Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web

Writing For The Web Need help with SEO copywriting, marketing copy, or just need ideas for writing creative articles or effective ads? Let's work together to learn more about writing for the web!

Share |
Old 01-31-2012, 12:12 PM

Great writers dont write for the web

I think great writers are writing ebooks or for newspapers some of them write for the web but they are not going to work for 5$ , but if your are lucky you can get a novel writer.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM

You can find some on fiver. Cheap but may not be that great writers.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Contributing Member

Check the market. Look for writing samples from real people through their blogs, publications, etc. Propose a contract and submit to the author.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:56 PM

In my experience, cheap and quality don't go hand in hand.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

In light of the recent Google updates, quality articles are important. If you are unable to write them yourself then outsourcing this task is not going to be easy. There are still article writers out there that spin content and just write poor articles that are keyword stuffed. Finding the best writer or company to use is very important.

Let's get back to answering the OP's question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwo View Post
Is there a secret place where all the great writers are hiding? I tried looking on oDesk and Elance, but it was either;
  • poor writing skills and very cheap or
  • a great writer, but just too expensive

What to do, what to do? How much do you pay for a well written 500 word article?

Last edited by snakeair; 05-13-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

Actually, I can't be very precise in citing where great writers can be found. We have different definition of a GREAT WRITER. I think we have to be in the same plate in defining a great writer.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

The absolute majority of great writers are hiding deep down the Earth in their cosy graves. And some are waiting for this precious moment flooding Web with perfect first-class poop-texts at Fiverr and sites like that.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

I think when hiring or looking for article writers online, you need to be clear about what you need, what kind of articles you want to be written for you, and how much are you willing to pay. This will allow you and potential writers who will work for you have a clear head start and it will also narrow down the writers who can compromise to your specific needs.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Contributing Member

I think the current way we look at investing in writers is wrong. It was for me at least. My initial question was; where do I find good writers? Back then, writers were either cheap and poor quality, or good and very expensive.

In light of all the recent updates to search engines, I now believe that writers are the pinnacle of what our success as online markets is determined by. We need to have good quality content on our sites, and there's no way around that.

... and really that's a good thing! we should, as people fortunate enough to have the know-how to produce content on the Internet, to give people quality information.

Ultimately, making a quick buck online is becoming more difficult. Find out your break-even point, work out your ROI for that next high quality writer, hire her, publish the content and market it as much as possible. If the content is good enough, and if you market it to the right people, I'm sure you'll be rewarded by a positive ROI.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM

I've just gone through the gambit of writing. I try to please my clients as I know they're investing hard earned money.

I negotiate my costs depending on the client's requirements. There are great writers around for reasonable prices, and you've found a forum like this one that you can start searching from.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrywheeler View Post
The only experience I've had with writing services has been terrible. The ones I've used provided one or two quality articles at first, then submitted spun articles that made no sense. They wanted payment upfront and I was left with 10 useless articles.
I agree, if you do not want to write yourself stick to freelance sites that only hire American Citizens that way the grammar will at least be good

Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Contributing Member

From a writer's perspective:
If you pay peanuts, be sure to get low quality work. In my case, for instance, I cannot take more than 30 minutes writing a 500 word article for 1$-2$. In such cases, I do less research and the article can't miss "stupid" grammar errors. In other situations, however, I take more than 5 hours doing research. But as long as the payment is good (By good, I mean anything above 15$). Also, I find 1$ for 100 words to be the lowest price you can pay for writing services.
Pay well to get quality work. In addition, visit Yahoo! Voices to find some great contributors who offer quality writing services. The good thing with Yahoo! Voices is that you have a chance of reading the contributor's published articles prior to hiring them.

All the best.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 AM

I have had a very amazing experience with our content writter. I am paying only 3 dollars for a professional written article. yes i do agree today their are many more who are taking $ 20 to 30 but believe me I am very impressed by my content writer and she is doing a very good job.

Thanks

Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

Usually running rate is about 10-15 dollars for every 500 words. Sidenote: Never end your sentences with a preposition.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Good writers value their content and do not work for pennies. If you do not want to pay for their efforts, it's not that easy to find a good writer. Otherwise there are many good writers out there, in every forum and freelance website.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:21 AM

Well, it takes time to find a good writer that suits your needs best.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward.lin View Post
Well, it takes time to find a good writer that suits your needs best.
Any thoughts on the thread creators questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwo View Post
Is there a secret place where all the great writers are hiding? I tried looking on oDesk and Elance, but it was either;
  • poor writing skills and very cheap or
  • a great writer, but just too expensive

What to do, what to do? How much do you pay for a well written 500 word article?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:23 PM

By looking at some of most popular blogs that have a lot of content related to your niche, you can find the writers who are writing content for these blogs and reach out to them to see if they would be willing to write for you.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Writing For The Web