Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue

Webmaster Revenue Discuss money making strategies, ideas to monetize your website or blog, tips and techniques to increase webmaster revenue, etc. This forum is NOT for promoting your own site or referral link.

Share |
Old 12-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Best Popups, fullpage, inline

Im new to this forum, so i apologize if i asked something which has already been addressed. I just found this site and loved the discussions so decided to join. I run a news website finance based and get around 1.5-2M impressions a month. We used to use a finance oriented advertising agency, they were really good (and sweetened the deal for us), but as people mention hear adsense is the best.

Right now we run three adsense units in prime locations and media.net BTF on sidebar. RPM for each google ad is over $3, Media.net is about $0.85. We asked google for fourth they said no, but said our current placement for 3 units was optimal.

A few questions: Is there a good unit for BTF which pays higher than $0.85?

We are thinking of running either inline, fullpage or pop up (not all three), but wanted to see options. We tried adbrite for fullpage and pay was awful. Any suggestions? This is my main question.

Additionally, we are thinking of running text links, we used vibrantmedia.com in past, does anyone know of higher paying agency?

Finally, we just started to realize mobile is becoming bigger. Besides a taboola unit we run (GREAT PAY) and a few adsense units, anyone have suggestions for best way to monetize mobile?

Sorry if i asked too many questions, if anyone can answer any especially the main question would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Popups are annoying to most webmasters and people can blog popups from there browser settings so you wouldn't make any real money doing this.

Fullpage ads are also annoying to me. I get to a website, start to read some content and BAM a full page ad pop's up. That annoy's me so I tend to sometimes leave the website even though I might of missed readign an excellent article.

If your adsense ads isn't making enough money that you think you could make with them, it never hurts to switch up ad placement or even the colors of the text/links in the ad's. Sometimes 1 tiny change can make a big difference and no way to explain why.

With your amount of impressions, have you used buysellads.com to sell banner ads? Your website should have no problem getting approved with the amount of traffic you have.

Adbrite is not that good period, don't matter if you use there regular ads or full page ad's. I just hate them. lol

Have you took a look at http://chitika.com/publishers/mobile-ads yet?

Your websites design is mobile responsive right?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue