'm not sure if you can sell an ebook that you didn't author on Amazon or not.One of the conditions of resell rights is that you can't take out the original author's name or link to their site.

I don't know if I should put the basis of the ebook into my own words in another ebook or if I should just give up on this opportunity.I am probably going to be laid off from my job in October or November.I have another job lined up.I just need to find a way to make $500 to $700 a month somewhere else.I would rather do something at home or online.

Thanks for listening to my post.I appreciate any help or advice.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda77 View Post
First I want to say hello.I'm glad that I was able to find a forum that would allow me to ask questions as a new member without paying a membership fee.

I recently started a blog for fun about app reviews.I enjoy doing it but I've found that it's hard to make money in that niche.I have tried Adsense on another site attempt a few years ago.I know that it doesn't pay well.I put an app review request form page on my blog.I have gotten a few responses but people don't even want to pay $5 for a review.

I found a site that gave me three Ebooks for $5 by subscribing.One of them came with resell rights.It's a 78 page guide on how to start and market a site.This is actually a very useful guide.I just don't know where to start to sell it.

I know that you can't sell it on eBay unless it's placed on a cd.I'm not sure if you can sell an ebook that you didn't author on Amazon or not.One of the conditions of resell rights is that you can't take out the original author's name or link to their site.

I don't know if I should put the basis of the ebook into my own words in another ebook or if I should just give up on this opportunity.I am probably going to be laid off from my job in October or November.I have another job lined up.I just need to find a way to make $500 to $700 a month somewhere else.I would rather do something at home or online.

Thanks for listening to my post.I appreciate any help or advice.
Be careful of ebooks with resale rights. These ebooks tend to float around the internet for many years and not even updated with current information.

Example would be a ebook about SEO tips. If this ebook was from 2 years ago or even 1 year ago, it will have information in there that could get your website slapped with a google penalty if you followed that advice. Google makes algorithm changes each month basically and the ebook creator usually never updates his or her ebook. He or she just makes money off selling it for so cheap.

If you have a lot of knowledge in one niche or a industry that you know, why not write your own ebook to sell. You know it would be top quality and up-to-date information as you wrote the thing yourself with careful research. You could even give out resale rights but charge a few dollars extra to give them access.

You could give ebooks away to your websites subscribers if you wanted to, add affiliate links in the ebook to products so if you give it away for free, there is a chance you will make commission's if the person purchase's something through your affiliate link in the ebook.

When I hear ebooks, I think of this website. www.buymystupidebook.com

I wrote a blog post few weeks ago about ebooks and my true thoughts on them.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

Agreed with snakeair on taking advantage of ebook with resale rights.

Not sure whether the site that give you eBooks is Fiverr? If yes and if you think that ebook is valuable one, you may want to repackage it (e.g. add on other valuable ebooks) and resell it back in Fiverr.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

I agree that reselling on fiverr is a good idea. You might also want to just post random parts of it as articles for article marketing.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Contributing Member

Better you go for your own e books that sells well because its written by you by your personal knowledge and that will stand out in crowd.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 PM

As suggested above, I'd avoid ebooks to. It would be much better to write your own ebooks on a topic you have a great deal of knowledge on, rather than just re-writing one in your own words.

Try and get a skill that's valuable online, such as SEO, or web design... It's pretty hard making money online now days, but if you're good at something desired by others, then you should be able to sort something out.

Regards

Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
As suggested above, I'd avoid ebooks to. It would be much better to write your own ebooks on a topic you have a great deal of knowledge on, rather than just re-writing one in your own words.
I totally agree! I tried my luck with resale right stuff in the past (ebooks, audio, video) and while I know it can be a successful business model, I don't recommend most people to try it.

Instead, it's a lot more rewarding if you create your own content around a subject you're passionate and knowledgeable about (thus, build a great site on the subject).

There are many benefits to this approach as opposed to selling resale right eBooks, but let's just not get there now.

Quote:
Try and get a skill that's valuable online, such as SEO, or web design... It's pretty hard making money online now days, but if you're good at something desired by others, then you should be able to sort something out.
For one, I disagree: it's not too hard to make money online, but I know what you mean: it's harder than it used to be in the past. However, it's still doable and you can make a LOT of money.

And again I totally agree, it all depends whether you can offer your knowledge to help others solve a problem or gain a benefit.

As you know: "How much money you make is a byproduct of how helpful you are".

Steve

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue