Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Writing Great Headlines – 6 Routes To Success

This should not be new information to everyone but take a look at the blog post anyways.

Quote:
Writing great headlines are a surefire way to supercharge your traffic – after all, in the blogging world, first impressions count. By definition, you’ll only get one shot at doing right. Ergo, it’s essential that you nail it at the outset. Your article or post title says a lot about what you’re going to discuss, why the browsing public at large should click through and what you’re bringing to the table. Considering what’s on the line, it makes sense to make sure that you’re writing great headlines for maximum effect. Here are 6 quick tips to send you on the road to success…
Continued at: http://basicblogtips.com/writing-great-headlines.html

Any thoughts on the 6 tips mentioned?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 PM

I have good tip for those who are experts in some niche but have not good ideas about headlines which draw the readers' attention. Some websites where authors can submit their articles - e. g. Ezine Articles or Hubpages - offer headline suggestion tool.

How does it work? You select some category or enter keywords related to your niche and the tool will suggest some nice headline ideas. As I know, the headlines are created by the staff so you do not need to worry about the content created by some software.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM

One of the main reasons I clicked on this thread was because of the title, "6 Routes..." is succinct and I know I would get good tips in a short amount of time. However I don't like the A/B split testing tip because I don't see how you can find a direct correlation between title type and traffic. Certain subject types attract more people and I think it'd be tough to narrow down a style.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:18 PM

all that aside, I have found that certain niches have one or two adjectives that when included in your YOUTUBE videos seem to really boost traffic. Its a matter of you find the top 2 or 3 and using them among the rest of the title you want to say.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web